Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 31

Thread: About my Forumer Meetups

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer TobyLerasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    3,281

    Default About my Forumer Meetups

    Alright so errrm, I want some feedback and suggestions.

    What would you choose?
    - Only Master Sorcerer gets access to the lock in Meetups (limited people, not everyone gets access, easier to moderate for me)
    - All Forumers gets access to the lock in the Meetup (literally every Forumer gets access, very hard for me to moderate, can easily turn into a chaos)

    For me, I’d go for first option however uh, you guys decide.

    - Have activities inside the Meetup (ok this one’s indeed a very debated topic. It’s very hard for me to gather everyone around inside the Meetup since everyone’s busy building talking with each other.
    - Do not HAVE activities inside the Meetup. (I’d really go for the second option since it’s a chaos to gather everyone when there’s a game)

    On this one, I’d personally go for 2 due to how hard it is to gather everyone, really however you guys decide. IF you have VOTED for 1, please tell me WHAT games to prepare on a Meetup and WHY should I prepare games because it’s just bunch of chaos waiting for everyone to join and others pulling other people. (Consider not everyone wants to get disturbed while in the Meetup while voting)

    Should we have a black list for Meetups?
    - We should have BLACKLISTS.
    - We should not have BLACKLISTS rather they can get their access removed for the action they perform until next Meetup.

    Also, there’s no blacklist currently.

    Blacklist is basically a list which prevents you from joining the Meetups IF and only IF you break the rules. So yes, please decide importantly.

    Should we ban NON-FORUMERS from the Meetup world?

    - BAN THEM (Basically this is the best thing we can do since they learn the Password from other people and turn the Meetup into a mess)
    - DON’T BAN THEM (We don’t ban them, they learn the password, get in and randomly
    go around)

    I’d really go for the first option but..you guys decide.

    One last thing, I guess?

    - Have a PASSWORD DOOR for entrance (Basically which means I announce the password and everyone really gets in, chaos, harder for me to manage and moderate I won’t have the time to chat with you guys)
    - Have a VIP door for entrance (People who reply to the Meetup thread gets verified which means they also get accessed to the VIP door, kinda takes time to access but it’s worth it)

    I DO NEED THIS FEEDBACK, please reply if you have READ. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by TobyLerasco; 01-07-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Who do I choose?
    - Anyone that you trust. I can't be biased towards any of the options.

    Activities in Meetups?
    - No opinions. But it is up to people to join the games if you plan to host them.

    Blacklist?
    - Not. At. All.

    Ban non-forumers?
    - Preferably no banning. Unless they get out of hand.

    Doors?
    - Can be both. No comments.
    ~~~~ SixFace

    Important words to consider:

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Elyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,802

    Default



    1. Yes only master sorcerers should get access, anyways almost all active forumers are master sorcerers.
    2. No, we shouldn’t have set activities because everybody has a preference. I mostly join the “Winner gets to ask next question” game.
    3. No! We shouldn’t have a blacklist! Them being annoying doesn’t mean they’re a bad and should be kicked out of meetups!
    4. Sorry but... BAN THEM! They’re called forum meetups for a reason.
    5. A VIP door would be better because typing pass every single time is annoying and will prevent non-forumers from entering (if we end up not banning them)
    Quit this game already
    I am LightX, call me Light not Elyrion
    Discord: Light#6018
    Pet Rock Server : https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS

    We require Peace and Tranquility
    Come Join Secret Santa for another year of giving!

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer TobyLerasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    3,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixFace View Post
    Who do I choose?
    - Anyone that you trust. I can't be biased towards any of the options.

    Activities in Meetups?
    - No opinions. But it is up to people to join the games if you plan to host them.

    Blacklist?
    - Not. At. All.

    Ban non-forumers?
    - Preferably no banning. Unless they get out of hand.

    Doors?
    - Can be both. No comments.
    It’s really hard to gather everyone around the Meetup since it’s really crowded and considering that not everyone wants their convo to get interrupted because of some
    activities so it becomes a chaos to gather everyone (which results in people to go back to what they do because you can’t really wait for everyone to join the game)

    About banning Non-Forumers, It’s really hard to control them. Most of them come in making a mess and being annoying to others. It also ruins the meaning and the purpose of the password door.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elyrion View Post

    1. Yes only master sorcerers should get access, anyways almost all active forumers are master sorcerers.
    2. No, we shouldn’t have set activities because everybody has a preference. I mostly join the “Winner gets to ask next question” game.
    3. No! We shouldn’t have a blacklist! Them being annoying doesn’t mean they’re a bad and should be kicked out of meetups!
    4. Sorry but... BAN THEM! They’re called forum meetups for a reason.
    5. A VIP door would be better because typing pass every single time is annoying and will prevent non-forumers from entering (if we end up not banning them)
    I’m considering turning access only for Master Sorcerers however I’m not precisely sure but what I know is that It’ll make it way more easier for me to moderate the Meetup.

    Yeah, the question game’s fun while not everyone really joins since the Meetup’s too crowded. I don’t want half of the people sitting there doing nothing at ALL. Because it makes the Meetup bored for them so I’m currently really busy on thinking on that.

    We currently have no blacklist anyway but I’m thinking of removing access as a warning rather then having a blacklist.

    Yeah I really want to ban NON-FORUMERS too, It’s a Forumer Meetup, who wants to see NON-FORUMERS inside a Forumer Meetup.
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer tatertots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elyrion View Post

    1. Yes only master sorcerers should get access, anyways almost all active forumers are master sorcerers.
    2. No, we shouldn’t have set activities because everybody has a preference. I mostly join the “Winner gets to ask next question” game.
    3. No! We shouldn’t have a blacklist! Them being annoying doesn’t mean they’re a bad and should be kicked out of meetups!
    4. Sorry but... BAN THEM! They’re called forum meetups for a reason.
    5. A VIP door would be better because typing pass every single time is annoying and will prevent non-forumers from entering (if we end up not banning them)
    My opinions are the same as Lights so yeah

    For the “blacklist thing”
    1st offense: warning
    2nd offense: access removed, ban from that meetup (maybe)
    3rd offense: blacklist
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Blue.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    On top of the roof, somewhere that the economy is slow enough to have roofed houses
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Just do what you want. As stated on the other thread, meetups are so forced now it's not even fun anymore. The nature of randomness is what makes it fun.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Alright so errrm, I want some feedback and suggestions

    Ok sir:

    - Only Master Sorcerer gets access to the lock in Meetups (limited people, not everyone gets access, easier to moderate for me).

    - Build two places in the world, one for meetups and one for games.

    - We should have BLACKLISTS that give them a minor punishment, then further on it gets
    harsher due to repeated rules being broken.

    - We should make a separate area for the random people, also put a Signal Jammer so that the only people that can enter are our friends, and guild mates.

    - Have a VIP door for entrance (People who reply to the Meetup thread gets verified which means they also get accessed to the VIP door, kinda takes time to access but it’s worth it.
    ^
    |
    |


    Okey, was that helpful?

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN View Post

    So TL;DR, I don't like this much.
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    My suggestion is that everyone should be able to host one whenever they want to with the proper rules.

    One person can't dictate who hosts something and who doesn't.
    Yes I agree with these as well, but I’m pretty sure Toby’s talking about his own meetups.
    Last edited by Noobified; 01-08-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916

    Goals:
    Rayman’s Fist: 0/4000wls
    Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

    visit powfartsv2 for stuff

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard FrostFloofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    in my bed
    Posts
    239

    Default

    That mean i cant join instead i just spam
    IGN:Realnaufal23
    Second IGN:FrostFloofy

    [Goals]
    I Have No Goals,Later I Have To move another account hh

    I <3 GT

    Also, punchas and astinotrix are my senpais

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer ChickyBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue. View Post
    Just do what you want. As stated on the other thread, meetups are so forced now it's not even fun anymore. The nature of randomness is what makes it fun.
    Honestly I agree with this.

    Anyone can host the meetup, there are no official ones. Stealing the meetup king throne is totally dumb. Sorry but what exactly do these people want from meetups? Seems like meetups are not just for fun anymore.

    Taking over? No one is taking over. These are community meetups. Why do you want to take the leadership of this silly (in terms of fun) meetup thing?

    So stop making threads like this please, to both sides.
    MyAnimeList (updated!) ChickyBro
    I love Aisaka Taiga. I've been wasting time on light novels lately.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer TurtlePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    1. Only Master Sorcerer gets access, because that'd be easier for you to moderate, since admins would destroy the world.

    2. I'd host activities & games, because that'd be cool to cooperate and have fun with other people. I wouldn't pull everyone, but only those who's not talking & wanna play.

    3. We should have blacklists, because we don't need toxic people in our meet-up, since they make the meet-up unenjoyable.

    4. I'd ban random people from the meet-up, because the meet-up is only for Forumers and nobody else. If people wanna join the meet-up, then they should register at Growtopia Forums.

    5. I'd chose a VIP entrance, because that'd be easier to enter the meet-up & that'd be easier for you to moderate.
    Last edited by TurtlePirate; 01-08-2020 at 09:00 AM.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Felixcesar15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Alright so errrm, I want some feedback and suggestions.

    What would you choose?
    - Only Master Sorcerer gets access to the lock in Meetups (limited people, not everyone gets access, easier to moderate for me)
    - All Forumers gets access to the lock in the Meetup (literally every Forumer gets access, very hard for me to moderate, can easily turn into a chaos)

    For me, I’d go for first option however uh, you guys decide.

    - Have activities inside the Meetup (ok this one’s indeed a very debated topic. It’s very hard for me to gather everyone around inside the Meetup since everyone’s busy building talking with each other.
    - Do not HAVE activities inside the Meetup. (I’d really go for the second option since it’s a chaos to gather everyone when there’s a game)

    On this one, I’d personally go for 2 due to how hard it is to gather everyone, really however you guys decide. IF you have VOTED for 1, please tell me WHAT games to prepare on a Meetup and WHY should I prepare games because it’s just bunch of chaos waiting for everyone to join and others pulling other people. (Consider not everyone wants to get disturbed while in the Meetup while voting)

    Should we have a black list for Meetups?
    - We should have BLACKLISTS.
    - We should not have BLACKLISTS rather they can get their access removed for the action they perform until next Meetup.

    Also, there’s no blacklist currently.

    Blacklist is basically a list which prevents you from joining the Meetups IF and only IF you break the rules. So yes, please decide importantly.

    Should we ban NON-FORUMERS from the Meetup world?

    - BAN THEM (Basically this is the best thing we can do since they learn the Password from other people and turn the Meetup into a mess)
    - DON’T BAN THEM (We don’t ban them, they learn the password, get in and randomly
    go around)

    I’d really go for the first option but..you guys decide.

    One last thing, I guess?

    - Have a PASSWORD DOOR for entrance (Basically which means I announce the password and everyone really gets in, chaos, harder for me to manage and moderate I won’t have the time to chat with you guys)
    - Have a VIP door for entrance (People who reply to the Meetup thread gets verified which means they also get accessed to the VIP door, kinda takes time to access but it’s worth it)

    I DO NEED THIS FEEDBACK, please reply if you have READ. Thanks in advance
    what if only forumers who replied to a meetup thread will only get access to the vip door, then the rest of the world is public by the wl, and people who have access to the meetup world can help you to moderate

    ok feedback time

    1) the first one? idk
    2) the second one
    3) the second one
    4) the second one

    i personally perfer meetup with chaos, while there are areas where people can chat peacefully

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue. View Post
    Just do what you want. As stated on the other thread, meetups are so forced now it's not even fun anymore. The nature of randomness is what makes it fun.
    i kinda agree with this
    Just a weird and unknown forumer

    My waifu is...


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaths View Post
    cool one question, may i steal ur eggs?
    Join forumers united

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Alright so errrm, I want some feedback and suggestions.

    What would you choose?
    - Only Master Sorcerer gets access to the lock in Meetups (limited people, not everyone gets access, easier to moderate for me)
    - All Forumers gets access to the lock in the Meetup (literally every Forumer gets access, very hard for me to moderate, can easily turn into a chaos)

    For me, I’d go for first option however uh, you guys decide.

    - Have activities inside the Meetup (ok this one’s indeed a very debated topic. It’s very hard for me to gather everyone around inside the Meetup since everyone’s busy building talking with each other.
    - Do not HAVE activities inside the Meetup. (I’d really go for the second option since it’s a chaos to gather everyone when there’s a game)

    On this one, I’d personally go for 2 due to how hard it is to gather everyone, really however you guys decide. IF you have VOTED for 1, please tell me WHAT games to prepare on a Meetup and WHY should I prepare games because it’s just bunch of chaos waiting for everyone to join and others pulling other people. (Consider not everyone wants to get disturbed while in the Meetup while voting)

    Should we have a black list for Meetups?
    - We should have BLACKLISTS.
    - We should not have BLACKLISTS rather they can get their access removed for the action they perform until next Meetup.

    Also, there’s no blacklist currently.

    Blacklist is basically a list which prevents you from joining the Meetups IF and only IF you break the rules. So yes, please decide importantly.

    Should we ban NON-FORUMERS from the Meetup world?

    - BAN THEM (Basically this is the best thing we can do since they learn the Password from other people and turn the Meetup into a mess)
    - DON’T BAN THEM (We don’t ban them, they learn the password, get in and randomly
    go around)

    I’d really go for the first option but..you guys decide.

    One last thing, I guess?

    - Have a PASSWORD DOOR for entrance (Basically which means I announce the password and everyone really gets in, chaos, harder for me to manage and moderate I won’t have the time to chat with you guys)
    - Have a VIP door for entrance (People who reply to the Meetup thread gets verified which means they also get accessed to the VIP door, kinda takes time to access but it’s worth it)

    I DO NEED THIS FEEDBACK, please reply if you have READ. Thanks in advance
    - There are literally tons of Master Sorcerers in the forum.

    - Have no activities.

    - NO BLACKLISTS.

    - Don't ban them unless they're getting out of hand.

    - PASSWORD DOOR.

    If one is not an active forumer and was able to enter the meetup, ban.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBro View Post
    Taking over? No one is taking over. These are community meetups. Why do you want to take the leadership of this silly (in terms of fun) meetup thing?
    It's what some are thinking, especially those who think they are the official hosts of the meetups.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •