Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: Value Check does not decrease the amount of vend scams.

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    2,092

    Default Value Check does not decrease the amount of vend scams.

    The value check feature is used to see if a certain item being sold if overpriced. I assume this was made to prevent vend scams. In my opinion, this will not change much. Most vend scams work in a certain way which is that there is a lot of people who all want to buy the item in question for cheap and they try to buy it as fast as possible. In this case, they wouldn't see the price check in time to react as they're trying to be the first to buy the item. Price check can still work if the person buying is not in a hurry to purchase the item. This is just what I think, if you disagree with me, feel free to post your own opinion.

    Retired poster

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer SmartWaffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    waffleland
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Value check isn’t a feature to fight scams. However, it is more of a guideline for people shopping for items casually, not spamming the OK button and hoping to get those diamond shoes for a diamond lock.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    If anything, it allows for more scams.

    Don't know what the point of adding the DigiVend machine was.


    Last time I checked I had: 2,170 subscribers!

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard ColderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Actually they could popup an extra window in case the item in the vending machine is more than 500% the original price.
    Technology is amazing!


    Don't forget to check out this awesome website!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer SmartWaffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    waffleland
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    If anything, it allows for more scams.

    Don't know what the point of adding the DigiVend machine was.
    Name an example of a new scam, please.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Lollipopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    Name an example of a new scam, please.
    Bot trades & people skewing calculated prices to pass off items as more valuable than they are

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    Name an example of a new scam, please.
    Selling normal vending machines inside a digivend and saying "selling digivend" (saw this a couple times already)
    Retired poster

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    Name an example of a new scam, please.
    Just to add somehting new that hasn't yet been said, even though this is unrelated to the price check feature.
    The Vending Hub allows you to change the price in a vend from distance which could be used for some sort of vend scam.


    Last time I checked I had: 2,170 subscribers!

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer SmartWaffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    waffleland
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    Just to add somehting new that hasn't yet been said, even though this is unrelated to the price check feature.
    The Vending Hub allows you to change the price in a vend from distance which could be used for some sort of vend scam.
    This thread's not about the vending hub but rather the value check feature. However, that is a new scam but I think that the value check MIGHT save them if they read it carefully.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,400

    Default

    IMO. The Value Check is still broken and can be easily taken advantage of. Just take a not-so-popular expensive item with a broken value check and one can already manipulate or fool someone with pricing.
    IGN: CandleJack

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer lightvolts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Takes prices of all the vends and probably average it,
    sooner or later there it wouldn’t be accurate
    my guess

    since benbarrage video magplant = 1wl
    Last edited by lightvolts; 01-04-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84



    mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

    and when upload it, no work

    [i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard CaribbeanJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    UAE.
    Posts
    456

    Default Excuse me but ...

    If you still get scammed with a vend these days , you kinda deserve it , if you compare the vend 1.0 and these vends we got nowadays you'll be amazed...

    They added a double confirmation to the vends ( yes 1.0 vends were 1 tap / click purchase)
    They added a distance limit to edit the vends ( and again 1.0 vends could be edited from any point in the world locked world)
    They added a cool down timer of 12 seconds ( =.= you got 12 seconds to literally read JUST READ what is displayed in the vend)
    They added a HUUUUGE item icon in the vend (so people wouldn't get confused)

    I even forgot some tweaks, it might be the most updated unbreakable item in the game, but people still get scammed just because they don't care or don't pay attention.

    imagine someone broadcasting sell new mag 30 wls and everybody buys it, who's responsible?
    NOT THE GAME.
    the careless buyers and the shameless scammer are responsible.

    also don't tell that there are young kids and everything else because this game is PEGI +12 for a reason and at 12 you're atleast reading LOL (at least)

    they warn people over and over but they just skip like people do for lisence agreement
    and just spam accept and then complain about getting scammed.

    if you have a good suggestion to add to the vends i'm okay with that but if you say illogic things like "devs don't support enough" or "vends destroy the game", you're just being a bad clown.

    also the value check is JUST a CHECK not a stable thing, nobody can have all items prices in mind, so when they goto a buy+ world they dont buy a ripper wing for 10 wls when they can get 15 for 1 wl.

    Big Thanks to the devs and the mods and the non toxic part of the community.

    IGN : CaribbeanJr

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •