Thread: Someone hacked me and can still log onto my account even after changing my pass.

Default Someone hacked me and can still log onto my account even after changing my pass.

So, on new years eve i got hacked. i had downloaded a game from this site and it said it needed adminstrator access (had never happened before). i gave it and i got informed later that it's something that leaks our GT stuff. A.K.A. someone put something on the file (save.dat stealer maybe?). When i logged in, the game told me that my pc was a new device (2FA), i was confused, gave it access and nothing had been stolen. Later the same day i went on my account and it told me the 2FA thing again. I gave my pc access again and saw that my items were stolen. I changed my password and just recently i downloaded GT back onto my pc and when logging in, i got the 2FA thing again. I gave my pc access once again and Nothing was wrong. I was wearing a specific set of items and later when i got on my account, i saw the items were different, which means that the guy still has access to my account. What could i do to secure my account fully on my pc, please tell me if you know ANYTHING.

Thanks if you read it through and maybe helped me.
    Yo, i am Ronn and i am known as URNOTRONN in different games, i can be found in instagram with the name URNOTRONN aswell.

My IGN: URNOTRONN
    My instagram: @urnotronn
    My worlds: RONN and such as farms :P
    I am currently level 74 in GT.
    I hold 7 rings in my inventory.
    I have 8 different untradeable items.

You can freely message me in Growtopia or in instagram, if you have questions, message me ingame or in instagram, @urnotronn https://www.instagram.com/urnotronn/?hl=en

That's the reason why you don't download random stuff from random links ladies and gentlemans.

Also if you say you did change your password and that didn't help, try doing these steps:
    • Change email password and/or email.
    After that change your account password and see if you're getting hacked again. If you're still getting hacked I'd suggest you to:
    • Create new email and don't login with it through computer (Obviously you won't be able to play gt as well cause he might still have your info after you've changed it and logged in (reason below has more details why))
    • Fully factory reset your computer cause you might have installed keylogger with that suspicious game (Highly recommended, but before that save important files)
    After you did that change everything.
    By everything I mean:
    • Email password or even email
    • Growtopia account password and IGN if possible.
    Then contact support and if you had AAP turned on before you got hacked and they can actually confirm it you'll get your items back

Keep in mind — Download apps ONLY from official websites. Do NOT trust random websites. And use different passwords everywhere, also if possible - Enable 2 factory authentication for safety reasons! That will keep you more safer.

Hope that helps.
    Discord: Moksej#3335
    IGN: Moksej
    Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/93CXDj3

Join us now: https://discord.gg/UhBdxvr

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    That's the reason why you don't download random stuff from random links ladies and gentlemans.

Also if you say you did change your password and that didn't help, try doing these steps:
    • Change email password and/or email.
    After that change your account password and see if you're getting hacked again. If you're still getting hacked I'd suggest you to:
    • Create new email and don't login with it through computer (Obviously you won't be able to play gt as well cause he might still have your info after you've changed it and logged in (reason below has more details why))
    • Fully factory reset your computer cause you might have installed keylogger with that suspicious game (Highly recommended, but before that save important files)
    After you did that change everything.
    By everything I mean:
    • Email password or even email
    • Growtopia account password and IGN if possible.
    Then contact support and if you had AAP turned on before you got hacked and they can actually confirm it you'll get your items back

Keep in mind — Download apps ONLY from official websites. Do NOT trust random websites. And use different passwords everywhere, also if possible - Enable 2 factory authentication for safety reasons! That will keep you more safer.

Hope that helps.

i just resetted my pc, hope this works. Is it possible for someone to still have your save.dat information after resetting the pc? I'm just really cautious.
    Yo, i am Ronn and i am known as URNOTRONN in different games, i can be found in instagram with the name URNOTRONN aswell.

You can freely message me in Growtopia or in instagram, if you have questions, message me ingame or in instagram, @urnotronn https://www.instagram.com/urnotronn/?hl=en

Master Sorcerer

depends what you mean by 'reset'
    no, the keylogger won't be on your computer if you reset it to factory settings, but if you restored to an image/backup that was created when you still had it, then it will most certainly be there.

make sure to change all your passwords, and probably set up 2FA on your email or something of the sort to protect yourself in the future

yes they could still have your 'save.dat' (I thought they got rid of that method of being able to steal it and it working but ok...)
    if you change your password it wont change the save.dat that they have.

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    depends what you mean by 'reset'
    no, the keylogger won't be on your computer if you reset it to factory settings, but if you restored to an image/backup that was created when you still had it, then it will most certainly be there.

make sure to change all your passwords, and probably set up 2FA on your email or something of the sort to protect yourself in the future

yes they could still have your 'save.dat' (I thought they got rid of that method of being able to steal it and it working but ok...)
    if you change your password it wont change the save.dat that they have.

i did a factory reset. also i have 2FA on pretty much everything. i got all the different protection things on my gmail. i got 2FA on my gt account too and idk how the person got onto my account. i just hope that the factory reset fixes my issue.

You know theres another way to get rid of stealer without reseting your pc.. antivirus.. or get rid of it by manually

Cover is not the book
    So open it up and take a look
    'Cause under the covers one discovers
    That the king may be a crook

For a cover is nice
    But a cover is not the book

Quote Originally Posted by UkyoKuonji View Post
    You know theres another way to get rid of stealer without reseting your pc.. antivirus.. or get rid of it by manually
    Antiviruses didn't detect it, getting rid of it manually is really hard. it was simple for me to just reset my PC.

I just got banned for 730 days and i do not know why. Just why..?

Master Sorcerer

he probably still had access to your account.

contact support and tell them your situation, that you factory reset your PC, and he still had access to your account after you changed password. Also that you had AAP enabled, and they should be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by URNOTRONN View Post
    I just got banned for 730 days and i do not know why. Just why..?
    The reason you probably got banned is - Support is investigating your account and they banned it so no more new logs would appear.
    Discord: Moksej#3335
    IGN: Moksej
    Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/93CXDj3

Join us now: https://discord.gg/UhBdxvr

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    The reason you probably got banned is - Support is investigating your account and they banned it so no more new logs would appear.
    Responded late, but i hope so too. The other option is that the hacker still got access to my account and got it banned.

Your best bet is to contact support. Hopefully everything gets sorted out.