Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are male players treated so differently than females players?

Default Why are male players treated so differently than females players?

Hi, Mistie here. I'd like to know why male players in growtopia are treated so differently than females. Like the other day I was in a 'BUY+' world, looking for a specific item, and these 3 players came up to me wouldn't stop crowding and following me. They said AWFUL things. LIKE EXTREMELY AWFUL. Just imagine the worst things you could say/say you'd do to a female and that's what they said. I wanted them to stop, so I tried something. I put on some 'male' hair (messy brown hair), and told them I was a guy. They said "oh you gay" and left me alone finally. I've experienced countless situations like this & don't understand why some guys have to be so rude and immature. I've been told to go back into the kitchen and make a sandwich, or go back to cleaning the house, etc. It's probably just where I live there's a lot of freedom for women, but I just hate how common it is to encounter these toxic players in Growtopia. Most of the time I just report or ignore their rude remarks, but it's just so common now. Also, what's up with using 'id do something to your mom' as an insult. ._. Also, the word 'gay' should NOT BE AN INSULT. It's disgusting how these are both used as insults.
    -
    Leave opinions below please <3
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    COFFEE & WOOL at 7HDU 200/wl

Lesson number 1 in the new GT

Never take anyone seriously. At all. Their IQ is too low it’s not even worth it to waste energy on them. All you can do is chuckle at their feeble attempt and move on. Because you’re the goddess of your own life.
    Hi I'm Romai Mori! You can call me Mori for short
    IGN: Morianna

Come to ITZY for (hopefully) reasonably priced Startopia Tools!

I have now been reborn as a Koreaboo who is only loyal to ITZY.

Quote Originally Posted by Romai Mori View Post
    Lesson number 1 in the new GT

Never take anyone seriously. At all. Their IQ is too low it’s not even worth it to waste energy on them. All you can do is chuckle at their feeble attempt and move on. Because you’re the goddess of your own life.
    that is extremely 100% true
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    -
    Worlds:
    [🥳] TheMenorah

Lesser Knight

I’m a guy. I think you’re right but I never experienced what you did (obviously). I had a friend who was a girl and didn’t tell me before being friends for over a year, then she did. She told me it’s because she feels like girls are always made fun of in the game and this broke my heart. She liked frogs a lot
    🇨🇦Your fellow Canadian meme guy.🇨🇦

Meme account :https://www.instagram.com/gt.yummemes/

Well first- gamer girls are like not treated well in general

Second-growtopia has a pretty toxic community if u couldnt tell :,)
    do you wanna build a snowman?~

Quote Originally Posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
    i wanna die but like i dont
    Quote Originally Posted by u/language-enthusiast
    TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
    MAMA MIA

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Hi, Mistie here. I'd like to know why male players in growtopia are treated so differently than females. Like the other day I was in a 'BUY+' world, looking for a specific item, and these 3 players came up to me wouldn't stop crowding and following me. They said AWFUL things. LIKE EXTREMELY AWFUL. Just imagine the worst things you could say/say you'd do to a female and that's what they said. I wanted them to stop, so I tried something. I put on some 'male' hair (messy brown hair), and told them I was a guy. They said "oh you gay" and left me alone finally. I've experienced countless situations like this & don't understand why some guys have to be so rude and immature. I've been told to go back into the kitchen and make a sandwich, or go back to cleaning the house, etc. It's probably just where I live there's a lot of freedom for women, but I just hate how common it is to encounter these toxic players in Growtopia. Most of the time I just report or ignore their rude remarks, but it's just so common now. Also, what's up with using 'id do something to your mom' as an insult. ._. Also, the word 'gay' should NOT BE AN INSULT. It's disgusting how these are both used as insults.
    -
    Just remember that it's probably just some random kids who have nothing better to do than bother a fellow pixel.....

(coming from your friendly kermit...)

I dont get spoken to outside of friends on gt and I am glad that I dont (am dude if wanted to know )

also I have never seen someone talk about my little ol' mother but if they do........
    (just fill this in with something not disney friendly)
    lazers≠explosions

MrTorgue

It's actually just guys in puberty, there have been many papers made on this topic, but what they all can agree on is that some guys will try to get a female's attention with negative things. The best thing to do is just to ignore them even if it is hard

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

Banned

Kids will be kids, you can decide for yourself if it's your problem. If you take it too seriously, you get offended, but if you don't take seriously, nothing.

It isn't just females. It happens to everyone, don't think that your gender affects anything here. The kids are just jealous.

-
    I’ve played GT for a long time and have honestly never seen anything like this, which makes me shocked to hear it happends often. Maybe with an exception for dating worlds. Anyways, I bet almost all are dumb kids, so keep reporting or ignoring them.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Kids will be kids, you can decide for yourself if it's your problem. If you take it too seriously, you get offended, but if you don't take seriously, nothing.

It isn't just females. It happens to everyone, don't think that your gender affects anything here. The kids are just jealous.
    Actually, my gender does affect alot of the things said to me. You're a guy right? Anyone ever tell you to go back to the kitchen because that's where you belong? And that women are supposed to be servants to men?
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    -
    Worlds:
    [🥳] TheMenorah

Master Sorcerer

Disgusting...

Actually, my gender does affect alot of the things said to me. You're a guy right? Anyone ever tell you to go back to the kitchen because that's where you belong? And that women are supposed to be servants to men?
    Of course not. I believe that most people grow up civilized. So technically we don't do that. Gender equality is a thing, yes. Also, I try to respect every woman I see irl and in-game so I don't offend them of course.
    ~~~~ SixFace

Important words to consider:

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

Just remember you're being berated by young kids. Kids are stupid.
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014