Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27

Thread: The Community Hub..

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,157

    Default The Community Hub..

    It's been 9 months and the Community Hub has been practically ignored by players over the months. It was something they aren't interested to look at but instead it becomes a waste of time to them. It's just like a hub with images that came from actual records that can be seen at /top, except for the Featured Creators, Featured Worlds and the Growtopia Official Channel.

    Hear me out with this one, The Featured Creators may have seen exciting at first but in reality, it's just you displayed them for something to display. The content creator blocks may have been controversial but you should also know that these creators deserve something else, something that players would say Oh, Ubisoft actually do care for these creators!, not something like giving them an exclusive item or a free channel promotion in your hub then nothing's really going to happen at well, like you don't really seem to notice them at all halfway through the months. There should be a Ubisoft-creators connection between the two.

    I also have found it unfair that the World Builders are getting more attention and notice than us video creators who actually produce content for this game. Are you planning to provide basic resources for us? Of course not, obviously. There should be equal and balanced attention, notice and resources to all types of creators. World builders are not only the creators of Growtopia and maybe not even much of the players visit the top rated worlds nor the overall rated worlds. Did you just put those to set something in the Community Hub? Featured worlds but no Featured videos? We already have the Video Of The Week, so shut up! We also have the World Of The Day, please keep that in mind.

    It just seems like you showcase worlds over video creators and the videos itself. The community hub has 5 tabs for worlds and 2 tabs for Growtopia-related videos only. Also, where the hell is the VOTW tab?! You have the WOTD tab there but not the VOTW tab? Come on. You don't have to put tabs that people don't really visit especially TOP RATED WORLDS because most of the worlds are scam worlds.. especially the Games Category.

    Even though you apply all of these suggestions to the tab, it won't get recognized by players. Why? Because not even everyone knows about it! When the hub was first released, we were like.. how to access the god damn community hub? Imagine those OG players coming back and not even knowing what these hub means. The community hub would be recognized if it were displayed in the World Selection Menu or if it was an actual hub in the world "START". Having just a button which opens a hub totally won't be noticed unless IT WAS BENEFICIAL AND USEFUL FOR THE PLAYERS like they would get rewards (well, if that was implemented also.. they'd just go for the rewards and not the content that's there).

    Please.. this 2020, split your attention to every aspect of the game! Every issue and problem must be a priority. One left unfixed stays unfixed. One stays unbalanced stays unbalanced. Don't just make one priority stay on something that the community is shouting continuously, make all PROBLEMS a priority and FOCUS on them all. I understand that you are also humans that can't do everything at once, but as game developers, we'd also want a game grow the way we want to. Focus at something then focus at another one, don't be stuck focusing one thing forever.

    Please fix the Community Hub that it would be more recognizable for all of us creators.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Ye, like who goes there anymore? Maybe it’s kinda foolish to be rotating a certain amount of people at once, like what’s the point? (There aren’t many creators.) Maybe the community hub could be a feature for videos/pictures/streams that gives a good interpretation of what the game Growtopia really is (could include guides, cartoons, showcase, games, etc.), it doesn’t need to be limited. Ok, Let’s face it, not all creators create absolute spot on content... That’s why I’m suggesting to feature videos/pictures based on the different social media sources.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Ye, like who goes there anymore? Maybe it’s kinda foolish to be rotating a certain amount of people at once, like what’s the point? (There aren’t many creators.) Maybe the community hub could be a feature for videos/pictures/streams that gives a good interpretation of what the game Growtopia really is (could include guides, cartoons, showcase, games, etc.), it doesn’t need to be limited. Ok, Let’s face it, not all creators create absolute spot on content... That’s why I’m suggesting to feature videos/pictures based on the different social media sources.
    However, even the creator is "worthy" to be featured or not, even if they host giveaways or not, the creator deserves respect and honor. I can't completely agree with the people who kind of went against the first batch because even if they have the most subs, I do personally think that they still got their viewers through giveaway which there's a possibility that these viewers actually watch their videos and not just comment their IGN and world. Still depends though, but there are still loyal fans who are committed to those youtubers so I don't think it's a problem. They still got the audience's attention.

    Even if they add other platforms which is a "BIG BIG YES", I don't think they'll still get recognized due to the tab being just a waste of time to these players. It was kind of exciting to have Youtubers being featured but not the way they're being rotated, maybe because so that the tab won't be overloaded with youtubers? Psh. That's why make a new GUI, a new kind of tab that every youtuber being there won't be a problem. The point was to support them but I didn't really find that "supporting creators" from Ubisoft and they still moved on to other issues.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Bumperinos..

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    These are the benefits and support you’ll get as being a featured content creator:
    Name:  7F98980A-15C1-4062-B5A0-884ED764F3D0.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  44.8 KB
    Name:  A48CB350-E596-4C4E-BD15-C75BB517D84C.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  32.7 KB

    In my opinion, it’s not a necessary ( to rush into right now ) step to update/promote the community hub even further. Yes an update to the community hub would be pleasant, but it should be minimal ( like adding a new tab ). If they were to adde a token of appreciation to a content creator, it should be something untradeable ( not something you can sell like content creator blocks ).

    As you know, Ubisoft has tried to support content creators even further by giving them content creator blocks to give away ( not keep ). This was probably made with the purest intentions but it brought in fake fans, drama, etc.



    Ubisoft has honestly supported Growtopian content creators as they are still keeping the community hub ( I don’t really see why they’d even remove it ). Content creators of the community hub has been given opportunities to grow, Ubisoft already supported them a platform. It all depends on those content creators whether they’d do their best to give out quality videos that actually is entertaining in the eyes of the public.

    From what I can see in this thread, you state that you don’t seem to notice the support from Ubisoft. Yes, they could do better, but I must say that a link to your content area is already great.

    The most needed update for the community hub or anything regarding the community hub, would be to advertise it through the news like WOTD/VOTW. Also, maybe new tabs about other things. ( exclusive items can be added too because why not? but is should be untradeable )
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    They should focus on adding depth to older mechanics instead of introducing completely redundant updates that are forgotten within a month, by both the developers and the players. Let's be honest: when is the last time you cooked something? Or visited WOLFWORLD? Or had a pet battle? Or used literally any item from the "Gross-Out" update?

    Signature v9.2


    Art by Intensifies (thank you!)
    https://i.postimg.cc/NjzM0nBP/20200311-223919.png
    Previous sigpic by Parpul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    They should focus on adding depth to older mechanics instead of introducing completely redundant updates that are forgotten within a month, by both the developers and the players. Let's be honest: when is the last time you cooked something? Or visited WOLFWORLD? Or had a pet battle? Or used literally any item from the "Gross-Out" update?
    Rebalances for older updates are worse than new updates. They already rebalanced a lot of feature but nothing changed(Pandemic, root and a lot more), they are still dead.

    Roots rebalanced last month and really a lot of forumer asked for it in the past few months. But nobody talked about it when they apply this good rebalance to the game, nothing changed, it's still dead(roots are actually better than farming right now but resurrecting a dead thing is more difficult than you think).
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    They should focus on adding depth to older mechanics instead of introducing completely redundant updates that are forgotten within a month, by both the developers and the players. Let's be honest: when is the last time you cooked something? Or visited WOLFWORLD? Or had a pet battle? Or used literally any item from the "Gross-Out" update?
    Just because you don't do something, doesn't mean others don't do it too

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    These are the benefits and support you’ll get as being a featured content creator:
    Name:  7F98980A-15C1-4062-B5A0-884ED764F3D0.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  44.8 KB
    Name:  A48CB350-E596-4C4E-BD15-C75BB517D84C.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  32.7 KB

    In my opinion, it’s not a necessary ( to rush into right now ) step to update/promote the community hub even further. Yes an update to the community hub would be pleasant, but it should be minimal ( like adding a new tab ). If they were to adde a token of appreciation to a content creator, it should be something untradeable ( not something you can sell like content creator blocks ).

    As you know, Ubisoft has tried to support content creators even further by giving them content creator blocks to give away ( not keep ). This was probably made with the purest intentions but it brought in fake fans, drama, etc.



    Ubisoft has honestly supported Growtopian content creators as they are still keeping the community hub ( I don’t really see why they’d even remove it ). Content creators of the community hub has been given opportunities to grow, Ubisoft already supported them a platform. It all depends on those content creators whether they’d do their best to give out quality videos that actually is entertaining in the eyes of the public.

    From what I can see in this thread, you state that you don’t seem to notice the support from Ubisoft. Yes, they could do better, but I must say that a link to your content area is already great.

    The most needed update for the community hub or anything regarding the community hub, would be to advertise it through the news like WOTD/VOTW. Also, maybe new tabs about other things. ( exclusive items can be added too because why not? but is should be untradeable )
    There are definitely no benefits other than being displayed, I am aware of that, however it just seems like they just displayed you there but there's really nothing much that'll happen. You won't get noticed from the community hub neither. The links? Always outdated. They aren't also sticking with their 2 months new batch of creators, they keep forgetting it. They should improve on the community hub.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    They should focus on adding depth to older mechanics instead of introducing completely redundant updates that are forgotten within a month, by both the developers and the players. Let's be honest: when is the last time you cooked something? Or visited WOLFWORLD? Or had a pet battle? Or used literally any item from the "Gross-Out" update?
    Agreed! Aside from rebalances, it needs an update!

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Place Far Away Manila
    Posts
    2,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    There are definitely no benefits other than being displayed, I am aware of that, however it just seems like they just displayed you there but there's really nothing much that'll happen. You won't get noticed from the community hub neither. The links? Always outdated. They aren't also sticking with their 2 months new batch of creators, they keep forgetting it. They should improve on the community hub.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Agreed! Aside from rebalances, it needs an update!
    Yea practical the WOTD list. Since you click on that all u can see is Next and Back. Nice video btw and c'mon I wasnt invited
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell CHEAP STUFF MY GAD IN OQ60

    BUY TONS OF BOUNTIFUL PACK 2/1 LEAVE MSG IN OQ60

    Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

    IOTMGO I BE BACK FOR YOU

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    Yea practical the WOTD list. Since you click on that all u can see is Next and Back. Nice video btw and c'mon I wasnt invited
    We made a post including the discord link for those who wanna join

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,157

    Default Please have the Community Hub like it exists Ubisoft!

    It looks like you guys have totally forgotten about the Community Hub.

    1) The official youtube channel regarding Growtorials, there's no video about Roots.

    2) The content creator cycle, you guys never sticked to it. Stop letting NekoRei do this by her own, the other community managers should help her.

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei / Content Creator FAQ Thread View Post
    We will be choosing the new pool of creators every 2 months, but if someone does really well, they can be on the roster a few times in a row!
    3) WinterMDW suspended, but you haven't removed him from the cycle.

    Issues with the Community Hub:

    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei / Content Creator FAQ Thread View Post
    The Community Hub is a place where we’ll highlight the very best content made by our players! This is for those who create – and enjoy! – high-quality content of all kinds, whether it’s a cool story world, tricky parkour challenge, YouTube video, or even an [I]Instagram post.
    Where's the Youtube videos and Instagram posts in the Community Hub? You never placed them there. You just featured a bunch of social media influencers.

    2)
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei / Content Creator FAQ Thread View Post
    - We removed the tier and categories for content creators. We are now selecting content creators based on the quality of their contents and not because of the amount of followers/subscribers they have.

    - Smaller content creators will also be given a chance to be featured as a way for us to show our support.
    Yeah sure, there are many trash youtubers out there. I hope you didn't listen to those who complained about not putting quality youtubers there. They may not deserve being displayed there, but what are the benefits? None right? They're just displayed there anyways. Regardless how trash or not they are, they are still Growtopia's social media influencers. You can't change that fact whether they host giveaways or not. What's worse is, the cycle will be done every 2 months! Good luck finding quality creators there, like a maximum of 84 quality creators a year.

    Smaller content creators aren't getting featured nowadays, you just said that when you featured a small youtuber then after that no more. You should've told us that you're featuring small youtubers only, not other social media platforms.

    3) Twitch streamers being displayed but you did not update the thread. Yes, this is a big deal for me. Why? The Content Creator FAQ is supposed to serve the information for how the Community Hub works but its all incomplete and outdated.

    4) WOTD world renders not being displayed, what the hell is the use of the WOTD tab if you can go to /top and simply click a world. Why is there a box when the render won't be displayed anyways?

    5) Top rated worlds today.. Top rated worlds overall.. Top rated worlds.. but you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei / Content Creator FAQ Thread View Post
    This is for those who create – and enjoy! – high-quality content of all kinds
    Oh well, that's a violation. It's not high-quality content at all!

    6) 5 out of 7 tabs in the Community Hub are for worlds and most of them are useless! Can you support us video creators for once? We feel ignored by the entire Ubisoft team. Where's the featured videos and VOTW tab? WHERE?!

    You gave builders resources, then you should give us assets too!

    Suggestions for the Community Hub:
    These suggestions are not to make the Community Hub increase its popularity but to make the community hub be better at least a bit!

    1) Get rid of the three "Top Rated Worlds" tabs and replace them with Featured Videos.

    2) Stop the content creator cycle and feature Instagram posts and Youtube Videos instead.

    3) Add a tab for featuring Instagram memes.

    4) Update your god damn social media tab, let us know there that you also have a new video!

    Well that's six in total. Two for worlds (featured worlds and WOTD), one for instagram (featured memes) and two for Youtube (featured videos and VOTW) + your youtube channel which does not count.

    Maybe you'd ask me, this is god damn dead, why are you trying to suggest more for this hub? When this was first released, it was a +1 for me that Ubisoft did this but after months, they just forgot about it. For us creators, we would feel honored being noticed by Ubisoft through the Community Hub if ever we are displayed. This was a big potential for us creators because Ubisoft would finally start noticing the content creator side and not only focus on other stuff in-game such as grabbing feedback for fixes or getting suggestions for updates. We all said at first that people would be encouraged to be content creators because they would dream to be displayed some day in the hub but it turned out that this content creator cycle thing slowly went downhill after blocks were removed because of being controversial (that everyone went silent, making it go downhill). Those who are displayed on the community hub deserve more than nothing.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •