Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Merged] DigiVend feedback

so lets say u have 1-10 magplant and alt account and u set it to 1wl and buy it from alt account . do that 100 times u will easy manipulate prices .
    how about if u have 200dl and draconic wing . just set it to 200dl . do this 100 times and u will rise price .
    ign: V3K1

With the vending hub checkout counter, u dont have to wrench the digivend to buy items, all you need is to wrench the checkout counter and u can buy items from digivends (either vertical or horizontal line)
    IGN: MacProof
    Level: 125

Quote Originally Posted by buyb View Post
    so lets say u have 1-10 magplant and alt account and u set it to 1wl and buy it from alt account . do that 100 times u will easy manipulate prices .
    how about if u have 200dl and draconic wing . just set it to 200dl . do this 100 times and u will rise price .
    I mean if that is how it works. If it just gives the average of the prices currently in all vends it's going to be hard to game the system.

Honestly I love the new system so far. It makes things more compact and efficient.

I love new vends and new hub!!!! It saves my time, if vend world owners just upgrade their shops!!!
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Their software probably remove all the outliers. But still definitely can be manipulated by dropping 10-50wls per time.
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by FogStar View Post
    im Assuming this cross checks the prices of all vending machines, but let’s take a look at how inaccurate this item is..

Even when I put the price at 10 world locks it said it was 50% overpriced
    I feel like this item wasn’t a great idea I can’t see a reason for it.

Wait I’m confused what’s the point of the digivend if the new vend and the old one display the same information
    Should be good now ....

Default Core problems with DigiVend

I'm not a massive item seller in vends by any means so keep this in mind

But... I feel like the whole pricing feature has a major core benefit and flaw. You can now know if you're buying something for cheap or expensive in general.. but to what extent?
    In my particular case I tend to sell items that are obscure, hardly traded. I logged on to see that most of my items were "400-500% more expensive than usual" despite having sold many.

The problem is that such items usually have a particular tendency to have a way higher pricing range between sellers because they are not items commonly traded. Say one remote, unpopular world sells an item for 1wl each, while another world slightly more popular could sell them for way higher than that. I feel like the game really forces you to rely on an arbitrary price which is harmful for all non popular items, and gives less freedom to sellers as however they may want to price their items. The thing is, the pricing warning also shows up on regular vends. Buyers are a lot less likely to buy, no matter if they can or can not find that lower priced item in that remote world.

It's going to be accurate for items with a lot of traffic, but this is really is the cover and something to reflect on when trading non popular items.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Master Sorcerer

Now you don't have freedom in growtopia when you trade, system force you to set items price same as others. It's reminds me of the capitalist system.

guys chill... its the first/second day of the update... ofc there will be some bugs... just share it and stop arguing about the new vends trust me, they are doing there best...

I wish if they opened the beta servers to try it out before publishing it...
    IGN: Zarmion

The guy who always get scammed

Quote Originally Posted by Xrmion View Post
    guys chill... its the first/second day of the update... ofc there will be some bugs... just share it and stop arguing about the new vends trust me, they are doing there best...

I wish if they opened the beta servers to try it out before publishing it...

You know that most of people arguing are trying to make the game better, (not the ones asking to remove the digivend, but the ones who are saying 500% is a bit wrong for example) because Ubidevs listen to us as a community or even as individuals (Neko ears for example a player suggested that the front would be better if it was pink instead of black and we got the actual neko ears in a few mins) so it's not always bad to argue and I love this approach Ubisoft has, alot of people won't agree with me but it's your right.

PS: Also beta servers are needed for features that are completely new and need a direct player interaction, digivends had a base and it was the vend (probably).

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Banned

Default Ephus speaking..

I like this update, it makes price checking so much easier, and safe.

But there are a few flaws though, for example, if someone manipulates it
    by selling an unpopular item for cheap to their alt/friend in order to drop/rise
    the item in question.

I don't know what sort of protection there is against this type of price manipulation,
    but I think that there is at least some code to prevent this.

When I put the counter to display vertical, it becomes invisible, and only the lock thing is visible of the sprite.

I'd rate this update 8 from 10, since it obviously has some minor flaws, but it's still
    really good, keep it up, GT team!

Also, 2,800th post of mine!