View Poll Results: Answer:

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 29.47%
  • No

    67 70.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Let banned players play during Anniversary Week.

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    470

    Default Let banned players play during Anniversary Week.

    Banned players are unbanned for the week of anniversary only.

    I could paste a speech about the sentimental value this would add to the event.
    Instead, I'm reminding you there's around 5 days left until Anniversary strikes, so here's the description already:

    They have grey skin with no face (from curse mod).
    They can roam any world.
    Debatable: They are free to talk.

    To prevent any unwanted exploits, they cannot:

    - Drop (disable drop)
    - Interact (using donation box/clothing compactor etc)
    Or their inventory set untradable/can't select anything or wiped.

    - Punch (remove fist)
    - Wrench (remove wrench)
    - Pickup (Can't pick anything, like Heroic Tights of Prevention)
    - All /commands (Grant permission for emotes only)
    That's all.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,013

    Default

    lol I see 0 chance of this being added but that would be really cool. Infamous scammers like SydeFX just walking around 😂
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    lol I see 0 chance of this being added but that would be really cool. Infamous scammers like SydeFX just walking around 😂
    Not impossible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ready to defend any arguments. Reply now.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Zynek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    In my parent's shed
    Posts
    466

    Default

    I don't see why not. It is play APPRECIATION week and what would GT be without hackers/scammers?
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    It actually would be funny seeing all the banned people from growtopia and then hang out and say goodbye to them and ban them again, actually again causing server lag and stuff. Like when seth banned everyone for 30 minutes
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    lol I see 0 chance of this being added but that would be really cool. Infamous scammers like SydeFX just walking around 😂
    This is indeed hilarious, +1 for the idea though it might not happen.
    ~~~~ SixFace

    Important words to consider:

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Jisam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Seems like a lot of effort, I think that effort would be better suited doing something for the players who didn't break the rules.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer ScammePlse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I funded Ubisoft's server
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Wait, doesn't banned players also consist of the many spammers who got banned for spamming...

    Actually this idea might be thoroughly interesting now that I think of it. Undead spambots returning, raise the player count to 100k again
    O how little

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Seems like a lot of effort, I think that effort would be better suited doing something for the players who didn't break the rules.
    The more effort put into the event, the better it is. The players who broke the rules will realize they cannot experience Growtopia from their limitations and will inevitably fall into regret. Could teach new players not to make the same mistakes. Nevertheless, the reunion of old friends is something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ScammePlse View Post
    Wait, doesn't banned players also consist of the many spammers who got banned for spamming...

    Actually this idea might be thoroughly interesting now that I think of it. Undead spambots returning, raise the player count to 100k again
    Hence the temporary return of banned players duct taped or not is debatable.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Jisam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69
    The more effort put into the event, the better it is. The players who broke the rules will realize they cannot experience Growtopia from their limitations and will inevitably fall into regret. Could teach new players not to make the same mistakes. Nevertheless, the reunion of old friends is something.
    It just seems like it would cause a lot of drama, and only to satisfy people who were banned? Makes no sense.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    There will be tons of Bugs and Glitches
    Pokekid: (Oh no, can’t drop)
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    It just seems like it would cause a lot of drama, and only to satisfy people who were banned? Makes no sense.
    Perhaps, if they had permission to speak - debatable. Only seems subjective. Wouldn't it satisfy players to see the rule-breaker's fate? How about reunions? Anniversary revisits history, including the past banned players. Overall this will improve Anniversary Week. Makes sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    There will be tons of Bugs and Glitches
    Pokekid: (Oh no, can’t drop)
    Had a look through your posts. Pokekid is a troll.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Jisam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69
    Perhaps, if they had permission to speak - debatable. Only seems subjective. Wouldn't it satisfy players to see the rule-breaker's fate? How about reunions? Anniversary revisits history, including the past banned players. Overall this will improve Anniversary Week. Makes sense.
    If they can't even speak, how will they have a reunion. If you know someone who was banned and you were good friends, most of the time you would just communicate outside of the game anyways. i don't see how this would improve anniversary for anyone other than maybe the banned players.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer astinotrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Noxus
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69 View Post
    Banned players are unbanned for the week of anniversary only.

    I could paste a speech about the sentimental value this would add to the event.
    Instead, I'm reminding you there's around 5 days left until Anniversary strikes, so here's the description already:

    They have grey skin with no face (from curse mod).
    They can roam any world.
    Debatable: They are free to talk.

    To prevent any unwanted exploits, they cannot:

    - Drop (disable drop)
    - Interact (using donation box/clothing compactor etc)
    Or their inventory set untradable/can't select anything or wiped.

    - Punch (remove fist)
    - Wrench (remove wrench)
    - Pickup (Can't pick anything, like Heroic Tights of Prevention)
    - All /commands (Grant permission for emotes only)
    That's all.
    how are the banned players gonna realize this announcement if they have stopped playing the game? its not like they keep trying to login everyday to see how many days are left for their ban lol.
    are they gonna pm them on their email something like "hello you can play gt again"
    banned player : "omg for real"?
    support :"well yes, but actually no"
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer LyveWyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Cool suggestion, but they’re all busy playing on alts anyways! Plus they get to drop, trade, speak, and interact without any issues!

  16. #16
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    If they can't even speak, how will they have a reunion. If you know someone who was banned and you were good friends, most of the time you would just communicate outside of the game anyways. i don't see how this would improve anniversary for anyone other than maybe the banned players.
    Which is why being duct taped is debatable. Reunions can be done through emotes. As you said, some of the time you won't have communication outside of the game, and could be rectified during this week. I see it improves anniversary for anyone other than the banned players, yes anniversary includes them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by astinotrix View Post
    how are the banned players gonna realize this announcement if they have stopped playing the game? its not like they keep trying to login everyday to see how many days are left for their ban lol.
    are they gonna pm them on their email something like "hello you can play gt again"
    banned player : "omg for real"?
    support :"well yes, but actually no"
    From a tweet and an announcement on forums, like a normal update. If they don't come, they don't. Those who miss Growtopia will attend.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Cool suggestion, but they’re all busy playing on alts anyways! Plus they get to drop, trade, speak, and interact without any issues!
    Minus they have to restart and have the curse of constant paranoia from getting potentially banned anytime.

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    I love this thread

  18. #18
    Squire
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    26

    Default It's a good idea but

    It is a good idea that letting some banned players to play growtopia but it is better that only the selected ones who got banned can play for a short while.
    IGN: SandLike
    Level: 60
    Plays Growtopia For Fun (Est. 2013)

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    4,113

    Default

    No. They were banned for a reason

    And besides, whats the point of playing if they cant even do anything?

    Making a bot to automatically unban and ban after the event wont work, and as you said there are only 5 days till the event, so they wont have emough time, not to mention the bot could also ban innocent people

    Emailing support is a no go too.

    Oh also, this belongs in the suggestions sub my guy ^^

    Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet


    My english is deteriotiating :[

    Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3



  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer IHasName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    No. They were banned for a reason

    And besides, whats the point of playing if they cant even do anything?

    Making a bot to automatically unban and ban after the event wont work, and as you said there are only 5 days till the event, so they wont have emough time, not to mention the bot could also ban innocent people

    Emailing support is a no go too.

    Oh also, this belongs in the suggestions sub my guy ^^
    Go away, let us dream.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6





    IGN: IHasName

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •