Thread: Who is the vending hub for?

Default Who is the vending hub for?

Currently I don't see vending hubs as particularly useful to anyone.
    There's three main reasons as to why.

1. Upgrading to digivends is very expensive.
    Say you own a ssp / rsp / misc shop, that's easily a couple hundred x 4.000 gems plus all the vending hubs, which are a whopping 50k gems each.
    That's just an unneccessary expense which could be invested elsewhere.

2. Digivends act against shop owners desires:
    - Players will stay shorter durations in shops, which will attract less random visitors, might reduce spontaneous purchases and spawn less fossils.
    - Digivends tell the customer you're expensive.
    Now who would want to advertise that?
    - Purchasing large quantities from shops that have been optimised to fit the hub and not humans anymore might become less pleasant.
    - Vending machines and display blocks actively advertise merchandise. Vending hubs don't.

3. Digivends will likely require an adjusted design, since shops usually space related items in blocks, rather than full rows. I expect many people being too lazy to properly optimise the shops design.

Don't misunderstand me, the vending hub is really cool since in theory it opens many new ways for creative shop designs, but I don't understand who it is for since there's no practical use.

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

For point #2..

If having people stay in your world longer really has that much of an effect, why dont vend owners place water everywhere to slow people down? or place the vends far away? among other things.

I feel like I'm only hearing about this problem once this item has come out.
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

Check out my free BFG in CLARKBFG

Services

You can think of it as an optional upgrade. Those who don't see any of the benefits can still do thing the old fashioned way. It's fine if you wish not not adjust.

I plan to make the switch because I want things to be more convenient for my customers and I believe the new system does that. So it's worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    You can think of it as an optional upgrade. Those who don't see any of the benefits can still do thing the old fashioned way. It's fine if you wish not not adjust.

I plan to make the switch because I want things to be more convenient for my customers and I believe the new system does that. So it's worth the investment.
    Since people have adjusted to vending machines, I don't think the change to DigiVends will make much of a difference. The main reason is that the investment needed to make their customers is so high, I don't think it will become the norm any time soon. However, this change in design may spark the interest of some customers appreciating the fact that you saved some of their time, but I don't think this will be worth it compared to the benefits of stalling their time such as fossils, comet dusts (and any other event drops), as well as being higher up on the recommended page of the exit screen.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    For point #2..

If having people stay in your world longer really has that much of an effect, why dont vend owners place water everywhere to slow people down? or place the vends far away? among other things.

I feel like I'm only hearing about this problem once this item has come out.
    You may not have taken special note of it, but I doubt you've never met a shop using one of the following:
    - Portals with water before you can enter (more common with popular buy+)
    - Glue behind vending machines
    - Minigames like parkour in a shop
    - Possibly relevant Vends being visible from spawn but still requiring you to walk around
    - Public Wrenchables

It's not a problem, it's a strategy that informed people may use.

Smart Brain move: place a growscan and drop 1 of each item you're selling next to it so people can search for an item and find where it is. idk if this is useful tho
    Retired poster

Random stuff in GOLA

1. Pros

2. easily to restock vend without moving

3. Pros
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them