Thread: My honest opinion on the update

Default My honest opinion on the update

1. It doesn't match the hype of other monthly updates. The concept is nice but kind of underwhelming, to be honest. It just makes the overall shopping experience more convenient and saves a bit of time only if the vending machine owner wants to invest 4,000 gems per vending machine to make the upgrade. On top of everything you also need to spend a whopping 50,000 gems to get a "checkout counter" that only works with vends that makes a + shape with it and the checkout counter being the intersection. I think that the checkout counter should be similar to the growscan and be able to detect and use every single DigiVend machine in the whole world. Since this will obviously create lag/delay/time required to scan the whole world for every DigiVend, this could be a nice move to increase server speed, optimizing the code, and making the overall Growtopia experience less laggy.

2. Scams. It solves and creates scams at the same time. How a scamming scheme could occur is if let's say they have 2 DigiVends, one at the extreme far-right and another one away from that one. As a result, the owner can use the checkout counter and change the price of the far-right one to the reasonable and correct price while the other remains the price used to bait people into spending massive amounts of locks for a cheap item. On the contrary, with the introduction to the comparison of the difference between the item being sold and the market value, it also will stop some scams if people are vigilant and read it carefully.

3. Too expensive. The average SSP vend shop has around 140 vending machines. The upgrade (for all of them) will cost 560,000 gems along with another 50,000 for the checkout counter. And the result? Ugly vends spit out in a straight line. Disgusting. No more creativity with how the vends are to be placed. Because of how it is designed, the current vending machine world designs will become useless.

4. No big incentive for vending machine owners to make the change. Due to the limitations stated above, the reasons why one should make their vending machines go Digital is too much of a hassle. On top of that, it also limits their profits. First of all, less time spent in the world means that the chance of fossils to spawn in their rocks declines significantly. Second of all, the more people that are in the world the more it stands out for people who are surfing worlds in the EXIT menu, attracting customers, which in turn creates more sales and fossils to spawn.

5. Normal people don't care a whole lot. Everyone has gotten used to the old way of searching for items and jumping around the vending machine worlds, trying to find what they're looking for. Due to the points listed above, it'll take an extremely long time before people start upgrading all their worlds and for DigiVends to become the norm. However, I have personally not seen a big vending shop upgraded to DigiVends yet so I will edit this when I get the chance to add on to this point.

6. There should be a confirmation for upgrading vending machines. I accidentally upgraded one (oops) and I thought it would be nice if there was a confirmation screen so that people won't accidentally spend 4,000 gems. This should be an option in the options menu so that when people want to upgrade their 93287492 vending machine world they won't take forever to do so.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the gems that are being flushed out the economy is actually much needed. Since the price per gems/wl is roughly 1400? and it's still going up, this new feature might actually help a tiny bit. Once the price of gems reaches 2,000/wl, we're screwed.
    Last edited by SmartWaffle; 01-03-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

I wish there was more to this update, we got overhyped
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    i like dragons they're cool

Lesser Wizard

And we have some bugs in DigiVend and VendingHub Counter, u will know when u watch MrSongo and BenBarrage new video about new vend.

I whole-heartedly agree with this post but let's face it, it could've been a whole lot worse.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree with this post but let's face it, it could've been a whole lot worse.
    On the contrary, it could’ve been a whole lot better.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

Squire

No 🧢 this update was extremly forced and unnessecary. I don't see any valid reason that this came through.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    On the contrary, it could’ve been a whole lot better.
    Tru tru. U right

Click for bad videos...

I have a design idea, maybe a vending hub at the bottom row, display block row on top of the vending hubs so people can see whats being sold (example, ssp pack for ssp seeds) then lines of digivends vertically for.

maybe also items dropped on the top of the worlds of the items being sold and a growscan so you can find vending hub that sells the item you want

^ very expensive design though around 94dls
    Last edited by Jedaki; 01-03-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Retired poster

Banned

This update was a feature update and was needed, maybe not the way they did it, but it's a great addition to the game.
    And don't forget there's still anniversary coming!

Quote Originally Posted by ColderMan View Post
    This update was a feature update and was needed, maybe not the way they did it, but it's a great addition to the game.
    And don't forget there's still anniversary coming!
    If you think about it, was it REEEAAALLLYYY needed thoe. The only probable feature was maybe the percentages but you still need to pay to even see those.

Click for bad videos...

Ye overhyped for something that was good but disappointing sry.

diggivend? It’s basically useless for a regular top ion. Unless you have more gems to spend
    on for the counter
    manage your ssp easier lol

you basically need 2x vends because digi cost 4K to upgrade

just stick with the old fashion way of refilling it’s much cheaper and not efficient

good for both sides as you are able to buy quicker and restock quickly but many bugs

store wars literally meaning you should sell your items cheaper because that’s how much ubisoft tells us to sell it.

(Price not certain but okay) example
    like you go to buycosmic and want a cosmic cape but no ones sells it
    you check vend which is 120wls and it’s red (you need to pay money to see the percentages which it doesn’t even matter)

You say oh shucks I remember it is store wars it is red but where do I go to find a vend that is yellow or green that sells cheaper cosmic cape?
    NONE LOL you have to buy it there because there is no war in a buy world place just buy it for red, no one is going to sell cheaper as there is no way to find a cheaper vend as you would have to waste time to look for one. Might as well buy it there

it is bad update in a certain way
    not a way to buy a item a cheaper way but to doubt yourself about buying a item and have tons of regret because it in yellow as it would make you waste more time to find a vend that is green.
    It would also make you think buying green color price items is good.
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them