Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 25

Thread: What could be the main root of the game's downfall?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,908

    Default What could be the main root of the game's downfall?

    Growtopia has been losing popularity and has been rapidly going down in the past two years. People have been saying it's because of the useless and pointless updates, servers dying and pathetic stuff. While me, I can't identify the main root of Growtopia's downfall. I do understand why people loved Seth and Hamumu and why they hate Ubisoft. It is we all expect the best from Ubisoft since they are a multi-millionaire company however this isn't Ubisoft America.. this is Ubisoft Abu Dhabi.

    I personally think Ubisoft has made great and impressive updates but the only problem here is that they're adding too much content (i.e.: blocks and items) in game wherein these scammers have been finding ways to trick the community using new items that come out that can be used as an advantage in scamming. The only reason I can blame about the increase of spammers, scammers and hackers is on the economy. Growtopia's economy has massively changed that everyone is expected to have an enormous amount of Diamond Locks. The profit ways that used to be something we believe would get us world locks with a high possibility has now changed into "I'm not sure if I should do this profit because I might just lose world locks instead of gaining more world locks like I am expecting."

    The only reason that I can see why the servers keep dying is because of "too much content" like I said on the previous paragraphs. Those items that are useful and works with function like Magplants and Raymans are causing server disconnections due to too much packets being sent. To be honest, Ubisoft's updates are better than Seth and Hamumu. Imagine Ubisoft making the same updates like Seth and Hamumu did, you would be disappointed right? If Seth and Hamumu were ones handling this game until now, will they get these many items on game? New moderators in-game? Growtopia events outside and inside the game? and even Item of the Months like those Magplants? I think not. I don't want to underestimate what they could have but it's what I see.

    So tell me, are you not enjoying Growtopia because of few major stuff that they brought to Growtopia that massively changed the game a lot in a negative way? Or because of the lame updates that you expected will save Growtopia but not? What if they released PvE, would you be amazed when they first release it? Or maybe after a couple of weeks you'll just say BORING.

    What do you think was the main root of Growtopia's downfall?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I would like to say Downhill but most of the players are treating it like a Downfall has already happened
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard ×D A N T E×'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Country Called Indonesia
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    Growtopia has been losing popularity and has been rapidly going down in the past two years. People have been saying it's because of the useless and pointless updates, servers dying and pathetic stuff. While me, I can't identify the main root of Growtopia's downfall. I do understand why people loved Seth and Hamumu and why they hate Ubisoft. It is we all expect the best from Ubisoft since they are a multi-millionaire company however this isn't Ubisoft America.. this is Ubisoft Abu Dhabi.

    I personally think Ubisoft has made great and impressive updates but the only problem here is that they're adding too much content (i.e.: blocks and items) in game wherein these scammers have been finding ways to trick the community using new items that come out that can be used as an advantage in scamming. The only reason I can blame about the increase of spammers, scammers and hackers is on the economy. Growtopia's economy has massively changed that everyone is expected to have an enormous amount of Diamond Locks. The profit ways that used to be something we believe would get us world locks with a high possibility has now changed into "I'm not sure if I should do this profit because I might just lose world locks instead of gaining more world locks like I am expecting."

    The only reason that I can see why the servers keep dying is because of "too much content" like I said on the previous paragraphs. Those items that are useful and works with function like Magplants and Raymans are causing server disconnections due to too much packets being sent. To be honest, Ubisoft's updates are better than Seth and Hamumu. Imagine Ubisoft making the same updates like Seth and Hamumu did, you would be disappointed right? If Seth and Hamumu were ones handling this game until now, will they get these many items on game? New moderators in-game? Growtopia events outside and inside the game? and even Item of the Months like those Magplants? I think not. I don't want to underestimate what they could have but it's what I see.

    So tell me, are you not enjoying Growtopia because of few major stuff that they brought to Growtopia that massively changed the game a lot in a negative way? Or because of the lame updates that you expected will save Growtopia but not? What if they released PvE, would you be amazed when they first release it? Or maybe after a couple of weeks you'll just say BORING.

    What do you think was the main root of Growtopia's downfall?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I would like to say Downhill but most of the players are treating it like a Downfall has already happened
    Simple I think...

    Time's flew away... Games come and go... The trend will always change
    Since 2013, 2x Vacuum, 2x Scammed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    ... This is the main reason why 30,000 people have quit the game.



  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer BEYSBOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Pilipinas
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    The answer is simple.

    Ubisoft made this game easier by adding magplants.

    Back then, you have to play 24/7 to get your first world lock and through your adventure, you'll met a lot of friends that will make you stay to the game.
    Please click

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BEYSBOLL View Post
    The answer is simple.

    Ubisoft made this game easier by adding magplants.

    Back then, you have to play 24/7 to get your first world lock and through your adventure, you'll met a lot of friends that will make you stay to the game.
    So yes, it was the magplant destroying the entire economy making people greedy
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    To be honest, the older a community is, the bigger the chance of it breaking down.


    Ubi added great stuff, peeps tried to exploit that stuff, its like “a few bad apples spoil the bunch”. You get those 2 or 3 dudes who got super famous and they exploited the rules, its how the game changed. For example, after casinos got banned, no one made casino worlds anymore, the trend started again when wicker10 started making his videos on personal bets and chance stuff, peeps look up to other cool peeps, you see your role model (u know wot I mean) do something that you wouldn’t normally do, you’ll automatically get an urge to do it yourself, especially if you’re young and don’t have a sense of right and wrong.
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    my tum tum hurts.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    I've seen enough about why people "think" the game is failing. There is a suggestion forum for a reason and many players have contributed great ideas that were introduced into the game.

    You can sit around complaining about what you don't like, or you can put your thinking cap on and suggest fresh ideas that might contribute to the games growth.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I've seen enough about why people "think" the game is failing. There is a suggestion forum for a reason and many players have contributed great ideas that were introduced into the game.

    You can sit around complaining about what you don't like, or you can put your thinking cap on and suggest fresh ideas that might contribute to the games growth.
    I made my own opinion on why Growtopia could be failing (with sense I guess) because of those people that keeps saying reasons why Growtopia is dead when I can't seem to find the root of them starting to complain such.

    Agreed. There's always a suggestion box for everyone to suggest, it's just people are too good at complaining when they aren't even doing anything good.
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

  8. #8

    Default

    I think there are a few reasons of why this game isnt growing, firstly the number of the casinos and the hackers its incredibly high, once you press esc and leave the world you see atleast 4 casino worlds on the recommendation, the game is getting exploited to get irl money.

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Aeios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post

    Agreed. There's always a suggestion box for everyone to suggest, it's just people are too good at complaining when they aren't even doing anything good.
    I support this one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    I think there are a few reasons of why this game isnt growing, firstly the number of the casinos and the hackers its incredibly high, once you press esc and leave the world you see atleast 4 casino worlds on the recommendation, the game is getting exploited to get irl money.
    Not sure if the casinos on the World Showcase affects the popularity of the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    People are into getting rich nowadays. They became greedy and more greedy as time passes. When that Magplants and Raymans came to the game, it broke the economy. People are striving to get rich and not into socialising. When they keep on striving, some became Toxic and some are aren't (depends on their personality).

    I'm not sure that toxicity affects the popularity of the game and I am not that sure too, that striving to become rich is the root of being toxic.

    What you sow is what you reap

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard FrostFloofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    in my bed
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Casino are invading just like a outbreak :\
    IGN:Realnaufal23
    Second IGN:FrostFloofy

    [Goals]
    I Have No Goals,Later I Have To move another account hh

    I <3 GT

    Also, punchas and astinotrix are my senpais

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    14,111

    Default

    The main problem in my opinion is that they target too many of the updates towards the rich. The problem with this approach is that, as soon as it is no longer profitable, those people stop caring, whereas the people who care about the fun aspect of it are too poor to afford it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

    Avatar and sigpic by the amazing Mistrella, thank you so much!

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    The main problem in my opinion is that they target too many of the updates towards the rich. The problem with this approach is that, as soon as it is no longer profitable, those people stop caring, whereas the people who care about the fun aspect of it are too poor to afford it.
    I also see this issue. It has been harder for newbies to earn world locks while prices of other items are rising.
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •