Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 72

Thread: Why are male players treated so differently than females players?

  1. #37
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,896

    Default

    Strange... I've never seen anything like that

    They may be either ignorant kids or misogynists, just ignore their disgusting actions or words (especially misogynists) because they'll end up with bad karma in the end without anything done to them
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and otaku
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

  2. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharox View Post
    Why is it you think they'll know "sir" but not "ma'am?" Are you really downplaying everything a child does because they're "stupid?" Children are very intelligent and do have their own kind of empathy. They just lack something I would describe as maturity.
    Everyone is not from the US, everyone doesn't know the word ma'am.
    Children have their own kind of empathy, but they still are kids.

    Also, "bro" is a general word used by both genders to both genders.
    They do not mean any bad by saying for example "thanks bro". Also, you don't need to make everything offensive.
    This isn't only happening to females, this happens to everyone, so don't you claim that it only happens to females.

    You do not know how many times I've been called "gay" or the "b" word.

    I learnt the word "ma'am" when I was 13, and yet I come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world.

    You can't expect everyone to behave the way you want them to, especially high IQd children.

  3. #39
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Everyone is not from the US, everyone doesn't know the word ma'am.
    Children have their own kind of empathy, but they still are kids.

    Also, "bro" is a general word used by both genders to both genders.
    They do not mean any bad by saying for example "thanks bro". Also, you don't need to make everything offensive.
    This isn't only happening to females, this happens to everyone, so don't you claim that it only happens to females.

    You do not know how many times I've been called "gay" or the "b" word.

    I learnt the word "ma'am" when I was 13, and yet I come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world.

    You can't expect everyone to behave the way you want them to, especially high IQd children.
    that's one of the points I'm trying to push lol thanks Ephus.
    IGN:DragonicYT
    IG:@dragonicyoutube

    very mysterious.

  4. #40
    Master Sorcerer Sharox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Everyone is not from the US, everyone doesn't know the word ma'am.
    Children have their own kind of empathy, but they still are kids.

    Also, "bro" is a general word used by both genders to both genders.
    They do not mean any bad by saying for example "thanks bro". Also, you don't need to make everything offensive.
    This isn't only happening to females, this happens to everyone, so don't you claim that it only happens to females.

    You do not know how many times I've been called "gay" or the "b" word.

    I learnt the word "ma'am" when I was 13, and yet I come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world.

    You can't expect everyone to behave the way you want them to, especially high IQd children.
    It's not fair to assume everyone doesn't know the term "ma'am" just because of your experience. No, I'm not offended rather just don't agree with you blaming children's offensive actions on stupidity.

    I can agree there's definitely a problem with harassment against guys and just anyone in general but there's a significantly more higher rate against females. Specifically males attacking females which Mistie points out in this thread. I don't think you realize girls are generally easy targets in the gaming community. It's a widespread issue, not just on Growtopia. Anywho...your comments are counter productive to the topic.
    Last edited by Sharox; 01-12-2020 at 01:03 AM.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

  5. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharox View Post
    It's not fair to assume everyone doesn't know the term "ma'am" just because of your experience. No, I'm not offended rather just don't agree with you blaming children's offensive actions on stupidity.

    I can agree there's defintely a problem with harassment against guys and just anyone in general but there's a significantly more higher rate against females. Specifically males attacking females which Mistie points out in this thread. I don't think you realize girls are generally easy targets in the gaming community. It's a widespread issue, not just on Growtopia. Anywho...your comments are counter productive to the topic.
    Why do we even need to bring gender differences into this?
    Because in the end, kids attack everyone. Females do not get "harassed" any more than what others do.

    Also, I'm not blaming children's "offensive" behavior on stupidity, I'm blaming it on them being CHILDREN.

    You have no proof of "girls being easy targets in the gaming community", because that's simply not true.
    You can't say that "my comments are counter productive to the topic" without a based argument.
    No need to bring feminism into this.

  6. #42
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Why do we even need to bring gender differences into this?
    Because in the end, kids attack everyone. Females do not get "harassed" any more than what others do.

    Also, I'm not blaming children's "offensive" behavior on stupidity, I'm blaming it on them being CHILDREN.

    You have no proof of "girls being easy targets in the gaming community", because that's simply not true.
    You can't say that "my comments are counter productive to the topic" without a based argument.
    No need to bring feminism into this.
    Ephus hun, you've never walked a day in our shoes. You do not know what some females have to endure. Especially in the gamer community, females are often harassed especially in this community. There is clearly a divide between females and males.
    -
    The growtopia community is not only 'kids'. Sometimes (in-game) guys who claimed they were older than me told me they were going to do stuff that is not appropriate for a game like growtopia. They make crude and inappropriate comments on us that can really hurt our feelings. You just fail to understand the truth.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    COFFEE & WOOL at 7HDU 200/wl

  7. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Ephus hun, you've never walked a day in our shoes. You do not know what some females have to endure. Especially in the gamer community, females are often harassed especially in this community. There is clearly a divide between females and males.
    -
    The growtopia community is not only 'kids'. Sometimes (in-game) guys who claimed they were older than me told me they were going to do stuff that is not appropriate for a game like growtopia. They make crude and inappropriate comments on us that can really hurt our feelings. You just fail to understand the truth.
    You just fail to understand that this happens to everyone. And nobody lies about their age, right?

    You do know what everyone has to endure, but you refuse the fact that this is happening to everyone regardless of their gender.
    Then you come in here and claim that it is only happening to females? You've never walked in our shoes either, so you don't
    have much say either, I at least accept the fact that this happens to everyone, and I have learned to just ignore those kinds of
    people and move on.

    This has nothing to do with gender. Everyone gets the same amount of toxicity.

    The comments that everyone face hurts the feelings of those people who can't ignore people. You need to grow a thicker skin.

  8. #44
    Master Sorcerer TheNightmxre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    961

    Default

    as much as people think that gt is some sophisticated adult run mature game it is in reality majority filled with kids. very young kids.
    on top of that, compared to other MMOs a VERY large portion of the game don't take english as their first language and are bad at it.
    so what do you get when you mix young kids who aren't good at english and a anonymous platform? every insult they can think of. i can guarantee some players don't even know what "gay" or some other "insult" means and are just spamming it because if they said something in their language you wouldn't understand.

    realise that the games community(or should i say a portion of it) are very toxic.People that scam, betray others, and would do anything for wls, if they can do all this why would they be a respectful person?

    and the people that say "Sir", simply say it because they either think you are a pro or they want something from you (usually a donation). they go to literally every player in big name trade worlds and do the same thing where they call you sir for a bit and then ask for wls. they are more focused on if your character has expensive items than if your character looks like a girl.

    on the topic of male players getting treated differently, it's complicated.

    people in gt aren't like people in other games, despite what people seem to think. il give the example of Overwatch or any fps game really.

    if you are female in Overwatch and speak in voice, chances are you are gonna get a bunch of either trolls or thirsty dudes.and they are gonna blame you and insult you simply because you are a girl. the amount of toxicity against females in those games are pretty insane.and they aren't kids either.

    but in gt the players don't care if you are male female or whatever. they will insult anything and anyone. if they tell you to "make a sandwich" (which in my 5 years of playing this game i have never seen happen),they are just trying to get in your head, and it works. just try switching accounts your changing your set to look male and watch as you still get the same amount of insults thrown right in your face. yea, they won't tell you to make a sandwich. instead they will tell you all the things they were doing to your mom last night and spam every swear word they know followed by every swear word in their native language.

    But with all the people that are willing to turn their back on friends for profit and scam others, is it really the insults that hurt people in this game?
    hello

    Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

  9. #45
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    You just fail to understand that this happens to everyone. And nobody lies about their age, right?

    You do know what everyone has to endure, but you refuse the fact that this is happening to everyone regardless of their gender.
    Then you come in here and claim that it is only happening to females? You've never walked in our shoes either, so you don't
    have much say either, I at least accept the fact that this happens to everyone, and I have learned to just ignore those kinds of
    people and move on.

    This has nothing to do with gender. Everyone gets the same amount of toxicity.

    The comments that everyone face hurts the feelings of those people who can't ignore people. You need to grow a thicker skin.
    I understand that both genders get harassed, I'm saying females get harassed way more than males. I feel like most guys see girls as more vulnerable, therefore easier to pick on and harass. Some guys also may feel that because I'm a girl, they're immediately superior to me. So yeah, gender MATTERS. We sometimes get told some awful and disgusting stuff, worse than you males do.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    COFFEE & WOOL at 7HDU 200/wl

  10. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    I understand that both genders get harassed, I'm saying females get harassed way more than males. I feel like most guys see girls as more vulnerable, therefore easier to pick on and harass. Some guys also may feel that because I'm a girl, they're immediately superior to me. So yeah, gender MATTERS. We sometimes get told some awful and disgusting stuff, worse than you males do.
    That's not a Growtopia thing, rarely happens in Growtopia, in other games, probably does.

    Also, I have been told the worst things you can imagine many times, but I have the emotional ability not to care that much about it.
    Females are usually more emotional, so they may take it more seriously, and it may hurt their feelings more.

    While on the topic of that, just today, a female player was berating me with the worst things that one could say, and then decided to do a SB about how I scammed her.
    (Which I didn't do).

    I just laughed it off and ignored her.


    Now, we should stop this unnecessary drama, to avoid punishments.
    Last edited by HugeLock; 01-11-2020 at 07:25 PM.

  11. #47
    Lesser Wizard JonnyPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Trapped in Growopia
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Really, I don't even know how those people think in their head lol.
    Make the most out of life. Be happy and do all the things you want to do.

    Click the link if you are interested in seeing some my hilarious content!
    http://www.Youtube.com/c/JonnyPlaysGT?sub_confirmation=1

    As usual, have a spectacular day.

  12. #48
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    The heck were you in a world like TOWNTOPIA or LOVE or were you just in a random world? Thats pretty terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    How dare you assume my gender?
    hugelock is a girl confirmed

    Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet


    My english is deteriotiating :[

    Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •