Thread: Are there plans to update the way the price checker works?

Master Sorcerer

Default Are there plans to update the way the price checker works?

It’s a huge joke in its current state. Took me less than 24 hours to find most of the stuff about it.

I shall not give too much information on how to abuse it but...
    Brute force. There some pretty obvious ratios too...

Anyway... I don’t plan to do anything with the ratios. They are kept between me and someone else. (He does not even know all the numbers tbh only some)

Will there be an update on preventing false and clearly manipulative trades? (Whew nearly said a way to do so)

Updates like some come with drawbacks and for such a game I know this update was not worth the risk. There are better ways to make the community more involved with the economy directly, but with more exposure from areas GT hasn’t been to yet.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Gone.

Well,the price check was just an added feature to possibly give some insight on pricing. It doesn't mean its perfect, though nor does it say thats the real price. Given all the current issues in the game, I'd say this is a lesser issue that seems to require a lot of work to actually fix. Due to this, it's fine the way it is now.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Well,the price check was just an added feature to possibly give some insight on pricing. It doesn't mean its perfect, though nor does it say thats the real price. Given all the current issues in the game, I'd say this is a lesser issue that seems to require a lot of work to actually fix. Due to this, it's fine the way it is now.
    It's indeed not a game breaking bug, it's just an annoyance that I can see in literally every trade.

Gone.

they could make it so that the price check data based on trades/vendings would only record the price logs once per single player for each item in the game, that way it'll be useless to constantly trade using 2 alt accounts or buy an item from the same vend again and again, and after a few days for the price checking to collect enough data, the number of real trades between players should be outnumbering the fake trades with alt accounts, thus giving a more reasonable price checker.
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

Quote Originally Posted by astinotrix View Post
    they could make it so that the price check data based on trades/vendings would only record the price logs once per single player for each item in the game, that way it'll be useless to constantly trade using 2 alt accounts or buy an item from the same vend again and again, and after a few days for the price checking to collect enough data, the number of real trades between players should be outnumbering the fake trades with alt accounts, thus giving a more reasonable price checker.
    +1 for this suggestion

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Just wait 1 month and collect the result, is it work or nope before change the update again

Hello

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by astinotrix View Post
    I thought they already had that in place when the store update came out, with a cooldown till the next trade between the same 2 players are logged again.

That was somehow neglected.

Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHeeBee View Post
    I thought they already had that in place when the store update came out, with a cooldown till the next trade between the same 2 players are logged again.

That was somehow neglected.
    i saw one of ubi mods say they dont want to reveal how the price checking works in order to prevent manipulative trades, so i hope they though of something smart enough to counter the methods of abusing it
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

Honestly, (not trying to start random mix-ups)

But what did you expect to happen when an update added a price checker that was determined off trades.....
    lazers≠explosions

MrTorgue