Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The problem with story worlds

My issue with this is that for a parkour world to win wotd it is expected that it has some story elements, despite not many being too interested in it.
    Usually those stories tend to be of very low quality, because duh, having a good story won't better your world in the view of the majority, which also includes the people that pick wotds.
    Many world creators are quite young, or have poor english skills as well.
    This leads to even the few people that would usually be interested in or snoop about the story due to curiosity to mostly ignore it.

Going the non-convential route and excluding a story when you don't think it fits the theme of your world could very easily be regarded as absence of effort, so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    Eh, I agree, but the way I go about this is that if at least one person will enjoy my world, I'll go on and build it anyway. It's better to think positively.
    This is similar to what I do.
    -
    It's true that lots of people don't bother reading stories, but yeah, 'lots of people' and not all of them, this small fraction of people will truly appreciate your work which is the reason why I love making story-based worlds. Just build a world and it'll gain recognition; if it doesn't, PM me and I'll read the hell out of your stories and will totally recognise your work.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

This is because most of the stories are really really bad. Most people growtopia-aged don't know how to write stories, and I can't be bothered to read their attempts.

I mean some stories are good but... not very many
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

Considering that a percentage of players do not speak english and are basically underaged children, it is pointless to write philosophy or literacy in Growtopia unless you target a specific audience (Which means not World of The Day).

Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    Considering that a percentage of players do not speak english and are basically underaged children, it is pointless to write philosophy or literacy in Growtopia unless you target a specific audience (Which means not World of The Day).
    Many children's books integrate philosophy in their stories. It shouldn't be impossible. The challenge is combating children's impulse to continuously look for more. Teachers are commendable because of the complex lessons they've finetuned to cater with the unskilled and young audience. Skilled world builders aiming for WOTD must remain to instill a similar mindset when driven by the intention of setting goal narratives. Complacency begets complacency and should not be rewarded with a WOTD trophy.
    "The only other thing I hate is having to waste my time reading this signature."

❖ YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/MemeHero/

❖ Info:
    IGN: MemeHero -- (GL) of MEMES.
    Level: 75
    2013 player.

❖ Worlds:
    > MEMES
    > WHIM
    > HUNGERGAMES
    > FNAFWORLD

❖ Goals:
    1. Get a WOTD and a VOTD.
    2. Become known for something.
    3. Be the first to discover a recipe for a new item.

Join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUOfficial2013/
    - MemeHero, Owner of Growtopia University.

builders write stories so that they get even more motivated in finishing a world

although ppl won't read it
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

I have a dream of bulding of deep story worlds, until i seen this thread, my dream turned to ashes...
    Just a weird forumer

~Insert more non-sense content here~

Discord: Felixcesar15#8880

Join forumers united