Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Verification badges

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    618

    Lightbulb Verification badges

    Please keep in mind that this is just a random thought that I’d like to ask for opinions about.

    So I was just scrolling through social medias and looking at a couple pages with verification badges, and then I thought of it being implemented into Growtopia, sounds cool, no?

    Basically a verification badge is an icon that is given to certain people to validate their authenticity, if you will - it’s an icon that lets people know that whoever this person may be is the real deal.

    Now think about this, the “i” and “L” similarity has been going for a very long time, they made a fix for this by slightly tweaking the alphabets but there are still people out there impersonating others.

    Essentially verification badges are only given to well known people across the world, but since the community within the game is smaller, it shouldn’t be hard to give the badge to players.

    With that said, there are also cons that will come with it - mainly the trust people give to those with the icons, or maybe even worst than that.

    Again, it’s just a random thought and I’d appreciate an open-minded discussion on this! Thank you for reading
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Discord: Winwood#3315
    IG: Winwoodgt
    IGN: Winwood

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer BoxeyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    It sounds great. It should be implemented to the game, just to make sure there are no such things as impersonators. Just a big ol' check symbol beside the flag could be nice ngl.

    The badges should be given to the YouTubers, Twitch Streamers, Instagram Influencers or even well known people throughout the game. Or alternatively, the content creators should have their own special "Content Creator Badge" to make sure its them. Probably it should be the same if they make an alt account. I guess
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

    About Me :
    - Tall Boi
    - Professional Candy Crusher
    - Completely Straight
    - Funky Hair
    - Never Got Featured On YIAY
    - Jetpack Joyrider
    - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
    - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic
    - Your Best друг

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard TwiztXTNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winwood View Post
    Please keep in mind that this is just a random thought that I’d like to ask for opinions about.

    So I was just scrolling through social medias and looking at a couple pages with verification badges, and then I thought of it being implemented into Growtopia, sounds cool, no?

    Basically a verification badge is an icon that is given to certain people to validate their authenticity, if you will - it’s an icon that lets people know that whoever this person may be is the real deal.

    Now think about this, the “i” and “L” similarity has been going for a very long time, they made a fix for this by slightly tweaking the alphabets but there are still people out there impersonating others.

    Essentially verification badges are only given to well known people across the world, but since the community within the game is smaller, it shouldn’t be hard to give the badge to players.

    With that said, there are also cons that will come with it - mainly the trust people give to those with the icons, or maybe even worst than that.

    Again, it’s just a random thought and I’d appreciate an open-minded discussion on this! Thank you for reading
    Good idea!
    Lul

  4. #4
    Knight !fongnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    In my little bunny burrow
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Sure would be a shame if a content creator changed their name to impersonate another content creator
    I like the ‘!’ in my name because it makes me truely the first on the online forumer list.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostFloofy View Post
    Blah blah photos

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    But why try to fix something that isn't/has never been any problem to anybody?

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    But why try to fix something that isn't/has never been any problem to anybody?
    it has been. There are people who copy names off famous people (such as, let’s say AmniGuela), who are scammers.
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916


    Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

    current active world: powfartsv2

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer RandomGrowtopiaChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Chickens Starship
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobified View Post
    it has been. There are people who copy names off famous people (such as, let’s say AmniGuela), who are scammers.
    but why should you even trust influencers in the first place? Do you really think if you let them hold your 2 hard-earned DLs or let them try an item will make you a better person?
    Also, there are some youtubers/instagrammers that sell their accounts and constantly get hacked, so giving out a badge wouldnt change anything.

    NO is the answer and i see no reason for this to be implemented


    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    But why try to fix something that isn't/has never been any problem to anybody?
    exactly .

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer NotSeedTopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    East Pole
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    imo this shouldn't be implemented as they can use it to claim that "ubisoft approves of them and they can do whatever they want"
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

    ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    but why should you even trust influencers in the first place? Do you really think if you let them hold your 2 hard-earned DLs or let them try an item will make you a better person?
    Also, there are some youtubers/instagrammers that sell their accounts and constantly get hacked, so giving out a badge wouldnt change anything.

    NO is the answer and i see no reason for this to be implemented

    exactly .
    good point, I hadn’t really thought of that. I’m not saying that I did those things or would do those things tho. Some people maybe would, idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    imo this shouldn't be implemented as they can use it to claim that "ubisoft approves of them and they can do whatever they want"
    yea, but that’s not really what this suggestion is for. Sure, it could happen, but Winwood is saying that it’s a badge, like a little check mark next to their name to imply they are the real person.
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916


    Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

    current active world: powfartsv2

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer GEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Imo... not really necessary for famous ppl/influencers.

    How much ppl are impersonating them anyways and how many dumb ppl actually believe that the fake ones are real and willing to do anything and do whatever it tell you to do?

    And... myself, i dont trust some famous ppl getting their badge, they might use it for overpride(some, ok) or uh... abuse it in other ways. And people might start to race to get the badge (because its what gt ppl do).

    UNLESS they are really a pro influencer and even verified on their social media platforms.
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

    Discord: GENSEAF#1544
    Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
    I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC



  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    830

    Default

    imo, would be a boost for middleman services

    i mean, verification badges would be like the seal of trust basically, since probably most of the verified ones would be more or less famous influencers.

    i like, +1


    growsdfmovie - june 2020

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    I want this. I met OneJing in a dice game once. Didnt know he was a growtuber lmaoooo

    Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet


    My english is deteriotiating :[

    Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •