Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: The honest opinion on those who moderate this game (About BFGs too ig)

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer ScammePlse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I funded Ubisoft's server
    Posts
    1,943

    Default The honest opinion on those who moderate this game (About BFGs too ig)

    You know back then I went ahead and foolishly agree upon the idea that Ubisoft needed more manpower to handle this game's issue. But now, I came to the conclusion that its not the "man" in manpower Ubisoft needed. But it's the power, in manpower.

    For now over a year I've been on the forum. Back then, there were some moderators (but a few). Now we got guardians, we got more moderators, but yet... from what I see, this game has only been steadily going downhills... and now results began showing, there seems to be no improvement on this game's status. Look at the casino worlds recommendations in EXIT... more than ever have I seen in my entire GT playtime. Look at the bots still spamming in popular worlds.

    Moderator... they want respect, they want fun, they want everyone to enjoy the fun. When you become a moderator, you'll probably retain all those factors and you'll carry a portion of the larger burden the entire Ubisoft team is holding onto. In the face of your community, you'll try to do what's needed, and you know what's for the best and try to connect and communicate with their players... but you know... shet pisses me off.

    Here's what you guys wrote on the Growtopian Code:
    Name:  GT4.png
Views: 566
Size:  7.8 KB

    Here's the kind of example of "they are volunteers that are keeping the game in check" kind of guy, you got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hiya

    Not too sure why you think your BFG is our responsibility. You're asking us to be available 24/7 to make sure you can make profit off of people who you're not willing to watch over. Almost like you want us to be your employees, rather than paying your own admins.

    You think we should start banning BUY+ worlds because there are spambots. This confuses me. Why would a BUY+ world owner get banned for someone else sticking spambots in their world telling players to go to OTHER worlds? There is absolutely no benefit for the BUY+ world owner.

    Imagine this real life rendition of your scenario: You're in a self-serve store. Someone's shouting near the door that you can buy surgery equipment in another store somewhere else. The police show up, arrest him, then the self-serve store gets closed for "allowing" this kind of disruption.

    Cool. BUY+ world is banned now; an innocent offline player removed from Growtopia.

    The BFG scenario in real life: You own a factory, but you don't pay your workers. Anybody can come and work in your factory. All of a sudden, a couple of workers seem to be getting you more profit than the others, but they don't appear to be doing anything special from what you can see. The police show up, arrest these two workers for cheating the system, then your factory gets shut down and you get banned for allowing your workers to cheat. This is because you're gaining the profit for them cheating.

    Wow. BFG world got nuked because it didn't stop the auto-farmers... I wonder what we can do to fix this so it doesn't happen? Hmm...

    Close your "factory" when you're not there. Simple fix. Stop letting people use your BFG. If you can't monitor your own world, you might not be qualified to run a BFG. It's your responsibility.

    Hopefully this cleared things up for you!

    Much love,

    ~ Anonymous
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...th-auto-farmer Quote was on the 5th tab I believe..

    Now, I got an infraction on this shet. And I'll be happy to explain why I called this guy what I called, and why I'm rude. And also, to the dude who gave me a infraction. I read the rules... several times. And sure, this is a post from a moderator, but I never made it clear who it was, now did I? I covered the names in the quote. You people just like to start off with an obvious greeting for polite reasonings (which I happily included). Course this particular mod post, starts natural, ends as if some devil possessed the guy.

    Anyways, back on track. Now to start off, I've already knew about those rules for BFGing the Ubisoft team had made and implemented for players to regulate. But yeah, no. Realistically enough, anybody can break that rule as simple as they break any rule your game has ever implemented. You let us regulate autofarmers, we ban them for an hour. They come back. Ban them they come back. Yeah, no we don't have that potential in regulating autofarmers cause there is no such thing as permabans. And for other factors, the given responsibility you GAVE to US, players. It's useless. It does not work.

    But for this kind of damn attitude, a moderator displays. Like just look at this first paragraph:

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Not too sure why you think your BFG is our responsibility. You're asking us to be available 24/7 to make sure you can make profit off of people who you're not willing to watch over. Almost like you want us to be your employees, rather than paying your own admins.
    And I got an infraction on rudeness for calling this guy what I called him for?! And you guys mentioned yeah, "They are volunteers that are keeping the game in check." No, this isn't the kind of "volunteers" that keeps your game in check. Unless he's a paid actor, well if that's the case then oh yeah he can stay a moderator and I'll my face on the wall, paid me 800, for my act too. In this guy's post, he compares everything to a in real life scenario. Giving absolute 0 respect to the player's perspective. His post didn't calm down the thread, it only caused an rippling effect, uproar and chaos till it was closed.

    Like you guys, got more mods like this?! If yeah, course your going no where with this game. You can get as many moderators, helpers, of any sorts. But with this attitude, you really ain't gonna go far. But if you don't have this kind of attitude, do you really got what it takes to take on the responsibility to make this game good again?

    He likes comparing to in real life scenario. Here I'll give you one. Imagine Growtopia in the online gaming world. Oh right, we... we kinda don't exist. Then at least try...
    Last edited by ScammePlse; 01-14-2020 at 03:42 AM.
    O how little

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Close your "factory" when you're not there. Simple fix. Stop letting people use your BFG. If you can't monitor your own world, you might not be qualified to run a BFG. It's your responsibility.
    Close your "game" when you're not there. Simple fix. Stop letting people play your game. If you can't monitor your own game, you might not be qualified to run a game. It's your responsibility.

    this is what he sound like.

    IGN: R4Z

    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv


  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    710

    Default

    he makes valid points, but jeez that was much more condescending and passive aggressive than it needed to be
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    2,200

    Default

    tldr pls im lazy
    Retired poster

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    Close your "game" when you're not there. Simple fix. Stop letting people play your game. If you can't monitor your own game, you might not be qualified to run a game. It's your responsibility.

    this is what he sound like.
    +1

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Prolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    I really feel as if this situation isn't handled well enough by the administrator(s)/developer(s).
    I propose a thread/e-mail to be created as a petition for this issue to be taken to the main support in Ubisoft.

    Sure, there are both sides to the argument.
    But, we are players (customers) and Ubisoft is the company.
    If you're working for the game/company, I do believe that players deserve better treatment than having their suggestions denied, and reflected back to them. Bad support service isn't ideal for the game - unless you want to drive people away.

    I believe that something can be done without unnecessary drama.
    Both players and people in-charge do not need to fall to bickering, which solves nothing at all.

    Stop being immature.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prolly View Post
    I really feel as if this situation isn't handled well enough by the administrator(s)/developer(s).
    I propose a thread/e-mail to be created as a petition for this issue to be taken to the main support in Ubisoft.

    Sure, there are both sides to the argument.
    But, we are players (customers) and Ubisoft is the company.
    If you're working for the game/company, I do believe that players deserve better treatment than having their suggestions denied, and reflected back to them. Bad support service isn't ideal for the game - unless you want to drive people away.

    I believe that something can be done without unnecessary drama.
    Both players and people in-charge do not need to fall to bickering, which solves nothing at all.

    Stop being immature.
    I kinda agree to this

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    I don't want to be held responsible because another player chooses to auto farm. If owning a BFG means you are going to be held responsible for another persons actions than I would rather choose to not own a BFG world. So I never will go the BFG route myself.

    I also think learning to respectfully disagree can benefit a lot of people. I probably would disagree with the quotes you displayed from another post. An example would be that those people in your BFG are not unpaid workers, they get a the gems from breaking. I also would disagree that the entire company shuts down because an employee was breaking the law. I'm open to seeing real life examples of this happening and I could probably counter with articles of of company presidents and CEOs breaking laws and they are arrested but the company lives on.

    I disagreed about the BFG situation but reality is that I don't own the game and I don't set the rules. The most I can do is have an opinion. I disagree respectfully.

    You do have a choice as a consumer to no longer use the product and find an alternative. That is a situation you can control and nobody can stop you and force you to play the game.

    You have a popular trade world you attract auto spammers. You have a BFG world you attract auto farmers but only one of these world owners are actually expected to stick around or shut the world down when they can't be around. Even though both types of world owners might not want those auto players in thier world's.

    Last thing I have to say is that I would rather have the actual moderators do the job then the average player. Any time a world owner might ban an auto player they will just go to another world. A moderator ban has way more of a lasting impact.

    Let's be honest, the prisoners run the prison. The guards are just window dressing.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 01-14-2020 at 10:34 AM.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I don't want to be held responsible because another player chooses to auto farm. If owning a BFG means you are going to be held responsible for another persons actions than I would rather choose to not own a BFG world. So I never will go the BFG route myself.

    I also think learning to respectfully disagree can benefit a lot of people. I probably would disagree with the quotes you displayed from another post. An example would be that those people in your BFG are not unpaid workers, they get a the gems from breaking. I also would disagree that the entire company shuts down because an employee was breaking the law. I'm open to seeing real life examples of this happening and I could probably counter with articles of of company presidents and CEOs breaking laws and they are arrested but the company lives on.

    I disagreed about the BFG situation but reality is that I don't own the game and I don't set the rules. The most I can do is have an opinion. I disagree respectfully.

    You do have a choice as a consumer to no longer use the product and find an alternative. That is a situation you can control and nobody can stop you and force you to play the game.

    You have a popular trade world you attract auto spammers. You have a BFG world you attract auto farmers but only one of these world owners are actually expected to stick around or shut the world down when they can't be around. Even though both types of world owners might not want those auto players in thier world's.
    Everyone keep saying it doesn't apply to trade world bla bla bla cuz they lose profit bla bla bla.
    but they does tho, with fossils.

    But let me tell u, today I encounter a trade world admin that refuse to ban spammer. when i asked him/her, he/she banned me.
    I'm glad there are people with common sense.

    IGN: R4Z

    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv


  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Stardust1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    place
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    tldr pls im lazy
    mods should be responsible for getting rid of autofarmers, not the world owner.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    Everyone keep saying it doesn't apply to trade world bla bla bla cuz they lose profit bla bla bla.
    but they does tho, with fossils.

    But let me tell u, today I encounter a trade world admin that refuse to ban spammer. when i asked him/her, he/she banned me.
    I'm glad there are people with common sense.
    Fossils and other event spawns is a great example of how a trade world owner might benefit from an auto spammer. I was trying to think up an example and you provided.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Fossils and other event spawns is a great example of how a trade world owner might benefit from an auto spammer. I was trying to think up an example and you provided.
    when i tried to keep up an argument telling that trade world owners do profit from spammer, no one listen at all.

    this is just how our community is.

    IGN: R4Z

    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •