Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Thread: Why are male players treated so differently than females players?

  1. #21
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Kids are never jealous whenever things are like that. Some kids are just influenced to be like this or that, making them to believe that it is entertaining or funny for them to do so even if it is hurtful or offending. Kids dont often realise theyre wrong and they just go with whatever their nature nourishes them to act like. If a kid is nourished right, then there are no cases of these happening.

    Mhm. Thats why humanity is cruel.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because its a mockery to people who are sticking with on how theyre feeling, even on vice versa of it. People are taught, educated, and encouraged to be in a straight line wether they like it or not. People who doesnt listen and wanted to be who they are, will most likely to be seen as a bad person. A disgrace to the humanity. Strengthen by other things that people believed in. Even in schools there are teachers who are siding with their opinions on being different to one another.

    It is a joke because some people likes to be a jerk whilst some just dont understand why theyre changing and they just cant accept it on what have other people told them.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well it happens on mostly everything that allows interacting with other players. People will always compare to things that they have or capable of.
    Usually people don't boast about their superiority and they just know it and keep it to themselves I guess and just use it secretly to make smart moves/gains but uh yeah I kinda feel that this thread isn't really needed much but uh I'm free to be criticized I guess.
    IGN:DragonicYT
    IG:@dragonicyoutube

    very mysterious.

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer Scawt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Where the cold wind blows
    Posts
    590

    Default

    They just wanted attention because they can’t get girls in real life (like me), but i agree that is immature.
    tu me manques.

    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer Tlaloc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    42.4347° N, 83.9850° W
    Posts
    2,885

    Default

    I think it's more of a societal issue, and GT reflects that. It's especially common in the gaming community, because a lot of gamers tend to be straight white guys who aren't exactly going to treat any outsiders of their in-group the same as insiders. Though the white part is a bit less applicable to GT given that it has players literally around the world. I'd say more but it'd probably result in GT Gamergate.

    Also, it really sucks that happened to you, I hope you reported them. It's really crappy when it happens, and I know from experience (though it was racially motivated in my case).

    IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 94 / 125
    900,000 gems / 1,000,000
    Steam
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

  4. #24
    Lesser Wizard slinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Hi NekoWolf!

    Your question regarding the male pubescent players on Growtopia has an extremely easy explanation. They are kids. Growtopia's player base consists of mostly stupid children. Growtopia developers added /ignore for events like this.
    growid: slinkyman

    Proud fisherman - not a good one, but still a fisherman.
    My fishing world: GODSCOUNTRY

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    i treat my male friends like gay but i treat my female friends with respect

    IGN: R4Z

    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv


  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer IWasWeird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Falling in flow of love..
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    i treat my male friends like gay but i treat my female friends with respect
    this

    and yes I still dont get it where do all of these kids learnt something like this its totally not from their parents.

    Some kids often insult me with the F-word or N-word. I'm not offended but I know everyone else is offended when they said this. Not to mention bullies.
    I'm yet to be weird, same goes to others.

    IGN : iCreace | Discord : weird#3325


    "An idot growtopian with weird dreams!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Ok Boomer, thanks for asking!

  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Most of the 5-year-olds are extremely religious 200iq individuals that can't think for themselves.
    In certain middle eastern and Asian countries where (a certain religion) exists, gay people are likely to
    get beaten and tortured to death.
    imagine blaming a religion for hate, pretty sure all of their teachings are not to hate on each other or even go to manslaughter, those countries are a different case.
    Last edited by Liquify; 01-11-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    IGN : Liquify


  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    The ones doing the berating are adolescent edge-lords that are (probably…hopefully) not actually making those remarks to perpetuate some sort of sexist culture. They are addicted to peer approval and cannot validate or entertain themselves without making others feel worse. I am no psychologist, but I would venture to claim their transgressions are a projection of their own insecurities, that they probably are immature socially and genuinely believe in self-righteousness of their in-group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    Just remember you're being berated by young kids. Kids are stupid.
    Yeah, basically this. The best you can do is pin public accountability on them; unfortunately, the game’s overlords have deemed the community holding people responsible for their actions a form of bullying. So discussing why making sexist remarks is bad and reaffirming that most everyone that is not twelve years old views those remarks as immature will have to be done by their peers…oh god, what a cycle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc1 View Post
    I think it's more of a societal issue, and GT reflects that. It's especially common in the gaming community, because a lot of gamers tend to be straight white guys who aren't exactly going to treat any outsiders of their in-group the same as insiders. Though the white part is a bit less applicable to GT given that it has players literally around the world. I'd say more but it'd probably result in GT Gamergate.

    Also, it really sucks that happened to you, I hope you reported them. It's really crappy when it happens, and I know from experience (though it was racially motivated in my case).
    While the internet encompasses most of the developed world, I think the “gamer” community is especially toxic — in the truest sense nonetheless. That speaks to a magnitude unprecedented; we coexist with groups that believe very hateful things, and yet, those groups are seldom talked about because they at least keep to themselves. The gamer community toxic because they are comprised largely of these unscrupulous children on an ego high.

    As aforesaid, they probably are far too immature reality for peer affirmation, which is why I have always gone with the approach that forces them to answer to a community rather than an authority — something apparently not tolerated here. It is different when Ubisoft tacitly coaxes the continuance of toxicity by issuing meaningless punishments — it become a game! But honestly, just observing the Growtopia community, most rational people that had done wrong had either changed or fled the community when confronted. I should refrain from using recent examples, but cases like Paine and JakeShore were both handled entirely by the community, and there were zero problems in reaching a resolve.

    But I am always curious as to what the anonymity factor does. Does it amplify these behaviors because they have no one to answer to, even when their account does? I have no really found a good psychological breakdown of internet culture and anonymity (well, we know what anonymity does), but I think it would be pretty interesting to read something comprehensive.


    Agh, I’ve become incredibly loquacious and tangential again. Pardon my wall of text.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I speak when I need to. Don’t count me out yet!

    Contact Info:

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Different cultures and teenage. Some ask from me what my husband thinks when i play with boys. And i'm like öö, if i would have husband, it wouldn't be his business with who i hang out. But in some countries, man actually has power to control their wife. Kids also thinks that i fake my gender so they are extremely rude for me, cause they think that i'm fake. Also my age, ppl attack me cause they think that i lie and i'm 13yo in reality. So there is much reasons why they do this.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer Sharox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    755

    Default

    I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I must admit everything you just said hits close to home. I never let it get to me though because toxicity is toxicity, it doesn't care for your race, gender, age, sexuality, or morals. The only thing it does is piss me off because it discourages other female gamers from playing.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

  11. #31
    Lesser Wizard Stardust1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    place
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I think anyone would get treated like poop by trolls. I've been told to die and that they'll rape my mum but you tend to just ignore em after a while.

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    How dare you assume my gender?

    Guys get told the most horrific things too, but they don't take it too seriously.
    Ephus I never assumed your gender, also, I swear I've been called 'sir' more times than anything else 🤣 Even if I'm clearly wearing a 'girl' set I'll get called 'sir' or 'bro'. I feel like some people in Growtopia see the entire community as boys only.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to dragons 🐉
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    -
    PFP: topazi 😭😭

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Ephus I never assumed your gender, also, I swear I've been called 'sir' more times than anything else ������ Even if I'm clearly wearing a 'girl' set I'll get called 'sir' or 'bro'. I feel like some people in Growtopia see the entire community as boys only.
    They are still trying to be nice by saying like something respectful like "thanks bro" or "thanks sir", they may not know "ma'am".

    You can't expect much from kids, kids are stupid.

    Yes, you assumed my gender "I believe you are a male".
    I'm actually a motorcycle.

    You do not need to be offended by someone calling you "bro" or "sir".

  14. #34
    Lesser Wizard Stardust1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    place
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    They are still trying to be nice by saying like something respectful like "thanks bro" or "thanks sir", they may not know "ma'am".

    You can't expect much from kids, kids are stupid.

    Yes, you assumed my gender "I believe you are a male".
    I'm actually a motorcycle.

    You do not need to be offended by someone calling you "bro" or "sir".
    OMG u are so brave for coming out to us. the fact that someone would assume your gender scares me cuz wut if one day, my gender is also assumed

  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer Sharox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    They are still trying to be nice by saying like something respectful like "thanks bro" or "thanks sir", they may not know "ma'am".

    You can't expect much from kids, kids are stupid.

    Yes, you assumed my gender "I believe you are a male".
    I'm actually a motorcycle.

    You do not need to be offended by someone calling you "bro" or "sir".
    Why is it you think they'll know "sir" but not "ma'am?" Are you really downplaying everything a child does because they're "stupid?" Children are very intelligent and do have their own kind of empathy. They just lack something I would describe as maturity.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer NotSeedTopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Malay-asia
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Also, the word 'gay' should NOT BE AN INSULT.
    "gembira" ~ me 2k20
    But in all seriousness though, using the word 'gay' as an insult unironically is quite childish imo.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Also, what's up with using 'id do something to your mom' as an insult.
    I agree that those insults are stupid.
    Last edited by NotSeedTopian; 01-11-2020 at 05:27 PM. Reason: half asleep lol
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,710

    Default

    Strange... I've never seen anything like that

    They may be either ignorant kids or misogynists, just ignore their disgusting actions or words (especially misogynists) because they'll end up with bad karma in the end without anything done to them
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharox View Post
    Why is it you think they'll know "sir" but not "ma'am?" Are you really downplaying everything a child does because they're "stupid?" Children are very intelligent and do have their own kind of empathy. They just lack something I would describe as maturity.
    Everyone is not from the US, everyone doesn't know the word ma'am.
    Children have their own kind of empathy, but they still are kids.

    Also, "bro" is a general word used by both genders to both genders.
    They do not mean any bad by saying for example "thanks bro". Also, you don't need to make everything offensive.
    This isn't only happening to females, this happens to everyone, so don't you claim that it only happens to females.

    You do not know how many times I've been called "gay" or the "b" word.

    I learnt the word "ma'am" when I was 13, and yet I come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world.

    You can't expect everyone to behave the way you want them to, especially high IQd children.

  19. #39
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Everyone is not from the US, everyone doesn't know the word ma'am.
    Children have their own kind of empathy, but they still are kids.

    Also, "bro" is a general word used by both genders to both genders.
    They do not mean any bad by saying for example "thanks bro". Also, you don't need to make everything offensive.
    This isn't only happening to females, this happens to everyone, so don't you claim that it only happens to females.

    You do not know how many times I've been called "gay" or the "b" word.

    I learnt the word "ma'am" when I was 13, and yet I come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world.

    You can't expect everyone to behave the way you want them to, especially high IQd children.
    that's one of the points I'm trying to push lol thanks Ephus.
    IGN:DragonicYT
    IG:@dragonicyoutube

    very mysterious.

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer Sharox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Everyone is not from the US, everyone doesn't know the word ma'am.
    Children have their own kind of empathy, but they still are kids.

    Also, "bro" is a general word used by both genders to both genders.
    They do not mean any bad by saying for example "thanks bro". Also, you don't need to make everything offensive.
    This isn't only happening to females, this happens to everyone, so don't you claim that it only happens to females.

    You do not know how many times I've been called "gay" or the "b" word.

    I learnt the word "ma'am" when I was 13, and yet I come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world.

    You can't expect everyone to behave the way you want them to, especially high IQd children.
    It's not fair to assume everyone doesn't know the term "ma'am" just because of your experience. No, I'm not offended rather just don't agree with you blaming children's offensive actions on stupidity.

    I can agree there's definitely a problem with harassment against guys and just anyone in general but there's a significantly more higher rate against females. Specifically males attacking females which Mistie points out in this thread. I don't think you realize girls are generally easy targets in the gaming community. It's a widespread issue, not just on Growtopia. Anywho...your comments are counter productive to the topic.
    Last edited by Sharox; 01-12-2020 at 01:03 AM.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •