Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone find thread about selling art out side the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Attachment 229803

This rule said enough. Both buying and selling Growtopian items ( such as world locks ) for out of game items ( like art ) is illegal.

If you don't get it, selling world locks ( game item ) for art ( out of item ) is illegal. Buying world locks ( game item ) for art ( out of game item ) is illegal.
    This is what i say over and over again, but ppl say "in my OPINION this should be legal so i do it". They doesn't listen that this is not mater of opinions, it is matter of rules. We follow rules no matter what OPINIONS we have about the rules. I start hate word OPINION.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post

Oh my, how large.
    You got 101dls++, displayed on ig.

Since both of us won't ever change our opinions, how about i end my arc here?
    And you believe every my vid that they are like documentary, never scripted? Well.. I made it for jelly ppl who try shut my mouth cause they think that i'm rich famous player who get free wls just like that. I made your fantasy/dream about my life come true in one small video. But well, it's fake sadly. Ppl judge me cause i have followers. They think that only rich ppl can be famous and that rich and famous life is like fantasy. Well i can tell the ugly truth: it is pure hell to be under the public eye and i do it only cause i really want help ppl to learn rules, see what new updates are about, share any kind of info and funny moments. There is no reason why would i want be famous. Remember, i told that i have social anxiety disorder? So i'm super scared when ppl surrounds me and when fans comes meet me, all what i can get out from my mouth (in this case on keyboard) is oof. How
    pathetic is that? I can't just enjoy or say ty and so on. Sure i try, but mostly it is oof what comes out from me. So this is story behind the scenes of QueenChloe /fp for me
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    This is what i say over and over again, but ppl say "in my OPINION this should be legal so i do it". They doesn't listen that this is not mater of opinions, it is matter of rules. We follow rules no matter what OPINIONS we have about the rules. I start hate word OPINION.
    There are does who rebel against the rules, you can’t stop them all.
    Though, it’s actually nice to see that you are persuading commissioners to stop what they are doing. I applaud you for using your influence to speak out against such things that aren’t usually talked about.

Also, if they don’t want to do it, don’t force them. They are ignorant if they don’t treasure your warning.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    There are does who rebel against the rules, you can’t stop them all.
    Though, it’s actually nice to see that you are persuading commissioners to stop what they are doing. I applaud you for using your influence to speak out against such things that aren’t usually talked about.

Also, if they don’t want to do it, don’t force them. They are ignorant if they don’t treasure your warning.
    Omg ty at least we know there people like u that still know the difference between right and wrong
    And appreciate all the thing chloe do, not just cant admit the truth, we know it a rule, but some just want to throw the rule out the window like it dont exist, so let wait administration post the thread because I want to know what they have to said on this issue to clear this up. I love art community work , and enjoy seeing there talent because it God giving talent but at same time I dont like the argument, because if it a rule then it need to be taking into consideration or else take out so it no longer exist. People like chloe it only messenger showing what rule ubisoft applies, if u cant enforce your rule why much she work so hard to teach kid the rule u provide, so ubisoft need to let us all know.

3.2 (14). access, use, download from the Services or otherwise reproduce or supply to anyone (free of charge or in return for payment) any directory of Users of the Services or any other information concerning Users or use of the Services;
    It says no
    Selling art for wls is a 90% no, selling for money is 99% no but making art for free 4 other people should be fine as it does fall under the creative commons act.
    Update: (video)
    "We are happy to have enthusiastic fans who talk about our games, share experiences and create a vibrant culture. We love seeing your fan art and contributions out there.

We do have just a few guidelines that we would ask you to follow when you consider publishing on stream, video or fan websites or creating dynamic walkthroughs, Let’s Plays, Speedruns, reviews or similar things using Ubisoft game content.

NDA: If you have signed a non-disclosure agreement, for example when taking part in a closed beta, you are not allowed to post any content.

Be aware that the upload of gameplay assets in advance of the game’s official release date may result in Ubisoft blocking your content.

Music: Some of the music we use in our games is our own. However, some titles are licensed and owned by the artists. If you post a video with licensed music on a video website, it may result it a copyright strike from the website. To avoid this, we recommend that you turn off the music in the game if you plan to record a gameplay sequence.

You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites, unless your videos happen to include copyrighted music that is identified in YouTube’s Content ID system or similar technology on any other site. If you upload a video, you may receive notification stating that the video has been claimed, and therefore monetized, by a music company and additionally, advertisements may appear within or around your video. In most cases, your video will not be blocked and these notifications are only meant to inform you that another entity has wholly monetized this content within the system. Please do not dispute these claims unless you have a direct license from the claim owner. Any other use of our content in videos must be non-commercial.

If your YouTube channel is under an agreement with a Multi-Channel Network (MCN) where the MCN is monetizing on your behalf, please contact the MCN or the music claim owner to ensure that your MCN has an agreement with the music company.

Assets: Please do not take assets from our games (for example voice, music, items) and distribute them separately.

We want to make it clear that we do not condone racist, sexist, homophobic, or offensive content. We reserve the right to remove content we find objectionable, for any reason, on a case by case basis. Also, please keep your videos focused on our games, and away from overtly controversial topics.

Additionally, we would like to ask you not to post any content that could spoil the story to other players. No one likes spoilers, so keep it fair.

In the same spirit we would ask you to not post content that encourages other players to cheat or promotes the use of illegitimate means to gain advantages in the game.

Finally, please do not charge users to view or access your videos. Do not sell or license your videos to others for a payment of any kind.

Of course, this Policy applies only to Ubisoft footage. If music owned by third parties (including the popular music in our games) or other non-Ubisoft content is included in your video, you will need to secure the content owner's permission independently.

If you have any questions about our policy, please do not hesitate to CONTACT US. If you would like to know more, please read our COMPLETE POLICY." - from Ubisoft support

Update: FAN ART
    Ubisoft has not set any regulations for fan art. I would avoid selling 4 wls and real money. Tho
    I aced the LSAT

Ubimods!!!!! We still need answers!!!!!!!! I have waited over week already. I even gave link for this thread when i contacted support. So can we get answer what makes everything clear. We (players) need know rules. Like i said, rn community laughs for your rules, cause they can break them and flex about it and get 0 punishments.

Ubimods!!!!! We still need answers!!!!!!!! I have waited over week already. I even gave link for this thread when i contacted support. So can we get answer what makes everything clear. We (players) need know rules. Like i said, rn community laughs for your rules, cause they can break them and flex about it and get 0 punishments.
    how can you know that they're breaking rules?

The rules make it technically illegal, but it's not enforced.
    This thread is a waste of time, really.
    ^woah
    hey my name is starnox.
    I'm an artist, I take commissions if you want art. can take wls or paypal,,,,,
    I like boys.

Quote Originally Posted by CozmiDonut View Post
    This thread is a waste of time, really.
    i agree, people are acting as if this is the Roman Senate, its a simple dilemma and will soon be over
    ~IGN: Nanimator
    ~Joined Growtopia On 7-13-2015
    ~Discord: Nanimator#0666

https://youtu.be/ZPzsx3AdHpw

I want just know what rules we can break and what rules we need follow, cause current system is confusing. They have said that selling out game stuff for in game currency is illegal so selling out game art for wls should be illegal if there is no exceptions. And if we have exceptions in rules i need know them. How can i play by the rules if i don't even know rules? I don't want get suspended cause i just didn't know rules.

Still asking those questions what i added in this threads first post.

I want just know what rules we can break and what rules we need follow, cause current system is confusing. They have said that selling out game stuff for in game currency is illegal so selling out game art for wls should be illegal if there is no exceptions. And if we have exceptions in rules i need know them. How can i play by the rules if i don't even know rules? I don't want get suspended cause i just didn't know rules.

wait for Ubisoft's response, thats it

Just because you're pissed that there's some kind of exception for a rule, you shouldn't question the others. Vandalism is less of a crime than selling cocaine, murder, or arson. Selling art for wls is NOT the same as selling wls for money. You should know the difference between a small misdemeanor and a drug cartel. Apples and oranges. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    ^woah
    hey my name is starnox.
    I'm an artist, I take commissions if you want art. can take wls or paypal,,,,,
    I like boys.

I'm really baffled as to why this situation is getting out of hand.
    I'm not siding with any part of this, but I would like everyone to consider different sides of this issue.

I, myself, open commissions 50 WLs each, pay first basis to prevent scam issues, and a 1 month full refund if I don't make it in time or am unable to produce the artwork. Honestly I'd say that if people are vary of me (as an artist) attempting to scam, they shouldn't commission me (or any artists) and just draw their set(s) themselves. Art is also hardwork. Though, I am aware of actual scammers out there pretending to be 'artists' and providing fake or copied artwork or just simply running with the WLs. That's why I don't encourage the trade of art for WLs either, but my commissions are always open, just so people who genuinely like my art would have a chance to get their set(s) drawn at a decent fee. But of course, I value people having their items safe instead of getting them scammed over my own gain for WLs that I actually don't require. In conclusion, I'd say it'd be safest not to commission anyone and just wait for giveaways and such - or just commission someone you're friends with.

But here's the thing - Ubisoft has its explicit rules, stating the disapproval of selling Growtopia-related artworks (etc.) for real cash and in-game items. I do believe that rules have to be enforced, but the people in charge are not doing a very great job of it. The official Growtopia page features various artists for "Fanart of the Week" and as contest winners, when they're obviously selling artworks. No one is actually punished. But I am aware that the game wouldn't support earning in-game items through doing stuff outside the game, since that does defeat the purpose of the game, and players might lessen due to this.
    I believe that the rules have to be restated or rewritten.

On the opposing side, yes, selling Growtopia-related artworks shouldn't be illegal, since there are a huge amount of Growtopia-related pages on media site such as Instagram or Youtube. Why wouldn't people want to buy artworks of their Growtopia sets as their profile picture or such? It's a fair deal, considering you're still crediting Ubisoft and Growtopia for the character.

There is NO reason to be making a big deal out of this.
    I know some of you might think you're trying to help, but by doing this makes the situation worse instead.
    All the unneccessary drama could have been avoided, and opinions and facts should've been respected throughout the debates.
    There are better ways to solve this problem.

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Fa...d-content-GROW
    As I said. Ubi didn't place any restrictions on whether or not you can sell art for in game currency/real currency. But is a known FACT that you cannot but things outside of Growtopia for world locks. Taking this into consideration it is obvious that selling art for WLS is illegal as it is technically not a feature of the game.
    TL;DR Selling art for WLS is illegal.

You cannot sell derivative artworks made of copyrighted characters, and the only exception is if you have written permission from the copyright holder.
    Get Ubi permission and consent BEFORE you sell fan art for money. Selling fanart for WLS is illegal. End of discussion unless a mod comes and says selling fanart for WLS is ok which it shouldn't be.
    I aced the LSAT

If we have some rules what we need follow and some not, how on earth you think that kids know what they can do? My whole point is: Either start ban or REMOVE THAT RULE!
    Kids can't see difference in rules. If they learn that it is actually totally ok to break rules, then gt will die, cause all break rules, cause they doesn't know that there is rules what you can break and rules what you can't break. So Ubisoft, you need make actions! Remove this rule or start punish. Can't have rules what ppl can break without any consequences.

And if you wont remove it, then stop promoting ppl who break your own rules. In last art competition, one winner sell openly art for wls. So if that stays illegal, you should ban that player not give promotes and prizes /fp

If we have some rules what we need follow and some not, how on earth you think that kids know what they can do? My whole point is: Either start ban or REMOVE THAT RULE!
    Kids can't see difference in rules. If they learn that it is actually totally ok to break rules, then gt will die, cause all break rules, cause they doesn't know that there is rules what you can break and rules what you can't break. So Ubisoft, you need make actions! Remove this rule or start punish. Can't have rules what ppl can break without any consequences.

And if you wont remove it, then stop promoting ppl who break your own rules. In last art competition, one winner sell openly art for wls. So if that stays illegal, you should ban that player not give promotes and prizes /fp
    I know you didn't read my reply yet but you should. Unless Ubi states that Growtopia fanart can be sold for in game currency/real currency then it will never be allowed
    I aced the LSAT

Quote Originally Posted by Nanimator View Post
    its very hard to take you seriously and hard to agree with you when you try to prove your point with broken english
    Her point is valid-ish. Ubisoft will probably never ever allow the sale of fan art tho. That would be actively PROMOTING fraud.
    I aced the LSAT

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    Her point is valid-ish. Ubisoft will probably never ever allow the sale of fan art tho. That would be actively PROMOTING fraud.
    so selling art is fraud? since when?

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
    "he was convicted of fraud"

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
    "mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds"

so selling art is fraud? since when?
    I said it was PROMOTING fraud. Don't get into copyright law if you can't read properly. By ALLOWING people to sell fan art for wls/real money, sellers are indirectly encouraged to "scam" people. Most sellers are on Instagram and a large majority of the growtopian population is 9 yros. If you can't see the problem do not ever go to law school
    I aced the LSAT

its very hard to take you seriously and hard to agree with you when you try to prove your point with broken english
    You'll have to be considerate of people whose first/second language isn't English, and are unable to be fluent in this complex language. She does have her valid points, but causing drama this way sure is unneccessary.