View Poll Results: Answer:

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 29.47%
  • No

67 70.53%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let banned players play during Anniversary Week.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    Got any good replies other than quotes indirectly calling me an "idiot" or what?

You do understand my reply wasn't remotely directed at you, right? I wanted to join in the discussion but you're trying to push me away.

This a subforum for discussing different things my guy, you're better off using your own words.

Make sure they make sense tho
    Dude it was a joke, I don't understand why you quoted me if not to respond to me.

No one actually expexts this to happen. If you don't understand my goal then it really isn't my problem.
    Last edited by IHasName; 01-03-2020 at 02:22 AM.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

IGN: IHasName

Master Sorcerer
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.

Sounds like a great idea as a concept, but when you get into the technicalities of it, a whole slew of problems pop up.

Even removing the fist and wrench, numerous other exploits can happen, using a donation box by pressing the item on it, mannequins even things like display blocks. There would have to be so much effort put-in to foolproof these accounts so that this can happen, also the consequences might end up with us realising that those who got banned for stuff like inappropriate speech, spam, offensive remarks come back in.

Also, that does bring in the fact that known exploiters and hackers will be unbanned. Accounts that actively pose a security threat, with duped items, who very well could find a way to exploit this. This would be interesting if I felt banned players were interesting people to talk to, but most are really not, most are just CSN runners, scammers, even those who were wealthy are usually semi-literate in English and wouldn't speak much to the general community.

Frankly, the best players were the oldest ones that have stood the test of time. Not those who got banned a few months ago for running a drop game.
    IGN: PoseidionYT

The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwing View Post
    Sounds like a great idea as a concept, but when you get into the technicalities of it, a whole slew of problems pop up.

Even removing the fist and wrench, numerous other exploits can happen, using a donation box by pressing the item on it, mannequins even things like display blocks. There would have to be so much effort put-in to foolproof these accounts so that this can happen, also the consequences might end up with us realising that those who got banned for stuff like inappropriate speech, spam, offensive remarks come back in.

Also, that does bring in the fact that known exploiters and hackers will be unbanned. Accounts that actively pose a security threat, with duped items, who very well could find a way to exploit this. This would be interesting if I felt banned players were interesting people to talk to, but most are really not, most are just CSN runners, scammers, even those who were wealthy are usually semi-literate in English and wouldn't speak much to the general community.

Frankly, the best players were the oldest ones that have stood the test of time. Not those who got banned a few months ago for running a drop game.
    I agree with this. Possible exploits may happen.
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

When people choose to participate in the activities that result in a ban then I assume they view those activities as more important than missing out on an important event in the game. You can choose to not participate in activities that put you at risk of receiving a ban because you don't want to deal with the punishment.

Why go out of your way to include players that didn't care enough to be included? The experience of not being able to be involved may help them mature and help guide them to make better choices in the future.

As interesting as seeing players such as SydeFX or Woshipaul play GT again after years of being banned, I think it wouldn't be worth it, because those players broke the rules, and were punished accordingly. Not to mention, a lot of scammers and gamblers would flood the servers, because they are no longer banned (at least, temporarily). It also opens up the possibility of banned players moving their items from their old accounts to new ones.

IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 94 / 125
    900,000 gems / 1,000,000
    Steam
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    Dude it was a joke, I don't understand why you quoted me if not to respond to me.

No one actually expexts this to happen. If you don't understand my goal then it really isn't my problem.
    Funny joke. Humor great. Wow

You literally just told me to go away and called me a fool. Your definition of a joke is ridiculous

Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet

My english is deteriotiating :[

Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3

I don't agree with that, some players go against the rules but still love the game, we shouldn't give them their quota of their daily growtopia.

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    Funny joke. Humor great. Wow

You literally just told me to go away and called me a fool. Your definition of a joke is ridiculous
    Look man, I'm not tryna start anything. I understand if you don't get my humor but if this continues, it really will just embarrass the both of us.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

IGN: IHasName

Lesser Wizard

They are banned for a reason! Why would we do that?! Filling the game back up with toxicity again? Absolutely not, insert insult here

I don't really see any point of unbanning them just to attend Anniversary and after this is over, ban them once again. They've broken the rules and therefore cannot log in into this game with their account anymore. Probably most of them are still playing as I've seen quite a few talking freely of being banned and still continuing to play with a bunch of different accounts. I understand where are you going with this but the majority of such players do not deserve this sort of leniency for the harm that was done by them.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 73
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchy
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Puchas#0986

Hi everyone,

The rules of the game exist for a reason. If a player breaks those rules, they have to accept the consequences of their actions. Also, unbanning rightfully banned players and allowing them to play again, even in restricted manner wouldn't be fair to all those players who are mindful of the rules, following them and making sure that Growtopia is fun, safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.

That being said, we're reminding everyone that they can always contact the Support Team and appeal about their ban if they feel that they are banned by mistake.

To make sure you're following the rules, you can always double-check them by typing /rules in-game or read The Growtopian Code here on the forum. Thank you.

You could've just said a call for a chaos