Thread: Some thoughts about mutant kitchen..

Lesser Wizard

Default Some thoughts about mutant kitchen..

I feel like the event is way too cooking intense. I mean, the people I've seen that actually participate in the event have to cook THOUSANDS OF FOOD. No one has fun cooking thousands of anything, let's be honest. My friend rn is whining about having to cook 12 THOUSAND DISGUSTING MESSES for the event. 12 THOUSAND. ***. Most people in growtopia don't even cook AT ALL and this event requires you to be amazing at it or you just lose wls and spend hours and hours achieving absolutely nothing.

I suggest a revamp, maybe make the event tied more to gt's other ''minigames'', like surgery, crime fighting, fishing, startopia. Basically whenever you cook a disgusting mess during mutant kitchen, it turns into a mutated mess. Mutated messes can be upgraded into the gross foods we currently have, by doing stuff like surgery. Only a maximum of 30 mutated messes can be upgraded at a time in your inventory. (number can be changed) To upgrade the food further, you have to complete a challenge or do some hard stuff, for example doing like 3 massive traumas in surg to upgrade all the mutated food in your inventory. I know this might seem really unbalanced, but it's just an idea I thought up of and I feel like this will allow more people to participate in this event.

I also suggest that the community vote or think up of new items to be added to mutant kitchen. This way, we get cool items that the growtopia community actually like and they won't have to be removed for being ''too gross'', because they would have to receive approval from the community. For example, I thought up of an item named Hivemind. It's a beehive that you wear over your head, and it's cracked open. Animated honey constantly leaks out of the crack and bees orbit you. Anyone who gets close to you will hear a faint buzzing noise and your punch will be replaced by a stream of bees.

ok thanks for coming to my ted talk

+1 Imagine having to make 12,000 disgusting messes.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to dragons 🐉
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    -
    PFP: topazi 😭😭

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    +1 Imagine having to make 12,000 disgusting messes.
    no need to imagine i have to make 12k zzz

Firstly, No one told you to make 12,000 disgusting mess. It is entirely optional and in no way are your forced to do so in any way or form.

Anyone who does, is doing it for a profit. The profit margins in mutant kitchens are vast if you are aware of what your doing and know how to cook. And in the case of making disgusting mess; if you add disgusting mess to a normal gross out food, it will turn it into a more 'enhanced' mutant food, with improved drop rates.

Secondly, this is an event aimed directly at cooks. If you can't cook, then don't do it and stop complaining. That's like as if someone who doesn't know how to do surgery, complains and bashes surgery for being 'too hard'
    Growtopian name- Kitty

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Firstly, No one told you to make 12,000 disgusting mess. It is entirely optional and in no way are your forced to do so in any way or form.

Anyone who does, is doing it for a profit. The profit margins in mutant kitchens are vast if you are aware of what your doing and know how to cook. And in the case of making disgusting mess; if you add disgusting mess to a normal gross out food, it will turn it into a more 'enhanced' mutant food, with improved drop rates.

Secondly, this is an event aimed directly at cooks. If you can't cook, then don't do it and stop complaining. That's like as if someone who doesn't know how to do surgery, complains and bashes surgery for being 'too hard'
    If you want to get any ''good reward'', you are forced to eat thousands of mutated food, so yeah no one told me to make 12k dmess but it's kinda a requirement if I even want a chance of getting anything remotely good. I know how to cook, but I'm not good at it. Mutant kitchen is very profitable if you are amazing at cooking I agree, but it just sucks for everyone else honestly. You have almost no chance of getting any interesting reward if you don't cook thousands of food, and again, even the GOOD COOKS don't want to do this. Yes, I know this event is ''aimed at cooks'', but if the cooks themselves are complaining then maybe there is a problem??

Quote Originally Posted by thiccgrill View Post
    If you want to get any ''good reward'', you are forced to eat thousands of mutated food, so yeah no one told me to make 12k dmess but it's kinda a requirement if I even want a chance of getting anything remotely good.
    You can get something 'remotely good' without making a crap ton of disgusting mess. Ubisoft tweaked the drop rates a while ago- making it even easier to profit. Disgusting mess just further enhances this by unlocking another tier of drop rates.

And you have to remember, Mutant Kitchen food consuming is RNG. You are never 'guaranteed' a good reward.

Mutant kitchen is very profitable if you are amazing at cooking I agree, but it just sucks for everyone else honestly.
    Mutant Kitchen isn't the only monthly event there is. If you don't like it, don't participate. There are many people who enjoy the event and make a killing out of it. Again, we can look at the surgery analogy. If you don't like surgery, don't do it. There are alot more events for you to choose from.

even the GOOD COOKS don't want to do this. Yes, I know this event is ''aimed at cooks'', but if the cooks themselves are complaining then maybe there is a problem??
    I wouldn't call myself a bad cook, and I do enjoy myself a bit of cooking in mutant kitchen. I fail to see a problem- other than having to cook disgusting mess. If you see an alternate to this, do share.

And again, disgusting mess can be bought and is entirely optional. You can get good rewards without it. If you really hate it, hire a friend to do it for you. The Buying/Selling sub-forum exists.

If you remove disgusting mess from the recipe of higher tier food, it would make them easier to obtain, hence rendering rarer drops common place and causing them to loose their value. In the long term, this would cause Mutant Kitchen to become obsolete.
    Growtopian name- Kitty

Lesser Knight

drop rates havent been changed btw

The whole point of the mutant kitchen is to expand on the cooking subgame and give something unique to it. If they started involving other subgames (surg, crime, pet battle) it would totally ruin the point of the event. This would also make it even harder for noobs to enjoy the event, since then they would need to know how to cook, do surg, do startopia, buy tools, etc.

Incorporating surgery into mutant kitchen would be like requiring you to make a food every time you want to do a surgery on surgery day...
    ign: WizardPro

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Name:  MK.PNG
Views: 99
Size:  165.4 KB

This announcement was made just last Mutant Kitchen event.
    So yes, drop rates have been changed.
    Growtopian name- Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    you dont know that, they couldve tweaked them a little. it is rng afterall. the only visible thing we can see is that it takes less food to explode, so you have more chances at getting a rare.

- - - Updated - - -

as a cook, i feel that the reward for getting a rare by cooking 12k dmess of food (4k upgraded food, you will most definitely get at least one of the rare) is definitely worth it. if you get two, which is highly likely as well, you basically multiplied the dls you start with by 1.5, which is CRAZY. doing 3 traumas or anything related to a different thing in the game is just plain dumb. and trust me, getting 3 traumas is much harder than cooking 90 dmess (30 food upgrades as you said).
    the only rebalance i could foresee is lowering the amount of dmess needed to upgrade each food.
    Ariana

Lesser Knight

Each side brings up good points. But ultimately, mutant kitchen is a cooking event and should remain as such.

However, I do agree that Mutant Kitchen needs a little update. Perhaps a new food. This is reasonable because we currently only have 4 mutant food. A new food would create way for new items or even old items being re-introduced to the game if the community desires it.