Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lol

Default lol

An automated gadget can get you banned now? Is this game a joke? Its not a program that is interfering with gt at all? I found that closed thread funny.
    IGN: FOWL

Master Sorcerer

You can't use that specific mouse setting for autofarming because of how punching works. What Byte said is correct in itself, but wasn't exactly about what thread was about. Well, except for the duct tape part op mentioned at the end.

And not sure what you mean by "automated gadgets", but I'm pretty sure that includes anything you can use to automate stuff in the game, which does get you banned and has always been not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    You can't use that specific mouse setting for autofarming because of how punching works. What Byte said is correct in itself, but wasn't exactly about what thread was about. Well, except for the duct tape part op mentioned at the end.

And not sure what you mean by "automated gadgets", but I'm pretty sure that includes anything you can use to automate stuff in the game, which does get you banned and has always been not allowed.
    by automated gadgets i mean like diy things that you make. Anything from legos to etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    by automated gadgets i mean like diy things that you make. Anything from legos to etc.
    Yes, definitely legos are what I was talking about by gadgets. It's also not new:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    It's not a question of patching - if you auto-farm, we will ban you. Just because we don't block a particular program doesn't mean you will get away with it. If you are caught auto-farming, by ANY METHOD, we will ban you from the game. People have been using macro recording tools to cheat at Growtopia since it was released, and we have been banning them just as long. The game is meant to be played, not left running and ignored.

Just as an example: you could theoretically build a big Lego device that presses the keys on your keyboard to farm for you. There'd be no possible way to detect this if you did it well, since it's no different than you personally hitting the keys. Nonetheless, if we were to discover you were doing it, we would still ban you. The point is that you aren't allowed to auto-farm, not that you aren't allowed to use tool X or tool Y. Whatever tool you use, you will be banned. Just don't auto-farm.

If you don't like PLAYING Growtopia, then don't play it. Go play a different game. Why develop elaborate methods to get a computer to play one game for you, when you could enjoy yourself playing a million other games? There's no prize at the end of Growtopia. The only purpose in playing is to enjoy the playing. If it's not enjoyable, don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByteCode View Post
    Yes, definitely legos are what I was talking about by gadgets. It's also not new:
    so if im farming and i get tired and i let my friend takes over my mouse to break for me is that third party. You guys gonna ban me for that?

so if im farming and my friend takes over my mouse is that third party. You guys gonna ban me for that?
    No, the statement is very clear. Any device, program or whatever doing automated task for you will get you banned. Except this subject, sharing your account is just another case.

Quote Originally Posted by ByteCode View Post
    No, the statement is very clear. Any device, program or whatever doing automated task for you will get you banned. Except this subject, sharing your account is just another case.
    Im not talking about account sharing. Im talking about if i have a friend over at my house and he decides to help. The statement involves third party. The definition surrounding third party is if a person or something else is involved besides the two primarily involved. Not trying to burst your bubble but i would like clarification.

Im not talking about account sharing. Im talking about if i have a friend over at my house and he decides to help.
    So... Account sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the amazing Mistrella, thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    So... Account sharing.
    Account sharing would be considered if the other person had my password in that scenario.

Account sharing would be considered if the other person had my password in that scenario.
    I find it funny how bytecode said someone else taking over is third party and now he’s saying it’s not.

Love u tho sensei
    I absolutely LOVE horror. Anything scary I like. I’m not obsessed like posters all over my room etc. but I just really enjoy spooky things gives me those good chills. I recommend you watch Lupus Creepus or mike hommels reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfArt View Post
    I find it funny how bytecode said someone else taking over is third party and now he’s saying it’s not.

Love u tho sensei
    Read it again

FOWL, i'm pretty sure if he responds to things in game, eg Warnings given or messages, it's not autofarming