Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: selling arts

I think it is important to adress that this issue about art for wls has started some intresting things on instagram as well

We currently have members you are telling artists on instagram that what they are doing (taking commissions for wls) is illegal and when the artists defend themselfs thay are called out for acting "toxic". I think that this type of harasment has hurt a lot of artist on instagram even if it was meant as a warning but it isnt their job to go after the artists and tell them to stop, it is the mods.

I think that noone should be taking wls as a payment for commissions sinse that is undervaluing their art. But it is a really nice thing to do since it gives new artists a lot of experience with commissions.
    This, this is a Thing

Instagram | Twitch | Discord Server

Hey, yeah it’s illegal but to be honest I don’t see any problem of selling arts even tho it’s illegal so guys don’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solory.GT View Post
    Hey, yeah it’s illegal but to be honest I don’t see any problem of selling arts even tho it’s illegal so guys don’t do it.
    The main problem with selling art for wls is that you are trading the wls for some sort of real world currency which would make it attractive to try and steal accounts to turn it into something "real" or even money
    This, this is a Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Kaths View Post
    i saw someone on ig (the name is cumbergt) he is pretty famous for his arts and a lot of ppl buy it. But since you said it's illegal why didn't he get banned?
    singling out is against the rules on the forums :P
    -
    Just don't sell art lmao.
    -
    Sell it for real money. So if people sell art for money they can actually scam money instead of wls! wow! -.- don't sell art.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    COFFEE & WOOL at 7HDU 200/wl

Quote Originally Posted by Scawt View Post
    Here ya go

Credit to QueenChloe

Attachment 229685
    Here's a link to the actual post and thread.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4004745

From now, we have to wait official statement... for a long time...

Actually, its grey area. But if they try to scamming, which is illegal.

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Finally someone mentioned about this
    Quote Originally Posted by xMera View Post
    You're just following your girlfriend on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrolava9 View Post
    From now, we have to wait official statement... for a long time...

Actually, its grey area. But if they try to scamming, which is illegal.
    It has been grey area only cause mods has done 0 things to art sellers. But i think we have rule that you can't sell in game stuff or out game stuff and that you can't sell out game stuff for in game stuff. And we all know that if art is out game it is out game stuff correct? And if wls are in game they are in game stuff correct? so trading art (what was out game stuff) for wls( what was in game stuff) is same as selling out game stuff for in game stuff. So in current rules, this is illegal and we need see action! Either remove rule or start share ban hammer hits. I have some names what i can report if rule stays.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Lesser Wizard

Just search up "Selling fan artwork" on Google and you will see. 🙄

Strictly speaking it is copyright infringement.

When people say we need an official answer but there is one in the Fan Creations Subforum:

Quote Originally Posted by Elbin View Post
    This has been posted before but we still get asked this at support quite often:

Q: Can I trade my artwork/videos for WL/DL?

A: No, you can’t. While not a serious as selling game items for cash it is still not allowed to trade in game items for anything outside the game. While it would be cool to allow players to trade videos and art for game items there are players that would use this as a cover for selling game items for cash, which is illegal in some countries, which is one of the main reasons it is illegal in Growtopia.
    People say its old but that doesn't mean its not a rule. If it was change, it wouldn't be a sticky thread
    Retired poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    When people say we need an official answer but there is one in the Fan Creations Subforum:

People say its old but that doesn't mean its not a rule. If it was change, it wouldn't be a sticky thread
    Yes but this caused this huge drama/fight. Art community says that i ruined their life and i have no rights to post any info about this rule, cause they lose customers. Then came funnier part of this drama. Former mod gave good inside tip for art sellers, that they can sell actually art, cause he haven't ever saw that anyone would got banned by selling art. this caused that art community attacked me even more and they say that i am a B cause i post like that and i am a hater and jealous cause i wanted show this rule for community. So, we are now in state where art community has got green light for art selling from former mod and they all hate me, cause i stole their customers and they are victims of evil B QueenChloe. So yeah, it is a big mess. And all art ppl refuses follow this rulke, cause former mod said it is safe to break openly this rule.

so we need now that they either remove this rule or they start ban those ppl. And like i said, i have list of art sellers id's so if they want start ban, i will report some names.

If they wont do anything, then whole community basically learnt that it is totally ok to break rules and even ex mod has confirmed that its ok. And i hate what this teach to kids. When they learn play by the rules if they see that there is no reason? You can break rules, you can do it in public and no one can stop u.

And for somehow, this rule is rn totally my fault. So pls ubi, clear my name, i did not make this rule fp
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Yes but this caused this huge drama/fight. Art community says that i ruined their life and i have no rights to post any info about this rule, cause they lose customers. Then came funnier part of this drama. Former mod gave good inside tip for art sellers, that they can sell actually art, cause he haven't ever saw that anyone would got banned by selling art. this caused that art community attacked me even more and they say that i am a B cause i post like that and i am a hater and jealous cause i wanted show this rule for community. So, we are now in state where art community has got green light for art selling from former mod and they all hate me, cause i stole their customers and they are victims of evil B QueenChloe. So yeah, it is a big mess. And all art ppl refuses follow this rulke, cause former mod said it is safe to break openly this rule.

so we need now that they either remove this rule or they start ban those ppl. And like i said, i have list of art sellers id's so if they want start ban, i will report some names.

If they wont do anything, then whole community basically learnt that it is totally ok to break rules and even ex mod has confirmed that its ok. And i hate what this teach to kids. When they learn play by the rules if they see that there is no reason? You can break rules, you can do it in public and no one can stop u.

And for somehow, this rule is rn totally my fault. So pls ubi, clear my name, i did not make this rule fp
    Why are you moderating them/hackers in the first place, telling them once that it's illegal, I can understand, but when you try moderating them yourself, and taking every immature reply personally, and creating huge unnecessary drama, that I can not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post

I have been following the drama quite closely and talked to some of my friends and some gt artists. The main reason to why you are in hot water right now is because you have been acting like a mod and have been seeking out artists to tell them what they are doing is illegal. When artists have defended themself you have called them toxic in posts and now even more than before are mad. I dont think that the main problem is that you are saying that it is illegal it is the fact that you are seeking them out and taking actions into your own hands. The rule doesnt exist to ban astist and commissioners, it is there to make sure that people dont turn wls into real currency and make phishing less atractive.

I truly am sorry for all the hate you have recived but you have kinda brought most of this onto yourself since you were the one actively contacting the artists. I hope that both sides can learn from this drama and move on.
    This, this is a Thing