Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are almost all rich people extremely arrogant and narcissistic?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyChase View Post
    The community is changing buddy - we just gotta accept it though even if it is hard to bear with those kind of growtopians
    We shouldn't bear with toxic people.

Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet

My english is deteriotiating :[

Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3

It's simple: because the good ones won't let their wealth be a factor on how they should treat and converse with you. Tl;dr, maturity.

Additionally, they wouldn't waste their energy talking bad about you either.
    "The only other thing I hate is having to waste my time reading this signature."

❖ YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/MemeHero/

❖ Info:
    IGN: MemeHero -- (GL) of MEMES.
    Level: 75
    2013 player.

❖ Worlds:
    > MEMES
    > WHIM
    > HUNGERGAMES
    > FNAFWORLD

❖ Goals:
    1. Get a WOTD and a VOTD.
    2. Become known for something.
    3. Be the first to discover a recipe for a new item.

Join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUOfficial2013/
    - MemeHero, Owner of Growtopia University.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfArt View Post
    That right there my fellow is where you’re wrong. I was banned for 8 days until support ended my ban why? Wasted told them that I scammed him and he went through the time and effort of going to a private server and faking the chat. I have video proof PM if you want to see it. It wasn’t until support saw major flaws in the items designs because they didn’t work properly on the private server that they unbanned me.

That proves staff don’t check logs and listen to the rich. They banned me with VIDEO PROOF yet they say they don’t ban unless they see it with their own eyes?

If you’re wondering why he accused me of scamming. He lowballed me when I sold him the world sellsong I got frustrated and told him hey can I have more please? He said your fault I’m not in the wrong just profiting.

I was like sure whatever and forgot about it with the single diamond lock he gave me and he sold the world for 40 dls. So why he faked a video? I dunno maybe he thought I recorded the whole thing and thought I’d ruin his reputation? Anyways everyone already knows the current wasted is a fake and he sold the account don’t know why staff hasn’t banned him.
    I will take your word for it without asking for a PM as proof. I was under the impression that video/picture evidence isn't sufficient enough. In your case they should of made an apology an maybe offered a little compensation if a mistake was made.

They should of also given a warning to the person or people who incorrectly banned you to be more diligent in the future. There should of also been consequences for a person making a false report.

If those things didn't happen I would have to think they failed you as a player and you are justified in losing faith in the people who are in control.

Without accountability it's hard to have credibility.

Usually, those who value themselves the most (usually through self-indulgence, ego, self-confidence, etc.) have the biggest drive to accumulate wealth since it is in their main interest to be wealthy. In addition to this, greed plays a factor in people gaining wealth - greed is not a negative trait, only when it is done excessively.

On top of this, the demographic of GT are young people, where the majority lie between 10-16-year-olds. Their minds are not yet fully developed in the sense of maturity, morality and such. Though that's not the case for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyChase View Post
    The community is changing buddy - we just gotta accept it though even if it is hard to bear with those kind of growtopians
    It has always been like this. Growtopia's community has always comprised of the same types of people, but it seems like the "good samaritans" (or less self-indulgent, greedy, egotistical people) are less and less prevalent in the community, i.e. they're shrinking.
    33 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Why are almost all rich people extremely arrogant and think that they are better than others?
    They like to show off their locks all day, and then validate all their arguments with "I have locks, I am better than you.".

People with many trade worlds are usually the most arrogant and unpleasant people.
    They are extremely narcissistic, and think the world revolves around them.

The most pleasant people are the ones with (usually) 1-100 Dls.

I'm not jealous, I've got plenty, but I'm not a narcissist.
    Well, it's just that the richer people are, the more they tend to be arrogant about it I guess. I can't say 'almost all' of them are, though, as I've seen a lot of rich players who are really down to earth, a lot of them in fact, it's just that these they're under these players' shadows. Either that, or they hide their net worth so you don't even know they're rich to begin with.

I think you should start socializing elsewhere if this is the environment you're in.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24

This isn't really that true, I'm poor and arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    almost all
    Eh, not really. You just tend to notice the arrogant ones more than the nice ones.

Signature v9.1

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    Eh, not really. You just tend to notice the arrogant ones more than the nice ones.
    True, they do stand out quite well.

im just too shy to talk to new people so i tend to ignore them

ahem ahem kingprofits

Quote Originally Posted by Voxel_Z View Post
    ahem ahem kingprofits
    he's a pretty chill guy imo

I have seen many players over the years turn into what you described. I’ve taken newer players under my wing countless times, only to turn out like this. I really can’t figure out why, as I wasn’t like this ever. It’s probably because I’m out to just socialize, troll, and have fun. Wls were just an extra bonus for me, and always have been. People like that are just generally obsessed with the wealth and fame they can get. I have flown under the radar now for many years, and still enjoy the time I get to play. Most my friends are like minded people, and I tend to just shy away, or unfriend anyone who gets toxic like that. Probably explains why most of my friends are adults. I tend to think it’s the younger players who act like this.

Started game June 2013 and Forums August 2013
    Old IGN and forum name Ngreenwood74
    Created NASDAQ with my good friend Queenburt
    IGN: Gooseneck Level: 100
    Hours Played: 10,000
    Punched:25.5 million times!
    Guild: Slaves