2 25.00%
  • No we don’t, (Explain)

6 75.00%
  • Other (EXPLAIN)

0 0%

Thread: Player Insurance

Default Player Insurance

Player Insurance

What is player insurance and why is it important for games to have it?
    Player Insurance is the basic Idea that if, a. players account is compromised by any means the player can have an investigation launched into their account to retrieve the lost items. This is important Because,
    1. Helps Remove Hackers from the game Due to the fact that a proper investigation will reveal the Hacker and allow for such accounts to be banned.
    2. Stops long term players from quitting due to sudden and unjust loss of items
    3. Removes incentive for Hackers to attack accounts, since investigations will result in the Hacker Gaining nothing.

How could It be Implemented into growtopia.

I understand that growtopia is a Low-Budget Game, meaning the insurance systems implemented in other games will not operate due to the low budget that growtopia has.

So, how would this be implemented? Well firstly some ground rules for accounts that are eligible for insurance,
    1. The Account must have supporter status
    2. The account must be over 180 Days old.
    3. The account must not have been banned for reasons unrelated to the account being compromised.
    4. The amount lost must be viable to be investigated.
    5. This ONLY covers account-wide Comprimises, NOT everyday scams.

I feel that such a feature will greatly reduce the incentive for hackers to hack high-level accounts, since as of recent AAP has seemingly been bypassed, this will also allow for growtopia to meet some other basic standards in the gaming industry.
    Last edited by Lopyhupis; 01-09-2020 at 11:42 PM.
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ed-Art-Contest)

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    Player Insurance

What is player insurance and why is it important for games to have it?
    Player Insurance is the basic Idea that if, a. players account is compromised by any means the player can have an investigation launched into their account to retrieve the lost items. This is important Because,
    1. Helps Remove Hackers from the game Due to the fact that a proper investigation will reveal the Hacker and allow for such accounts to be banned.
    2. Stops long term players from quitting due to sudden and unjust loss of items
    3. Removes incentive for Hackers to attack accounts, since investigations will result in the Hacker Gaining nothing.

How could It be Implemented into growtopia.

I understood that growtopia is a Low-Budget Game, meaning the insurance systems implemented in other games will not operate due to the low budget that growtopia has.

So, how would this be implemented? Well firstly some ground rules for accounts that are eligible for insurance,
    1. The Account must have supporter status
    2. The account must be over 180 Days old.
    3. The account must not have been banned for reasons unrelated to the account being compromised.
    4. The amount lost must be greater than 10dls
    5. This ONLY covers account-wide Comprimises, NOT everyday scams.

I feel that such a feature will greatly reduce the incentive for hackers to hack high-level accounts, since as of recent AAP has seemingly been bypassed, this will also allow for growtopia to meet some other basic standards in the gaming industry.
    So basically more protection for rich players. Wouldn't it seem sketchy that Ubisoft is protecting those juicy wealthy Growtopians more than the casual ones? If I got hacked 9 dls will Ubisoft just shrug? Something is missing there.

Also, if you get hacked, just open up the support ticket, they made it so ANY Growtopian can get his problem solved.
    Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
    Find me on Twitter!
    Add me on discord: Nex#5964

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post
    So basically more protection for rich players. Wouldn't it seem sketchy that Ubisoft is protecting those juicy wealthy Growtopians more than the casual ones? If I got hacked 9 dls will Ubisoft just shrug? Something is missing there.

Also, if you get hacked, just open up the support ticket, they made it so ANY Growtopian can get his problem solved.
    Edited the board so that any growtopia can get their problem solved, also the initial reason I had such a barrier is so that support wouldn't be flooded with tickets.
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post

Literally you cannot ask for hacked items back if you report yourself getting hacked 7 days after the compromising
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and otaku
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    Literally you cannot ask for hacked items back if you report yourself getting hacked 7 days after the compromising
    My thread’s point is to point out a lack of support from Ubisoft’s end to the players, and this is detrimental to the games community, and player base, your quote and point help highlight this point.
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

Your account, your responsibility. In the event that you actually do get hacked, it is always your fault, no exceptions.

Too many loopholes as well. Chances are, if you actually get hacked, the investigative process will most likely be flawed. All they can say is a sob story with no hard evidence.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    Your account, your responsibility. In the event that you actually do get hacked, it is always your fault, no exceptions.

Too many loopholes as well. Chances are, if you actually get hacked, the investigative process will most likely be flawed. All they can say is a sob story with no hard evidence.
    Multiple people as of recent have had AAP enabled, never entered their passwords on dodger sites or ever visited suspicious links had their accounts hacked, so no it’s not always “Your responsibility” Also you realize how in depth logs can be? Server side logs record every conversation, every movement, every login at a different location, every dropped item, and every bought item. If a person were to ask the support department about being hacked, they would check the logs. (Hard Evidence)
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

Multiple people as of recent have had AAP enabled, never entered their passwords on dodger sites or ever visited suspicious links had their accounts hacked, so no it’s not always “Your responsibility” Also you realize how in depth logs can be? Server side logs record every conversation, every movement, every login at a different location, every dropped item, and every bought item. If a person were to ask the support department about being hacked, they would check the logs. (Hard Evidence)
    If they have such great "hard evidence", then there really is no point in having insurance when they can verify that they were actually hacked and return the items...
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

those who got hacked with aap on usually do get their stuff back tho
    IGN : Liquify

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    If they have such great "hard evidence", then there really is no point in having insurance when they can verify that they were actually hacked and return the items...
    Holy, did you not read the thread? Go back and read the ENTIRE thread so you can actually understand what I’m suggesting.
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!