Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About my Forumer Meetups

Redefine the rules. Apparently there are hidden rules in the meetup. Got banned and blacklisted* for the slightest of reasons.
    “Rules
    - Strictly only Forumers.
    - Be civil and respect each other
    - No griefing other buildings”
    (Source: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...er-Meetup!)”

Why blacklist?
    Why put a black mark on a forumer? Aren’t all of them welcome? Don’t they all have rights to chat and voice out?
    (Unless it’s somehing severe, could give them a ban for 10 minutes from the world.)
    Ban non-forumers - don’t access them. Apparently in the last meetup, you access a bunch of non-forumers.

(My opinion) if you got anything to say/critique say it here. Don’t go on social medias and talk —— about me.

Generally I’m those who love to chill out. I love forumer meetups and events. The current state now is just dull and unreasonable.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

You have no entitled to blacklist any forumer
    You said its a forumer meetups but why u need to add a blacklist
    If u have a personal problems to other forumer go clear it
    Dont act like a leader of the gang

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Redefine the rules. Apparently there are hidden rules in the meetup. Got banned and blacklisted* for the slightest of reasons.
    “Rules
    - Strictly only Forumers.
    - Be civil and respect each other
    - No griefing other buildings”
    (Source: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...er-Meetup!)”

Why blacklist?
    Why put a black mark on a forumer? Aren’t all of them welcome? Don’t they all have rights to chat and voice out?
    (Unless it’s somehing severe, could give them a ban for 10 minutes from the world.)
    Ban non-forumers - don’t access them. Apparently in the last meetup, you access a bunch of non-forumers.

(My opinion) if you got anything to say/critique say it here. Don’t go on social medias and talk —— about me.

Generally I’m those who love to chill out. I love forumer meetups and events. The current state now is just dull and unreasonable.
    Look I banned you off the MEETUP because I was sick of the whole drama that was going on in the Meetup. I warned you not to bring up drama MULTIPLE times. My MEETUPS, aren’t the PLACE for our personal matters nor our DRAMA. If you have any personal issues with me or if you have a problem to fix with me, then, COME TO ME. Again, DO NOT involve your personal matters into my Meetups. These MEETUPS aren’t supposed to be a place for our drama. We CANNOT ruin the fun of others because of our DRAMA. Please, DO NOT INVOLVE it into my Meetups. No you aren’t blacklisted. NO ONE is. I hope you understand that.
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

On top of the roof, somewhere that the economy is slow enough to have roofed houses

i miss mattlaurence's era

Anyway, here's a set of rules I think is appropriate
    1. No inappropriate builds. For example, swastika, genitals, etc.
    2. Discuss anything with anyone you want, but don't make it uncomfortable for anyone.
    3. Hate speech towards staffs/forumers are banned.
    4. Once you place something, it is the world's property. Everyone can break it and keep it to their own. Ask the owner to use a lock if you want to keep it.
    5. Leaking informations about the doorid/password is prohibited. If someone wants to join they must be a forumer. If they are a forumer they can check it themselves.
    6. Announce every activities before the meetup take place. A well-prepared meetup is a successful meetup.

Punishment for those who violate the rules:
    1st time: Reminder
    2nd time: Revoke admin
    3rd time: Ban
    Everything starts at 0 upon entering a new meetup.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Look I banned you off the MEETUP because I was sick of the whole drama that was going on in the Meetup. I warned you not to bring up drama MULTIPLE times. My MEETUPS, aren’t the PLACE for our personal matters nor our DRAMA. If you have any personal issues with me or if you have a problem to fix with me, then, COME TO ME. Again, DO NOT involve your personal matters into my Meetups. These MEETUPS aren’t supposed to be a place for our drama. We CANNOT ruin the fun of others because of our DRAMA. Please, DO NOT INVOLVE it into my Meetups. No you aren’t blacklisted. NO ONE is. I hope you understand that.

Ok, i've gave my feedbacks and hope you take that in consideration...
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post

Ok, i've gave my feedbacks and hope you take that in consideration...
    Thank you Poke.
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

Default Disapproving

Replies:
    1. All forumers. (No exceptions)
    2. No activities
    3. No blacklist (Why? to the person you dislike personally? (in most of the case))
    4. No banning non-forumers. It's a bit harsh. Unless they're making a problem. Somehow I feel like this kind of meetup is making people see forumers as an elite... y know?
    5. No doors. It's a meetup. If non-forumers come, maybe you can persuade them to join the forums as well. Instead of banning them, this is much better.

My opinion:

- Should reduce hosting the meetups, I would prefer meeting up whenever I feel like it instead of planned monthly meetups.
    Personally, I prefer those random meetups, we meet at some random world and just chit chat. Probably adding friends etc. So, in my opinion, reduce it! Like once a year or twice a year, if some people think it's still no fun. Then... don't host it anymore. It's like spending a lot of cash on something that people find it boring, you'll be just wasting cash.

- Why this bringing this forum meetup like it is a problem? And why you almost all the time? Anyone could've hosted it, not to be rude but you sound like you're the part of the Growtopia Team who brings official meetups.
    Like really... The main problem is the meetup is hosted too often IMO. And I'm not sure the drama between forumers X and forumers Y. That might be one of the factors as well.

- If you are having a hard time gathering everyone. Then don't host it. They probably have other plans on the day the meetup is planned. Or maybe they don't find this fun anymore.
    This might be the main reason why some people starting to dislike the forum meetups. Because it' s a bit forced, it's boring as well. What are the odds that new people will come to the meetups? Probably the same person all the time. (Pardon me if I'm wrong)

If I remember, there was a meetup like these when I was still active here, they stop hosting it for a reason.

So TL;DR, I don't like this much.
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

Discord: GENSEAF#1544
    Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
    I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC

Quote Originally Posted by GEN View Post
    Replies:
    My opinion:

- Should reduce hosting the meetups, I would prefer meeting up whenever I feel like it instead of planned monthly meetups.
    Personally, I prefer those random meetups, we meet at some random world and just chit chat. Probably adding friends etc. So, in my opinion, reduce it! Like once a year or twice a year, if some people think it's still no fun. Then... don't host it anymore. It's like spending a lot of cash on something that people find it boring, you'll be just wasting cash.

- Why this bringing this forum meetup like it is a problem? And why you almost all the time? Anyone could've hosted it, not to be rude but you sound like you're the part of the Growtopia Team who brings official meetups.
    Like really... The main problem is the meetup is hosted too often IMO. And I'm not sure the drama between forumers X and forumers Y. That might be one of the factors as well.

- If you are having a hard time gathering everyone. Then don't host it. They probably have other plans on the day the meetup is planned. Or maybe they don't find this fun anymore.
    This might be the main reason why some people starting to dislike the forum meetups. Because it' s a bit forced, it's boring as well. What are the odds that new people will come to the meetups? Probably the same person all the time. (Pardon me if I'm wrong)

If I remember, there was a meetup like these when I was still active here, they stop hosting it for a reason.

All the god damn B's are very much true.

Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

I agree with what GEN said. This is more than enough.
    MyAnimeList (updated!) ChickyBro
    I love Aisaka Taiga. I've been wasting time on light novels lately.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN View Post
    Replies:
    1. All forumers. (No exceptions)
    2. No activities
    3. No blacklist (Why? to the person you dislike personally? (in most of the case))
    4. No banning non-forumers. It's a bit harsh. Unless they're making a problem. Somehow I feel like this kind of meetup is making people see forumers as an elite... y know?
    5. No doors. It's a meetup. If non-forumers come, maybe you can persuade them to join the forums as well. Instead of banning them, this is much better.

My opinion:

All SEAF's points are 100% true and I agree with - this is definitely getting out of hand. Please host when you feel like it... don't force it.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

On top of the roof, somewhere that the economy is slow enough to have roofed houses

GEN you absolute MVP.
    Yes, stop this.

Banned

My suggestion is that everyone should be able to host one whenever they want to with the proper rules.

One person can't dictate who hosts something and who doesn't.