Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Store-Wars |January 2020 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    60% is the number of people who are into the buy+/sell+ business.
    where's your evidence that can prove your 60% and that it is not 1% 5% 20% 30%
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

Quote Originally Posted by ffakke View Post
    This would be the most epic update for long time. Many seller who sells cheaper and dont have buy+ and other worlds would get people visit in their worlds easier way. I remember the days when didnt have gems to sb everyday and selling stuff was very annoying, took lot of time and was unprofitable to sell items without vends especially some items that buy+ world has muted and unpublic boards
    I can't say my experience using buy+ world's have always been the best. I don't like being cramped in small spaces or shot through multiple links into a place that doesn't result in me finding what I'm looking at all or finding at a reasonable price in a vendor.

It's as simple as when ever a person has an item in a vending machine they can choose to advertise it on a public board that anyone can search through. So I put an item in a vending machine set the price and at the bottom there is a button I push and it's posted for a set amount of time.

To combat abuse you can make it so once the post is made public you can not modify the vending until the set time period for the posting is up and if you decide to cancel a post early then the penalty will be no more posting for a period of time.

Power of generations of trades? The fairest price be with you? Absolutely. There is no better way to bring together buyers and sellers. Call it Growbay or Growizon.

You can even have a rating system. Whenever a transaction is made on your vend you get positive points that maybe gives you perks or whatever.

Don't you think that all item prices will drop a lot, like really a lot. This can be worst update for who doing mass, farm or trade to earn wls(Actually these things are reasons to play growtopia..).

Let's say There is 10.000 Pepper seed sellers and buyers can check all of them from this new machine. He would buy cheapest one right? and other guy, who trying to sell his item for little bit expensive can't sell his any item. Because probably there will be filters to check cheapest price. So, everyone need to make cheaper and cheaper to sell his items. Imagine how this will affect to economy...
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Don't you think that all item prices will drop a lot, like really a lot. This can be worst update for who doing mass, farm or trade to earn wls(Actually these things are reasons to play growtopia..).

Let's say There is 10.000 Pepper seed sellers and buyers can check all of them from this new machine. He would buy cheapest one right? and other guy, who trying to sell his item for little bit expensive can't sell his any item. Because probably there will be filters to check cheapest price. So, everyone need to make cheaper and cheaper to sell his items. Imagine how this will affect to economy...
    Cheapest price wins, Store Wars.

IGN: FULLOFREGRET
    Leader of Egg Guild
    Instagram: @fullofregret.gt
    Discord:f FullOfRegret#4466
    YouTube Channel: FullOfRegret Official

Honestly I don't know. I am up for an honest debate about it though. I would assume it would force competition indeed and if people want to be competitive then they would be forced to give the best price.

Yes if there is a lot of supply for an item then it will become devalued. That will discourage people from creating more supply and hopefully the natural course would be as people are not supplying sellers will dry up eventually creating demand and value for that item again.

I can only guess that things will adjust based on availability of particular things. Things with less value but limited supply may also increase in value as well. If some things go down in value does that mean some things will never rise as people realize it's limited in supply?

Not sure if big suppliers just buy up all the cheapest and have a monopoly on that item. That is a possibility as well.

I honestly think the idea I proposed is not as easy to implement into the game as I would like it to be. I'm not sure if it is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    Are you saying that only 40% of gt have at least 5+dls?
    Exactly. Or maybe less.

A lot of people i met, enjoy communicating rather than focusing on making profit. They have a small networth but they're happy with what they have. Even if they have enough, they prefer farming or massing or just buy low sell high.

Not to mention cheap buy+ world are trash. U need more than 5dls to have just a little bit good buy+. A lot of people dont like taking the risk of buying buy+ world.

Sorry but u just exaggerated the number too much.

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

Quote Originally Posted by GodEater View Post
    Cheapest price wins, Store Wars.
    That's why it's a bad reference
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell SOG 40/WL IN OQ60

BUY TONS OF BOUNTIFUL PACK 2/1 LEAVE MSG IN OQ60

Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Honestly I don't know. I am up for an honest debate about it though. I would assume it would force competition indeed and if people want to be competitive then they would be forced to give the best price.

Yes if there is a lot of supply for an item then it will become devalued. That will discourage people from creating more supply and hopefully the natural course would be as people are not supplying sellers will dry up eventually creating demand and value for that item again.

I can only guess that things will adjust based on availability of particular things. Things with less value but limited supply may also increase in value as well. If some things go down in value does that mean some things will never rise as people realize it's limited in supply?

Not sure if big suppliers just buy up all the cheapest and have a monopoly on that item. That is a possibility as well.

I honestly think the idea I proposed is not as easy to implement into the game as I would like it to be. I'm not sure if it is even possible.
    In my opinion, this supply/demand thing might work with the more expensive items but farmables would instantly implode upon themselves. The implementation if the magplant can be used as an example, the giant influx of farmables lead to massive increases in gems and dropping the farmables down to unimaginable prices at the time.

This brings up another point, if farmables become even cheaper, magplants will also lose their value (not sure if this is a good thing or not) and ruin bfgs. With no one to fark their blocks, owners would likely try to sell of their farmables, only adding fuel to the fire.

Finally, this capitalist idea may work just fine in the real world but can Growtopia really put their players through the strainer like that with their kind of playerbase.

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I typed this on my phone)
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

IGN: IHasName

Bidding Machine you mean
    Please click

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    In my opinion, this supply/demand thing might work with the more expensive items but farmables would instantly implode upon themselves. The implementation if the magplant can be used as an example, the giant influx of farmables lead to massive increases in gems and dropping the farmables down to unimaginable prices at the time.

This brings up another point, if farmables become even cheaper, magplants will also lose their value (not sure if this is a good thing or not) and ruin bfgs. With no one to fark their blocks, owners would likely try to sell of their farmables, only adding fuel to the fire.

Finally, this capitalist idea may work just fine in the real world but can Growtopia really put their players through the strainer like that with their kind of playerbase.

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I typed this on my phone)
    I understand your position and you are not wrong but I think we are talking about problems that already exist and not problems that the idea I proposed would directly cause. A searchable type market place isn't going to be the cause of over production and massive supplies that cause certain things to devalue like farmables. It will only just be a place people can list what they have and others can find what they want.

I think the root of the problem is massive supplies exist because there is not enough efficient uses for them. You want to eliminate high supplies then Ubisoft is going to have to find a solution if it really is a problem. Introduce more splices into the game that require more high supply farmables. Introduce new NPCs that buy high supplies of farmables or items for something in return. Introduce new events that deplete these supplies.

Daily quests/Growganoth/Carnival Quest may or may not be enough but I might suggest these are not getting the job done. Again I wonder why deny innovation because of fear of change or unwillingness to come up with creative solutions to the problems. I don't want to jump up to Growganoth 1000 times. Daily quests are kind of hit or miss unless you have tons of everything. Carnival ring quests are also kind of hit and miss. Not every quest is asking for something to remove from the game. I've always thought that the Growganoth should just be at the bottom of the world and skip the parkour.

Obviously like Legendary Items you might have to make something new that caters to the extremely rich that requires them to give an almost impossible amount of each farmable seed in return for some big unique looking vanity item or just different avenues to the sane legendary items that requires those impossible amounts of the farmable seeds.

It's really not that difficult honestly. You could even rotate what items are farmable in the game occasionally to mix things up and throw players for a loop and not allow things to build up those huge supplies.

What if there would be some sort of auction mechanic? Players could bid on items etc
    Professional poster

[Goals]
    ·Scam 100DL [REDACTED/100DL]
    ·Be alive [Never complete]
    ·Become the president of the US [Completed]

Contact me:

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post

uhhh, how do you guys know what the update is even about? i think you're thinking about a global market network, which would be a disaster for the community, i dont think the devs would add such a feature,because of the obvious decline of value in..... well almost every item, that if they add a filter or smth to make the cheapest stuff be displayed unless they do that, this kinda of update would imo destroy the economy, no matter if people sell or not, i think the update would be something different than you're guys' thinking, i cant imagine the devs making an obvious mistake, well i hope they dont
    IGN: ZIMOATH