View Poll Results: Do you want it to be revamped or no?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • No

5 83.33%

Thread: [ Discussion ] | Block Glue

Default [ Discussion ] | Block Glue

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuki
    Remember that your forum name will be visible on the poll and to ensure there will be no misunderstanding or conflicts, an opinion to your selection is a must though even if it is not completely mandatory, at least to solidify your choices if something ever happens which will most likely not happen.
    = = = = = = = = = =

There are many blocks in this game that is not attachable like dirt, snowy rocks, bricks, ect.

In order to connect neighboring blocks (even if they are the same block except the color) it requires a consumable called Block Glue though this consumable do not connect any backgrounds.

The Block Glue also has a slowing ability. As for this discussion, I will not be tackling about it since it has no effect on the building aspect whatsoever.

This consumable has problem that restricts the players from modifying small details such as dirt, bedrock, and other blocks yet the price simply ranges at a costly rate with its almost unnoticeable building-related purposes.

Even if that is not a bad price compared to the other blocks, it simply is unnecessary to have as a consumable, especially the price itself and even bested paints.

The ability to connect blocks to one another shouldn't be a consumable but rather a hand item instead. It is comparably better than making itself more easier to obtain though making a new thing for itself may take time to be reconsidered.

A new hand item that grants the player to modify connected blocks and even backgrounds would bring noticeable beneficial factors for those has a taste for building and even the ones who uses it for their other things.

This hand item will simply just set the tile as true unless it is punched again therefore making it fasle. This is great as people can simply just equip the required item to modify it and leave it set as true unless the player wants it to set as fasle.

As for the changes and purpose of the Block Glue will be renamed as Glue (Or keep the name the way it is as to not affect the buy+ owners and entirely create a new item for modifying blocks and backgrounds that can be used for connecting) that will only slow the players. A new opportunistic mechanics will serve this newly changed consumeble a drastic overview as well as the new hand item that will separate.

I know this is a long time item but wether you liked or stayed neutral with it, it needs itself a major makeover for the betterment of building aspects.

A poll will be there for your insights and opinions.
    Last edited by Cahtster; 12-30-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    listening to a song with a tragic message often helps me to convey my emotions by being in the singer's position to feel it...

Glow~

one day,
    ill be playing a guitar on a rainy day,
    singing about it~

What would happen to all the currently placed block glues?

I'm assuming it would br replaced with just glue, but then all the current worlds with block glue will just have a bunch of unconnected blocks. It would also be a bit annoying setting those blocks to true.

This also kinda makes people who used block glue as an item lose world locks kinda....

I am mostly disagree simply because that type of hand item suggested seems a bit OP and it will be hard to initiate.

I'm not fully opposed to the idea though.

Oh and...lets be honest....Block Glue turning into just Glue would suck. It can be combo-ed with water for vend worlds, but it won't really add a lot to the parkour scene that's not already there. Due to this, it would become practically useless except in very specific circumstances.

Make it less bad for Block Glue owners maybe and a easier transition and I'd agree.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    What would happen to all the currently placed block glues?
    They will be simply replaced as true block to ensure nothing will change.

I'm assuming it would br replaced with just glue, but then all the current worlds with block glue will just have a bunch of unconnected blocks. It would also be a bit annoying setting those blocks to true.
    Nope. Stated above what'd happen.

This also kinda makes people who used block glue as an item lose world locks kinda....
    A loss is a loss. But I am certain that not a lot of players in this game have used the glue as a form of their majority builds but mostly fixing their unsatosfaction on the bedrocks not being connected. A compensation would do the trick but it would be a hassle to do so. Sometimes a sacrifice is a sacrifice and you don't always expect a return for a change.

I am mostly disagree simply because that type of hand item suggested seems a bit OP and it will be hard to initiate.
    You cannot consider an item that simply modify a property of a block as overpowered as it only serves building purposes. It won't be a hasty task to initiate as players will learn.

Oh and...lets be honest....Block Glue turning into just Glue would suck. It can be combo-ed with water for vend worlds, but it won't really add a lot to the parkour scene that's not already there. Due to this, it would become practically useless except in very specific circumstances.
    Block glues are already used as a form of slowing players down. It's been there for a while though it is not a major problem. I've honestly never seen a parkour world with block glues in it as a form of a mechanic so I'm certain if separated, it'd have its own use.

Make it less bad for Block Glue owners maybe and a easier transition and I'd agree.
    Buyblockglue/s and sellblockglue/s are the only critical worlds that will be affected throughout the changes. Though there is no way of giving compensation through locking an item that has been changed but the only way I can sweeten up is to keep the name the same but its purpose is still only slowing the players.

In addition, I said that there could be new opportunities to make both shine in its own ways.
    listening to a song with a tragic message often helps me to convey my emotions by being in the singer's position to feel it...

Glow~

one day,
    singing about it~

Orrrr leave the block glue as it is and simply add an infinity glove rarity type item with the same function as glue
    IGN:EerieGt

Level:65

Discord: EerieGt#5836

Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    Orrrr leave the block glue as it is and simply add an infinity glove rarity type item with the same function as glue
    v This v

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuki
    As for the changes and purpose of the Block Glue will be renamed as Glue (Or keep the name the way it is as to not affect the buy+ owners and entirely create a new item for modifying blocks and backgrounds that can be used for connecting) that will only slow the players. A new opportunistic mechanics will serve this newly changed consumeble a drastic overview as well as the new hand item that will separate.
    Already stated and updated on the 2nd of the end of the paragraph.

Glow~

one day,
    singing about it~