Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: State of the game + Growtopia 2 + All my thoughts

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Supermarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    124

    Lightbulb State of the game + Growtopia 2 + All my thoughts

    Growtopia need news and different game mechanic
    Have you ever feel boring or stale playing Growtopia?
    Adding new items in every event until running out of ideas How long do you think they can keep up with that.
    That is why Growtopia needs its news and different game mechanic: introducing permanent PVE and PVP that reward a good amount of gem and wls. The player(ME) do not need more of the re-theme mechanic like Startopia, Crime-fighting (both re-theme surgery) and the redundant mechanic.
    If you can implement PVE and PVP or new ways of earning gems and wls that is not boring it would be so great and will open door to many possibilities. (I don't think people need something like root cutting, we need brand new mechanic but I can guess that it cannot be implemented)
    Checkout my PVP suggestion-->https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...e-PVP-mechanic

    Some Growtopia feature is boring complicated not worth and not appealing enough
    That is why players do not engage in some Growtopia's feature
    Take a look at boss ghost it is a great idea but it complicated you need many and specific items just to kill it.
    And also the tournament, extremely good idea but it is kinda not worth because you have to use a lot of wls to get it the good prize that you can just buy it with wls.
    That is why it is so frustrating just to engage in the new feature

    Less world lock+trade involvement, more untradeable stuff
    Because wls and trade involved in almost everything. It makes people not engage in some feature because it is not worth like the ultimate prize of Royal winter wonder: Winter Radiance Aura cost a lot to earn by winter seals but you can just buy for less than 3 dls!. We need to bring more untradeable system and stuff to make players really feel rewarded. (I really want to know why you make royal winter's items tradable if you want the IAP revenues.)

    Growtopia needs new players to keep the game alive
    You cannot count on veterans anymore because people are leaving because they grow out of it. You need to make the game more appealing to current day players and society. Start slowly changing Growtopia's player base to be more quality less toxic and stop targetting kids because I know that everybody that involve with this game hates it

    Growtopia made you feel like you in a simulation that makes it appeal to bots and hackers
    The effective ways of earning wls are farming doing-surgery and be lucky. some of it such as farming and fishing make you go to a process that is a loop-algorithm and it is extremely boring. That is why people are thinking ways of making it easier. People are inventing auto farm and auto fishing and with the help of Magplant and Rayman make it even more appealing. If it not boring in the first place then there wouldn't be anything like this.

    Growtopia doesn't require skill or require very low amounts
    It is the main reason why is it boring. If it requires skill then it wouldn't be so boring. It relies too much on patience and crazy amounts of grind. Skill is what also makes the game fun.

    Do you feel fun or relieve stress when playing Growtopia
    Login to Growtopia just to farm and doing surgery(with the boring game mechanic that make you feel like a robot) every day. Lock yourself in a jammed world because if you go out you will be bombarded with toxicity and hatred?
    We play games because we want to have fun if it not fun then there wouldn't be any player left.

    How Growtopia turned its players into ruthless teenage capitalists
    Too much world locks involve with every system in Growtopia that people don't want to do anything anymore but becoming richer With the help of Royal lock and dark cave background trap player in a small box and cannot speak. Even there are billboards to help you out but I ask you that Do you feel fun anymore?

    Outdated Game's graphics and GUI
    You keep releasing more new-gen graphics items but you are forgetting(or not) to update old-gen item sprite some of it looks so bad and doesn't match new-gen item etc-demon chariot and the GUI is getting update in progress but I want to point out about the hot slot(need to have more)/backpack(look messy)/Side icons(make it hard to build or break in the side) I suggest put all of that in 1 icons and when you click it all the icons will slide out.


    The fading of building part in Growtopia and old Growtoken system
    I know that the dev is trying very hard to keep building alive and the current Growtoken system is less problematic but we need to do something about this. Devs need to host a contest to bring out ideas about building style Growtoken to settle it once and for all.

    Steampunk feedback
    One of the best updates we had in-game. It was exciting but it too bulky. I had to mention Terraria and Pixel world 's wire system that their system work in the background(if you know what I mean) but in Growtopia it is a block and we can't really do much creative stuff about it.

    Less Moderator and moderation, Better System
    If you can improve the game security we wouldn't need much moderation and manpower.

    Shutdown console's server + announce Growtopia 2
    I don't know who ask for the console's server. When it was announced I already know what it gonna turnout and it pretty much did. It becomes a ghost town abandon by developers(kind of). I don't know how you got that idea because it so hard to play and cannot crossplay. Does the income worth the maintenance price? I don't think so. If you really want more people to know the game and make player start from scratch like some people want why not make Growtopia 2 because it seems like everything is so hard to implement in Growtopia that you can only release limited update and the source code and everything you build the game on the old and outdated foundation that make the game easy to hack. If you cannot tear it down why not release a brand new version.

    Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 540
Size:  90.4 KB
    Last edited by Supermarine; 01-15-2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Add picture + link



    IGN:Supermarine

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Growtopia need news and different game mechanic
    Have you ever feel boring or stale playing Growtopia?
    Adding new items in every event until running out of ideas How long do you think they can keep up with that.
    That is why Growtopia needs its news and different game mechanic: introducing permanent PVE and PVP that reward a good amount of gem and wls. The player(ME) do not need more of the re-theme mechanic like Startopia, Crime-fighting (both re-theme surgery) and the redundant mechanic.
    If you can implement PVE and PVP or new ways of earning gems and wls that is not boring it would be so great and will open door to many possibilities. (I don't think people need something like root cutting, we need brand new mechanic but I can guess that it cannot be implemented)
    YES YES YES, PVE AND PVP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Growtopia needs new players to keep the game alive
    You cannot count on veterans anymore because people are leaving because they grow out of it. You need to make the game more appealing to current day players and society. Start slowly changing Growtopia's player base to be more quality less toxic and stop targetting kids because I know that everybody that involve with this game hates it
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Growtopia made you feel like you in a simulation that makes it appeal to bots and hackers
    The effective ways of earning wls are farming doing-surgery and be lucky. some of it such as farming and fishing make you go to a process that is a loop-algorithm and it is extremely boring. That is why people are thinking ways of making it easier. People are inventing auto farm and auto fishing and with the help of Magplant and Rayman make it even more appealing. If it not boring in the first place then there wouldn't be anything like this.
    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Growtopia doesn't require skill or require very low amounts
    It is the main reason why is it boring. If it requires skill then it wouldn't be so boring. It relies too much on patience and crazy amounts of grind. Skill is what also makes the game fun.
    It's like a farming game, like those clicker games where you spam click and get rich.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Do you feel fun or relieve stress when playing Growtopia
    Login to Growtopia just to farm and doing surgery(with the boring game mechanic that make you feel like a robot) every day. Lock yourself in a jammed world because if you go out you will be bombarded with toxicity and hatred?
    We play games because we want to have fun if it not fun then there wouldn't be any player left.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    How Growtopia turned its players into ruthless teenage capitalists
    Too much world locks involve with every system in Growtopia that people don't want to do anything anymore but becoming richer With the help of Royal lock and dark cave background trap player in a small box and cannot speak. Even there are billboards to help you out but I ask you that Do you feel fun anymore?
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Outdated Game's graphics and GUI
    You keep releasing more new-gen graphics items but you are forgetting(or not) to update old-gen item sprite some of it looks so bad and doesn't match new-gen item etc-demon chariot and the GUI is getting update in progress but I want to point out about the hot slot(need to have more)/backpack(look messy)/Side icons(make it hard to build or break in the side) I suggest put all of that in 1 icons and when you click it all the icons will slide out.
    I think they already have plans for a GUI overhaul when the new chat GUI was first released.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    The fading of building part in Growtopia and old Growtoken system
    I know that the dev is trying very hard to keep building alive and the current Growtoken system is less problematic but we need to do something about this. Devs need to host a contest to bring out ideas about building style Growtoken to settle it once and for all.
    More like content creating is fading

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Less Moderator and moderation, Better System
    If you can improve the game security we wouldn't need much moderation and manpower.
    We need moderators, but the better ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Shutdown console's server + announce Growtopia 2
    I don't know who ask for the console's server. When it was announced I already know what it gonna turnout and it pretty much did. It becomes a ghost town abandon by developers(kind of). I don't know how you got that idea because it so hard to play and cannot crossplay. Does the income worth the maintenance price? I don't think so. If you really want more people to know the game and make player start from scratch like some people want why not make Growtopia 2 because it seems like everything is so hard to implement in Growtopia that you can only release limited update and the source code and everything you build the game on the old and outdated foundation that make the game easy to hack. If you cannot tear it down why not release a brand new version.
    Okay so here's where I disagree. Don't you remember the survey released last August 2018? There were multiple questions asking stuff and consoles were included and based on the results, majority of those who took the survey wanted consoles. That answers this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    I don't know who ask for the console's server.
    Growtopia 2 shouldn't be A THING AT ALL. You can update Growtopia and everything without Growtopia 2. You know that everyone won't be happy for Growtopia 2.
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,413

    Default

    1. PvP already existed a long time with game machines.

    2. Growtopia offers activities that are geared twords players at different levels of progression in the game. You can't throw the same challenge at different people in different phases of the game. That means some things might be complicated and out of reach.

    It's almost impossible to do everything in Growtopia.

    3. I don't think making more untradable items isn't that important. I think they have a healthy mix of untradable things already.

    4. Growtopia will always benefit from new players. Hopefully the advertisements and content creators will bring some fresh faces to the game. The game is what it will be. You can expand upon the game but you can't completely change what it is.

    5. Growtopia has always been a grind. People cheat because of lack of integrity not because the game has a grind.

    6. I have to disagree about requiring skill. I have had to make lists and organize things into multiple categories to make the most efficient use of everything I obtain. I have had to look at multiple guides. I think Growtopia is deeper than you are giving it credit.

    7. Growtopia is the kind of game that requires work to get rewards. I enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor. Some people enjoy working on projects and seeing results.

    8. People shouldn't worry to much about how other people play the game. You have the freedom to play how you want.

    9. I'm never against quality of life suggestions.

    10. Build is one of the core concepts of the game but it's also optional. The people who enjoy doing it will partake in building world's. You don't always need to offer incentives.

    11. You can make laws but people will still break them. You are going to need to take away a lot of player freedom if you want to stop the players who break rules. We just have to accept the reality that there are more people breaking rules then people enforcing them.

    I think people focus to much about what Growtopia isn't and not what it actually is. It's just a platform sandbox MMO. People focus to much about what other people do and not enough about what they can do. If you log in and feel lost or bored it could just be that Growtopia isn't the game for you because it doesn't always hand hold an kinda expects you to create you own fun using imagination.

    It makes me wonder what attracted people to Growtopia in the first place.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 01-15-2020 at 03:23 PM.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Supermarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    124

    Default

    More content
    Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 510
Size:  63.7 KB



    IGN:Supermarine

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer EerieGt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    680

    Default

    You do not seem to understand the kind of game growtopia is. It's not a pve game it's not a shooter nor an RPG. It's a social game that involves heavily around it's economic aspects. So where you might not be needing your shooting skills believe me you absolutely do need economic and social skills to thrive at the game. ITS NOT ALL GRIND. You just need those skills I mentioned to figure out how to reach the top without grinding 24/7. I'm not saying that a pve wouldn't be nice, heck I would love it. BUT you can't completely change a game for what it is and you can't deny all the other mechanics. Your problem with the tournament was that it required alot of wls for you to participate, (even if Imo it isn't that many and the tournament has other problems) you can't expect everything to be for everyone no matter their experience in the game. Imagine if you played Mario Bros and you wanted to go straight to Bowser's castle, well you can't you have to work your way up there. Same applies here.

    Also keep in mind that the developers have talked about the problems of creating a pve mode and haven't turned the idea off so be patient and you might get what you want.
    IGN:EerieGt

    Level:65

    Discord: EerieGt#5836

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    3,844

    Default

    Releasing a Growtopia II would probably kill both games by dividing the playerbase lol. They should focus on improving the current game, instead of developing a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    2. Growtopia offers activities that are geared twords players at different levels of progression in the game. You can't throw the same challenge at different people in different phases of the game. That means some things might be complicated and out of reach.
    Most of Growtopia's fun activities are incredibly costly though, and to be able to afford them most players would have to either pay up or grind for an insanely long time. Even building worlds, which is supposed to be a core mechanic, is prohibitively expensive for new players. (Which is a problem that could be easily solved by increasing drop chances for building blocks...)

    Signature v9.1


    Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Picking up radiation
    Posts
    10,809

    Default

    Add a war mode. Maybe a zombies mode. Add more guns. Let's throw in some bombers and attack choppers too.

    Voila

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    A lot of people seem to call and ask for change with ideas that may sound plausible at first but may not be the best or most doable option. Growtopia grew and its problems, that were not so oppressive nearer the start of Growtopia, grew alongside.

    Adding constant and new content will overwhelm new players and possibly add more development strain when trying to create fresh ideas monthly with fun mechanics and such. I believe the revamping and updating to older content would be much more ideal to turn "boring mechanics" into much more fun and interactive ones.

    The economy, which is heavily imposed by the community, is not very easy to fix and adjust. A lot of the game's content is based around economy factors. Making an activity accessibly via newer players may not make the endgame or end goal of that activity even attractive to those players (look at the carnival).

    (The lack of) Skill is an issue as well as a good thing. Growtopia is targetted towards younger children, the game at first was meant to be inviting and simple to these younger people.

    The game's GUI and graphics (by which you mean art assets) are somewhat tedious to adjust due to how Seth and Hamumu coded the game. Ubisoft is managing with what Seth and Hamumu left them with. Imitating art styles is another skill that is not so easy.

    We currently have building competitions too that seem rather successful (aside from creative limitations). The Growtoken system is not so easy to change. The old one is busted and the new one isn't so rewarding.

    Lastly, a lot of the game's issues come from the community side. It is incredibly difficult to solve these issues as they affect the game very much and do not have easy solutions and the difficult ones seem costly to the game's wellbeing. Management is difficult.
    33 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

    Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    Releasing a Growtopia II would probably kill both games by dividing the playerbase lol. They should focus on improving the current game, instead of developing a new one.



    Most of Growtopia's fun activities are incredibly costly though, and to be able to afford them most players would have to either pay up or grind for an insanely long time. Even building worlds, which is supposed to be a core mechanic, is prohibitively expensive for new players. (Which is a problem that could be easily solved by increasing drop chances for building blocks...)
    I can't convince people to appreciate the pay or grind system. I can't convince people to appreciate that you have to put in serious time and effort to achieve and experience a lot of things Growtopia has to offer.

    I just know that Growtopia has been successful for years and has drawn enough revenue to keep the game alive. People don't have to like how Growtopia works but they can't say really say that it doesn't work.

    I think if you make everything available immediately with no effort you take away the incentive to spend money. If the game isn't turning a profit then why would the developers continue to develop the game. The bottom line is that Growtopia is a business and if it doesn't make money it will no longer exist. You may not like to spend money on the game but if nobody does then it shuts down.

    If all the content is available immediately your incentive to play the game and support it for years goes away. You can hypothetically experience all the content at a faster rate and once you have done everything there is nothing left to play for.

    I would argue that if you take out the economy and just turn the game into a strictly world building game with every block available at the start the game wouldn't ever be as successful as it is today.

    A part of keeping people interested and invested into the game for years is giving them reasons to play for a long time. That's why people try to make clones is because they recognize that Growtopia is successful at the way it works

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Kartosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    You need to understand that years of work and effort have been put into this current game to bring it to where it is now. Starting off new would simply make no sense.
    Hello. My in-game name is Kartosh.

    Instagram: @Kartosh_GT
    Discord: Kartosh#5167

  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard Nanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    believe me you absolutely do need economic and social skills to thrive at the game.
    sure but this game has become capitalists wet dreams, economic skills probably wont help a lot here, and what social skills? the playerbase is made up of 10 year old east asians that have broken english, pretty sure my social skills wont help me make an investment with kids
    ~IGN: Nanimator
    ~Joined Growtopia On 7-13-2015
    ~Discord: Nanimator#0666

    https://youtu.be/ZPzsx3AdHpw

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer EerieGt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanimator View Post
    sure but this game has become capitalists wet dreams, economic skills probably wont help a lot here, and what social skills? the playerbase is made up of 10 year old east asians that have broken english, pretty sure my social skills wont help me make an investment with kids
    Look person if that's the community part you interact with then that's the experience you will get. You need to change your point of view and start fixing what bothers you instead of blaming it on others.
    IGN:EerieGt

    Level:65

    Discord: EerieGt#5836

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Lollipopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,394

    Default

    IMO growtopia should have just stuck to the splicing + building aspect of the game instead of enforcing economics and introducing a lot of minigame-like systems that give exclusive prizes.

    The systems are, in my opinion, lack depth and are way too isolated from anything else in the game to provide engaging experience for more than the first few days. The only reason anyone is still doing stuff like crime fighting is to get their hands on new or expensive items as a prize.

    The attempts to revitalize these minigame systems are lame as most of the time they just add more items into the prize pool and call it a day. The system stays as uninteresting as always, but with a new incentive to play with it.
    (i would like to point out how pet battling does the absolute opposite: an in-depth system, but no proper rewards apart from pet trainers and tournament(if anyone is even doing it). And yet no one touches pet battling because you can't profit off it)

    The worst part about these systems is that most of the time they require you to spend gems or world locks in order to experience the system(and receive items from a loot table), which pressures people to start working to get world locks or gems, usually via farming or other grindy methods. It's like going to work.



    I enjoyed growtopia most during its first years since it was centered around splicing(which i absolutely love about this game), world building, socializing and exploring worlds built by other people.

    Non-world locked freebuild worlds were my favourite worlds as you had a bunch of people building their own houses and stuff on the limited area they managed to lock up. It was fun to go through the cluster of janky minihouses of various odd shapes and sizes while trying to find your way out into the unlocked territory.

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Growtopia is (and for nearly all of its existence, has been) a horrible mess of a game, more so than any MMO or even any game I’ve ever seen.

    I could go into more detail but in short, the developers had no unified idea of what the game should be, and so added a bunch of unrelated nonsense willy-nilly. The only logical end goal then became getting as rich/famous as possible.

    There’s really no saving it. Any update you propose would just end up like every other update in the past several years: forgotten within a month. There are so many updates, so many items, so many different THINGS in this game, and nothing to connect them all to one another besides the economy, so they all get promptly reduced to a WL price and forgotten.

    If you’re bored, play something else. Growtopia has been allowed to fester for long enough that it’s past the point where anyone or anything could make it a good game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kartosh View Post
    You need to understand that years of work and effort have been put into this current game to bring it to where it is now. Starting off new would simply make no sense.
    I’m quite confident that the original version of Growtopia from 2013 (which I didn’t play, and therefore I am not just saying this out of nostalgia) is LEAGUES better than what the game has become.

    I’d rather have a streamlined, simple game about crafting through splicing than the disorganized, bloated disaster that Growtopia has been for at least the past six years.

    Join the Smithing Guild!

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    There’s really no saving it. Any update you propose would just end up like every other update in the past several years: forgotten within a month. There are so many updates, so many items, so many different THINGS in this game, and nothing to connect them all to one another besides the economy, so they all get promptly reduced to a WL price and forgotten.
    .
    THIS LITERALLY SAYS EVERYTHING. Whatever you say "we need this", "we need this", many will still hate and forget it.
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

  16. #16
    Lesser Wizard Illu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    International Space Station
    Posts
    262

    Default

    It's not Growtopia, It's Growtopians.

    Toxicity starts at Pioneers and Greedy people.

    The influence of content creator of some video sharing platform.
    Just searching Growtopia will give you a query of not how to play the game but
    profiteering
    Scamming
    Hacking & glitching
    Pretending to be a noob
    and a lot of more toxicity and immature content.

    The fool should not walk behind of other fools.

    Best thing to do is to be Civil.
    To kids. You can't prank anyone or make fun with strangers. you might end up in jail.

    though YOLO
    Last edited by Illu; 01-18-2020 at 12:47 PM.


    IGN: EuryX




    Goals

    1.Get to Level 125 : [125/125] [ √ ]

    2.Get the 1st BGL : [ Impossible ] [ X ]

    3.Upgrade Guild to Level 15 : [ 9/15 ] [ X ]

    4.Recycle 200 Magplants and Quit Growtopia [ 8/200 ] [ X ]



    Free BFG @ EURYBFG

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Supermarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarine View Post
    Shutdown console's server + announce Growtopia 2
    I don't know who ask for the console's server. When it was announced I already know what it gonna turnout and it pretty much did. It becomes a ghost town abandon by developers(kind of). I don't know how you got that idea because it so hard to play and cannot crossplay. Does the income worth the maintenance price? I don't think so. If you really want more people to know the game and make player start from scratch like some people want why not make Growtopia 2 because it seems like everything is so hard to implement in Growtopia that you can only release limited update and the source code and everything you build the game on the old and outdated foundation that make the game easy to hack. If you cannot tear it down why not release a brand new version.

    Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 540
Size:  90.4 KB
    A small price to pay for salvation



    IGN:Supermarine

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Growtopia needs revamping and bug fixes more than it needs updates.

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Growtopia needs revamping and bug fixes more than it needs updates.
    Yeah! they should stop updates. run only old events and make some new stuff for these events and meanwhile, when they have more time (more time cause they wont waste it for new amazing life changing updates) they could fix bugs, focus of game security fixes and maybe find way to fight against hackers.

    We don't need amazing game changing updates all the time. We can wait, if they start fix problems what we have rn and they would tell that to us, we could understand it an we would accept that in next 2-6 months there wouldn't be any new big updates, while they fix all old stuff and makes game more secured to us.

    So what i would want is, that they stop creating anything new rn and focus on fixes and game security and makes some improvements what players has suggested in past 2 years.

    And update all rules, tell us what are our punishments and so on. I still don't know what gt rules i need follow and what i can ignore and i have asked many times why guild needs have freeload possibility, why they can't kill freeloaders with simple update, but well, i get 0 answers and well.. idk why i would even bother to try anymore in here. There is other games so i need just move on.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard Fathi11 GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post


    I agree with pretty much everything you said. You've refuted all his points with a clear and proper manner using simple logic. For the last sentence, the reason I was attracted to Growtopia was because you could meet people worldwide from many different nationalities in a simple 2D game, socialise with them, make new buddies, etc...

    Also what was nice before was that we used to farm and build together so there was always something we could do in our time. I do agree that the community may have been obsessed with the integrity of the pixel currency but well, who cares right? This game is about having fun, and even sometimes when it gets boring, I'd go host mini games since I don't really care about wls or dls

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post


    Stopping updates won't be the solution to the game, it'd just make the game more repeated and people would get bored off eventually. Also, the last "game-changing update" that I remember was when Magplants and Raymans were introduced via IOTMS. The rest aren't really much of game changers to be fair. Bugs are already getting fixed, and they already have a team on security. You see, this is Ubisoft, not Seth and Hamumu anymore. There isn't just "one" team that focuses on one subject like the updates. They have separate teams of qualified people for each part of the game.

    Also to stop people from getting hacked, the problem isn't from how bad the system's security is. It's how easily these growtopians are to getting manipulated and therefore lose their items. I've been playing since forever and I've never gotten hacked. There are many reasons to getting hacked in Growtopia and most of them are just because of the growtopian's carelessness.

    The updating rules part, I totally agree. There are some rules that are just silly like "sharing accounts will result in a ban". What if my cousin is going on a holiday in Hawaii and they don't have wifi there, and he wants me to go farm for him? I wouldn't be able to because sharing accounts is illegal. I don't get this rule. Why would anyone give share their account details to someone they don't trust in the first place? And if they do get scammed, it's 100% the person's fault (who gave him the details). Scamming is a bad thing sure, but do they necessarily need to apply the rule to everyone? We do have siblings that want to help occasionally.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •