Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Punishment for BFG owner

Default This still doesn't seem right

So I don't read the forums, but I've come here for exactly this!
    I never got a warning about "not watching over auto bots", and yet the world got nuked + all admins on the world got perma-banned. Do you guys seriously think this is a fair punishment for a breaking a rule that you didn't even know about? Please leave your thoughts!

I can never play Growtopia again because someone decided to start auto inside my BFG.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsok2004 View Post
    So I don't read the forums, but I've come here for exactly this!
    I never got a warning about "not watching over auto bots", and yet the world got nuked + all admins on the world got perma-banned. Do you guys seriously think this is a fair punishment for a breaking a rule that you didn't even know about? Please leave your thoughts!

I can never play Growtopia again because someone decided to start auto inside my BFG.
    u would get a warning first unless u said auto allow.

but i still think the rule isnt well known enough.

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

Why this thread has gone TOO LONG?
    IGN: Bardes
    Instagram: @bardesgrowtopia
    Discord: Bardes#3326

Quote Originally Posted by Bardes View Post
    Why this thread has gone TOO LONG?
    This discussion has beaten the parliament
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

About Me :
    - Tall Boi
    - Professional Candy Crusher
    - Completely Straight
    - Funky Hair
    - Never Got Featured On YIAY
    - Jetpack Joyrider
    - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
    - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic
    - Your Best друг

Realistically creating a BFG is something you do you have an uncontrollable amount of farmables or you don't want to farm yourself, either way you're still too lazy to farm your own farmables and are looking for a quick and easy solution for this, which is to start a BFG. When you decide to do that, you're deciding to make a 'business'. why shouldn't you be punished? Don't make BFG's and break them yourself. But no, somehow you'll still complain. Quite frankly it's hilarious that people are asking moderators to watch their BFG's... just why? If you own a BFG you're clearly 'rich' or privileged yet you constantly carry out demands? If you own a BFG you should either be watching or have someone to watch for you as you're constantly making profit either way. Just watch your BFG's is it too much to ask?
    LetsGo

Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    Realistically creating a BFG is something you do you have an uncontrollable amount of farmables or you don't want to farm yourself, either way you're still too lazy to farm your own farmables and are looking for a quick and easy solution for this, which is to start a BFG. When you decide to do that, you're deciding to make a 'business'. why shouldn't you be punished? Don't make BFG's and break them yourself. But no, somehow you'll still complain. Quite frankly it's hilarious that people are asking moderators to watch their BFG's... just why? If you own a BFG you're clearly 'rich' or privileged yet you constantly carry out demands? If you own a BFG you should either be watching or have someone to watch for you as you're constantly making profit either way. Just watch your BFG's is it too much to ask?
    with your reply, i assume u dont read.

in case u will actually read this time
    Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    This still wont do it. Like krazyboi suggest, make the rule more specific. Investigate before any warning or nuke. If the owner doesnt even try to ban auto at all, then sure go ahead and drop the hammer. But if the owner does tried but he missed some or a new one came in after he banned the other, then mod should finish the job and be glad that the players actually cooperate.
    Last edited by R4Z; 03-23-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Default Wow OG

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I don't think it's possible to ever eliminate auto farmers. They are not Pokemon so you can't catch them all. Hypothetically if Ubisoft could craft some sort of auto detection you could argue the possibility of stopping it completely, but it probably would of happened by now if that was the direction they wanted to take.

The solution to the problem of auto farming in BFG world's seems to be putting the responsibility onto the owners including the threat of the world being nuked. This may prevent auto farming in that particular world but it definitely doesn't prevent the auto farmer from going directly to another world or finding other ways to auto farm.

If you have enough time to nuke BFG world's then theoretically you have enough time to just monitor the worlds to ban auto farmers in the first place. Nuking a world is just a scare tactic to pressure BFG owner to monitor thier world's.

I completely understand without any repercussions that BFG owners probably wouldn't care about Auto Farming much like popular trade world owners don't care about Auto spammers in thier world directing people to csn. So ultimately I do understand Ubisoft taking that direction even if I believe there must be a better solution.

Ultimately what they decided in this situation would be more popular than the solution I would choose. I would just adjust Magplant to only be usable by the world owner.

It's sad that sometimes in Growtopia we can't have nice things. It's always sad when good Growtopians have to suffer because of the actions of the bad ones. It's definitely very sad that BFG owners have to suffer because people will use world's they built to cheat the game.
    Wow Old Growtopian 😮

the current rule doesnt make it clear. u could be banning auto for hours, u went to toilet for a min, mod came in, see an auto, nuked.
    Exactly. You're supposed to monitor your world while it's running, no exceptions. Even a single minute can benefit an autoclicker greatly. Imagine 10 bfg owners went somewhere for a minute and then players start autoclicking. Just imagine how much benefits they're already getting just by hacking. We don't want to encourage that behaviour so we should do our part and monitor our worlds. We don't want the be the source of benefits for the hackers do we?

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Exactly. You're supposed to monitor your world while it's running, no exceptions. Even a single minute can benefit an autoclicker greatly. Imagine 10 bfg owners went somewhere for a minute and then players start autoclicking. Just imagine how much benefits they're already getting just by hacking. We don't want to encourage that behaviour so we should do our part and monitor our worlds. We don't want the be the source of benefits for the hackers do we?
    banning cheater is suppose to be moderators job to start with. now they push it to us, bfg owner. we tried our best to ban them, but our ban only last 1 hour and only in our world. its isnt fair to to push ALL RESPONSIBILITY to us. its not like they are volunteer moderators, they are PAID to do so. they should be glad that we are actually cooperate and make their job easier.

if you dont expect moderators to be active 24/7, so do we. we are not robot. but we cooperate with each other.

banning cheater is suppose to be moderators job to start with. now they push it to us, bfg owner. we tried our best to ban them, but our ban only last 1 hour and only in our world. its isnt fair to to push ALL RESPONSIBILITY to us. its not like they are volunteer moderators, they are PAID to do so. they should be glad that we are actually cooperate and make their job easier.

if you dont expect moderators to be active 24/7, so do we. we are not robot. but we cooperate with each other.
    Don't keep it up 24/7 then. You earlier mentioned that mods were using real life examples and not thinking about the player but so did you, you're contradicting yourself and somehow still believe you're correct. It does not need to be up 24/7 most people who understand this end up closing bfg's when they cannot look after it, why are you any different than the rest of us?
    LetsGo