Thread: GHC or Mag?

Default GHC or Mag?

I currently have 2 magplants. Is it a smart move to sell them to afford to buy a ghc during valentine or is it best to keep the mags?
    Professional poster

[Goals]
    ·Scam 100DL [REDACTED/100DL]
    ·Be alive [Never complete]
    ·Become the president of the US [Completed]

Contact me:

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    I currently have 2 magplants. Is it a smart move to sell them to afford to buy a ghc during valentine or is it best to keep the mags?
    It depends TBH...

If you are not busy, you can profit more from farming with those magplants and the other way around.

Normally,(not all the time though), item prices always are made so that it isn't profitable if you had a unlimited amount of wls to spend.

This isn't true with solely new items(or limited items).

Unfortunately for you,GHC is an old item. It cost many dls and is most likely not profitable to try to get. This means you can't convert your two mags(about 40 dls) to a GHC (90 dls) with a good chance.

I'd say your chances would be so-so(if I had to guess,PURELY GUESSING, not using statics or even research, you would have a 10-15% chance of getting the GHC).

The real question is, are you willing to waste 40 dls to,if you don't get the GHC, get about 10 dls or less of random "junk" items?
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

GHC, if you are willing to have your liquid assets turned into a GHC for around 2 months and can wait for it to rise.

If not, keep the magplants.
    Growtopian name- Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Normally,(not all the time though), item prices always are made so that it isn't profitable if you had a unlimited amount of wls to spend.

Unfortunately for you,GHC is an old item. It cost many dls and is most likely not profitable to try to get. This means you can't convert your two mags(about 40 dls) to a GHC (90 dls) with a good chance.

I'd say your chances would be so-so(if I had to guess,PURELY GUESSING, not using statics or even research, you would have a 10-15% chance of getting the GHC).

The real question is, are you willing to waste 40 dls to,if you don't get the GHC, get about 10 dls or less of random "junk" items?
    I have around ~30dls extra in my bp and i did some "research" to find that it was around 52dls during valentine. That'd mean if I sold my mags, I should have enough to afford one. The question I'm asking is, is it worth it?
    Professional poster

[Goals]
    ·Scam 100DL [REDACTED/100DL]
    ·Be alive [Never complete]
    ·Become the president of the US [Completed]

Contact me:

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post

I think you have it wrong, he might be asking if he should sell his mags and buy a ghc with dls, so that he can sell later in the year when it rises.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh like others have said, you could make a lot if you used the mags, and mags are rising (albeit slowly) as well. But if they’re just lying there collecting dust, ghc would probs make you more profit

Master Sorcerer

In the long run, Mags will give you more profit (ability to do BFG, 5 full Chand/LGrid farms a day literally gives you a DL and more a day). GHC takes a while to rise once V Week is over. I vote just keep your Mags and farm more so you can afford to buy a GHC without having to sacrifice your Mags.
    IGN: Garral

Don't sell your mags now because CNY is coming and it is a farming event so mags are probably going to rise ( it's only a prediction by me ).
    I have been playing this game since 2016!

I'm the guy who often misspelled growtopia to "groetopia"

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    You could try risking all your wls to buy golden booty chests, the very very very lowest ghc can be this year I'd say is 65. However, the chance of you getting a ghc is very low. Good luck!