Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: How does the system calculate the average of prices

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,207

    Default How does the system calculate the average of prices

    How does the system calculate the average of prices?

    Player trades and vends or there's a fixed price

    and also, why are there some items that have no value checks

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    It would be better to keep it secret because of price manipulators.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default Ephus speaking..

    How to manipulate for example, Kudo's carriage price:

    Take one or two alts, trade the carriage for 10-20wls cheaper several times, and boom!


    Do not do this.

    I don't know if this issue has already been handled.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    How to manipulate for example, Kudo's carriage price:

    Take one or two alts, trade the carriage for 10-20wls cheaper several times, and boom!


    Do not do this.

    I don't know if this issue has already been handled.
    Same thought man. If the unpopular items have no value checks, about 500 people can just trade an unpopular item with no value check several times for a price that is too less or too high from the average to tell the system that this is the average that should be showing on the Digivends

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    answer answer answer

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    3,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    answer answer answer
    it worked with trade too. when u trade, it say if u paying overprice or not. wow

    IGN: R4Z

    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv


  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    How does the system calculate the average of prices?

    Player trades and vends or there's a fixed price

    and also, why are there some items that have no value checks
    I wanted to ask the very same thing.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  8. #8
    Administrator Starkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    645

    Default

    We'd really rather not get into specifics on this one in order to reduce the possibility of manipulation. We've done a few things to hedge against it already, but you can never be too careful, y'know?

    Even without knowing how it works behind the scenes, I really hope you all enjoy the update. We've been working on this one for a while! I know it may seem like a small thing, these pricing checks, but believe me, getting all the tracking in place and funneling it correctly was a ton of work!

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    We'd really rather not get into specifics on this one in order to reduce the possibility of manipulation. We've done a few things to hedge against it already, but you can never be too careful, y'know?

    Even without knowing how it works behind the scenes, I really hope you all enjoy the update. We've been working on this one for a while! I know it may seem like a small thing, these pricing checks, but believe me, getting all the tracking in place and funneling it correctly was a ton of work!
    But how come some other items doesn't have a value check, is it intended because of the system?

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  10. #10
    Administrator Starkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    But how come some other items doesn't have a value check, is it intended because of the system?
    There may not be enough data to achieve statistical significance (we don't want the value checks to mislead anyone based on a few outliers). That, or it could be a bug. We're watching things closely, though, so if there's an issue with the displays, we'll be on it!

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    There may not be enough data to achieve statistical significance (we don't want the value checks to mislead anyone based on a few outliers). That, or it could be a bug. We're watching things closely, though, so if there's an issue with the displays, we'll be on it!
    Oh. Did Viju report to you about some items with no value checks on trades but on Digivends there are?

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    149

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post

    Even without knowing how it works behind the scenes, I really hope you all enjoy the update. We've been working on this one for a while! I know it may seem like a small thing, these pricing checks, but believe me, getting all the tracking in place and funneling it correctly was a ton of work!

    despite not really liking the idea of the digivends, pricing the items is definitely very helpful, +1!!!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •