Thread: Chat GUI Update [Feedback]

Default The chat update is even worse.

What the hell happened?

I’m on an iPad and I have to tap chat TWICE before I can type. The first time I tap, the options to switch between the channels come up for some reason.

Also, if I type too much, IT’S CUT OFF WITH “...”.

Even if I type short sentences, if I say more than 3 things, it binds them all together into one text and ends it with “...”.

This is absolutely horrid.

The space is still there in between the chat and the left side of the screen that ultimately pisses me of and triggers my OCD.

The annoying [W] [S] crap is still there.

And now, more problems have been introduced, and not a single problem was solved with this new “Fix” for the chat update.

Every single attempt to update the chat has ended in failure. Please just go back to the normal chat we’ve had for YEARS.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

I use my ipad as well but i dont seem to experience those you mentioned. But i think we dont have the same version of ipads. But, the one you said at the last part—
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Please just go back to the normal chat we’ve had for YEARS.
    Really makes me wanna wish to have that back too.
    I dont live in darkness, darkness lives in me.
    Becareful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.
    Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.

The ... thing can be stopped by doing /me

But it becomes a spam party
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    The ... thing can be stopped by doing /me

But it becomes a spam party
    spam party
    Name:  rip.png
Views: 224
Size:  38.2 KB
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

The three dots are odd, but certainly not worth this rant.
    Especially when considering that they only occur after 102 characters (only tried it on my phone so far), which is likely way more characters than you could write before.
    (Kudos for adding the character counter btw).

The category prefixes may need some getting used to, but they help people figure what to find where.

Independent of whether you might find the new chat ui appealing or not this update was undoubtedly an improvement.

This update Is great they added more characters in the chat bubble, but I have one issue with my swift key keyboard (Google keyboard) when I tap (123) key which is the numbers and symbols key it deletes everything I wrote earlier and glitches like it's trying to open something and then comes back to the initial keyboard... Now I'm not able to use
    ( `) and colored chat because of this issue.
    Last edited by CaribbeanJr; 01-02-2020 at 05:35 AM.

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Also, if you type something and put your keyboard down, it deletes it now.

I don’t know why I’m experiencing this issue.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

Default Chat GUI Update [Feedback]

I appreciate the new Chat GUI update because it's neatly done and very smooth to use. However, there are some flaws with the designed keyboard;

• The keyboard erases everything that is written on the chat bar and re-appears unexpectedly

• When the user switch from Growtopia to other applications, vice versa, Growtopia keyboard wouldn't pop-up unless you restart the game.

• The keyboard is malfunctioning and it press the keys on its own.

• The Chat menu (the pullie) if you pull it either minimal or not at all, it will go up or down in it's max position (All the way back up or it was like pulled all the way down low).

• The 120 characters when all used up with same characters will show "..." at the end line to prevent spam. However, it was not applied in the command (/me).

• When you used all the 120 characters available, your next chat will be invisible or a blank on the chat bubble box.

I'm using an Android device, the above mentioned statement was experienced by me.
    Last edited by BverX; 01-01-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    I appreciate the new Chat GUI update because it's neatly done and very smooth to use. However, there are some flaws with the designed keyboard;

• The keyboard erases everything that is written on the chat bar and re-appears unexpectedly

• When the user switch from Growtopia to other applications, vice versa, Growtopia keyboard wouldn't pop-up unless you restart the game.

• The keyboard is malfunctioning and it press the keys on its own.

• The Chat menu (the pullie) if you pull it either minimal or not at all, it will go up or down in it's max position (All the way back up or it was like pulled all the way down low).

• The 120 characters when all used up with same characters will show "..." at the end line to prevent spam. However, it was not applied in the command (/me).

• When you used all the 120 characters available, your next chat will be invisible or a blank on the chat bubble box.

I'm using an Android device, the above mentioned statement was experienced by me.
    The problem with apple users is

•The additional white chat board. It covers up the whole screen when I use an iphone. Which is pretty annoying that I cannot see my surroundings.

•The chat GUI. It randomly pops out and the half is only visible because the other half is out of the screen. (On my Ipad, idk with iphones)

• I type and press done. Whenever I press the chat symbol. I have to do it twice before I can type another message again.

•The chat bar randomly slides on its own.
    I dont live in darkness, darkness lives in me.
    Becareful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.
    Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.