Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Host Nomination

Default Host Nomination

Forum Meetup Host

Greetings everyone, every person has different personalities, ideas, imagination, concepts, and approach in certain things.

Today we will tackle about two agendas, please state your opinion why'd you like or not about the changes

First Agenda:
    Should we have different host every month?

Second Agenda:
    Please comment down those who wanted and capable of hosting the meetup.
    As the owner of the thread, i'm automatically excluded.

Volunteers
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -

After all volunteers commented down, a poll will be created. The thread will last on January 22, 2020.
    Last edited by BverX; 01-05-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: The contents were updated

Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Meetup Host

Greetings everyone, every person has different personalities, ideas, imagination, concepts, and approach in certain things.

Today we will tackle about two agendas, while nominating/voting please state your opinion why'd you choose that specific person/changes.

First Agenda:
    Should we have nominations every month for the host?

Second Agenda:
    Please nominate five (5) forumers who'd you wanted and capable of hosting the meetup.
    As the owner of the thread, please exclude me from the nominations.

Ideal Host
    • Understanding
    • Open-minded and must have a long patience
    • Approachable
    • Wide imagination for concepts
    • Atleast knows the basic rules of a meetup
    • Hospitable and must know to manage their time.

Nominees- Vote Count
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -

After the nomination, a poll will be created. The nomination will last on January 22, 2020.
    ngl this is stupid (not the answers to the agendas)
    1) why do we nominate people when in fact anyone can practically host a meetup themselves
    2) there's no official official here

and ok let's say there's a host that ppl nominated and i hosted a meetup
    wat would happen to me

answers to the agendas
    1) no nominations should be done
    2) viju
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

QueenChloe or Winwood or HugeLock

They are all very reliable and trusted people who would never lie, they are the ideal hosts, that's why I nominate them!

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    ngl this is stupid (not the answers to the agendas)
    1) why do we nominate people when in fact anyone can practically host a meetup themselves
    2) there's no official official here

and ok let's say there's a host that ppl nominated and i hosted a meetup
    wat would happen to me

answers to the agendas
    1) no nominations should be done
    2) viju
    Sorry, I wasn't specific. I was referring to the Monthly meetup, also the (nomination thing) if they suit or capable of hosting the monthly meetup. You've got a point also, I had to admit that and I respect it.
    Last edited by BverX; 01-05-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Updated Jimz reply

This thread caught to my attention.

During the 2014-2015, meetups where hosted - yes; but not to the point that there were people challenging each other wHO MadE THe BeSt MeEtUp. every meetup was different which made it fun - including but not limited to, lock worlds, building contests and so on. More so, it certainly was not forced, whoever wants to host a meetup will host a meetup. I don't know how meetups became mandatory, they're literally getting so old because it feels forced. These nominations will just hurt other people's feelings - making them feel like they're useless.

TL;DR: Let people who wants to host, host. Fights for who has the better meetups is absurd. These nomination threads may hurt other people. Don't make meetups forced.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

Quote Originally Posted by Viju View Post
    This thread caught to my attention.

During the 2014-2015, meetups where hosted - yes; but not to the point that there were people challenging each other wHO MadE THe BeSt MeEtUp. every meetup was different which made it fun - including but not limited to, lock worlds, building contests and so on. More so, it certainly was not forced, whoever wants to host a meetup will host a meetup. I don't know how meetups became mandatory, they're literally getting so old because it feels forced. These nominations will just hurt other people's feelings - making them feel like they're useless.

TL;DR: Let people who wants to host, host. Fights for who has the better meetups is absurd. These nomination threads may hurt other people. Don't make meetups forced.
    Gotcha, 2 counts now. I'm going to tweak some things up.

I want to know what these meetups are, and what they are for.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    I want to know what these meetups are, and what they are for.
    Way back then, forum meetups served as a get-together with various activities. For e.g. a small locked world only then the rest is history, spleefs inside, quizzes, puzzles, a certain topic to discuss with, and many more. It is a day setted to meet those who were chatting on forums but haven't meet each other yet in-game.

To mention a few more characteristics of the past forum meetups, by the end of the day they've known each other. Maybe one to three players was out of placed but still they've known each other. No one feels left out way back then, they were all getting along as one.

Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Way back then, forum meetups served as a get-together with various activities. For e.g. a small locked world only then the rest is history, spleefs inside, quizzes, puzzles, a certain topic to discuss with, and many more. It is a day setted to meet those who were chatting on forums but haven't meet each other yet in-game.
    Oh, so you are talking about Forum Meetups.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Oh, so you are talking about Forum Meetups.
    Monthly Forum Meetups

im not a experienced forumer, but people can host it if they want, but its up to people attending it what will happen,
    Just a weird forumer

~Insert more non-sense content here~

Discord: Felixcesar15#8880

Join forumers united

I'm slightly off topic here, but I have a similar view with viju.

I feel the irregularity of the past forum meetups made it more enjoyable. Having a monthly meetup made it into something common, which took out the sparkle of meeting your fellow forumers for special occasions. I really dislike all these monthly meetups, and I honestly think there should only be some huge meetups hosted on special occasions like the end or beginning of the year. After chem made it into a monthly affair, it became a power struggle between who could take over and host a better meetup, where in my opinion, its all to consolidate some sort of forum reputation and to become popular. In the end, the forums seemed to become polarised into a few sects, where several sects may quite possibly engage in raiding meetups and finding faults about it. I rarely attend these meetups, but that's just me being cynical.

Anyway, for more relevance about this topic, why are we nominating people to host an "official" monthly meetup? The people nominated may not even want any part to do with this. This "official hoster" is also unable to control the thoughts of others planning to host meetups, nor are they able to stop others from hosting their own meetups. Furthermore, if you do wish for an official hoster to be elected each month, does this mean you plan to set up a committee to host these elections each month?

I understand that you may want some cohesiveness in a monthly forum meetup, while setting aside my dislike of this monthly uneventful event, however, the only two parties struggling to gather more supporters for their meetups and causing this mess would be Forumer's United by Toby and Forumer's Base. I daresay that you two should resolve this by yourself, and try collaboration to ensure a system is held.

I personally feel that this thread, calling forumers to try and fix this conflict between two spheres of influence, is unecessary and just dragging people into a mess. Eventually, supporters from both sides will each respectively vote for their own leaders, and this thread will lose its meaning as it turns into a battle of who can muster more supporters.
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726