Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Punishment for BFG owner

I am BUYBFG owner .

and each day when i get online i go ban spamers . somtimes i even stand thare for 2-3 hours baning people .

thing is people can change ip and return to spam in less than 2 minutes . this makes baning spamers imposible . but i still do it

THIS IS A GAME and when i get online i also wont to play it . its not my job to stand in my world and ban spamers 24/7

i do not make big profit from buybfg . i dont even have a vend shop . i only get fosils .

and in my opinion bigest problem IS :

when u install growtopia game u should get unique id for that instalation of the game .

so when u get banned u get baned on ip , on ur game instalation serial number . this would help .
    (also this way u can simply detect serial numbers wich change ip often and block them , while serial number of the game would be related to their pc id or serial so when they instlal new copy of the game they will have same serial number as before )

as i sad once before GROWTOPIA should implement a question box after each 3000 fist punches . (13+98= )

and i sad it many times before . my wish is to become a guardian one day so i can help ban spamers , autofarmers and scam bfgs .
    becouse im there on the first line each day baning over 300+ spamers .
    (so spamers and autofarmers would be afraid to come to my world and spam coz they would know i could be there watching /baning )

edit:

I made BUYBFG world as a hope that it will bring people together . that they will meet alot of new people and make friends .
    and i succeded , i made a community in wich new players are more likely to stay and play game after they try it, since they will meet alot of people and make friends along the way of geting few wls and geting their new set items .

not in my wildest dreams that it would become 1# world in gt ,
    ign: V3K1

Hat off to every trade world owner and bfg world owner that are combating bots.

And to those who are reading, we are not asking them to remove the entire rule. Just make the rule clear, assuring those honest owners who really cooperate with moderators don't get punished with their hardwork.

I know u can always contact support but admit it, we all know how busy support are and most of the time, people come complaining in forum instead.

Considering what Misthios said, i would be happy if everyone actually suggest on how they can revise the rule instead of criticizing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    A proposal to maintain similar sanctions to the current but make exemptions for those actively attempting to combat auto-farmers definitely seems reasonable. The problem is we won't always know who is and isn't taking actions against autofarmers if we come across BFGs where the owners or admins aren't present.

Someone brought up the point of worlds discouraging auto-farmers should be exempt, but there have been many owners who have signs like this and actively allow and charge additional fees for people to use auto-scripts, and it's not a reliable basis to provide exemptions for.
    i know this might be a long process but how about in that case, if u really suspect those worlds with sign that discourage autofarming but still have autofarmers, u can have the team check the logs if they really allow them. It's better than dropping hammer on honest players.

Some world use like steam design to combat auto farmer. But some auto farmer are just there looking at their screen and grab the gems if anyone try to come in.

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

Lesser Wizard

This is true! But you mentioned paid employees - none of the staff who are solely in-game moderators are paid - we're all unpaid volunteers helping in our free time to make Growtopia a more enjoyable game for everyone.

I will absolutely agree that it's a shared responsibility. Your worlds are your responsibility, but punishing illegal members of the community is ours. That part has never been disputed by the moderation team, and we do actively ban those using auto-scripts. This doesn't mean you should be exempt from monitoring your world, however. Your world is and always will be your responsibility.

If we didn't enforce any sanctions on BFG worlds, then people would absolutely encourage auto-farmers to help them (more than they already do) break their farmables with no drawback, and would continue to profit off of the encouraging of illegal activities in their own world. Sanctions will never be removed, but as Baskerville has stated we're down to discuss amendments for the punishments to not negatively impact the player-base:

So rather than continuing to debate on who's responsibility it is, let's discuss potential revisions for the rules and anything that seems reasonable I can bring forward to the team. If Baskerville says we'll discuss it, then that's something we absolutely will intend to do. That doesn't definitively mean a change if the suggestions we receive don't reflect the stance we wish to take, but a discussion will definitely be had and points will be considered.

These worlds are treated differently and don't follow the sanctions in this thread. Worlds we find actively encouraging (and most of the time charging extra) people to use autofarming scripts are nuked without warning.

A proposal to maintain similar sanctions to the current but make exemptions for those actively attempting to combat auto-farmers definitely seems reasonable. The problem is we won't always know who is and isn't taking actions against autofarmers if we come across BFGs where the owners or admins aren't present.

Someone brought up the point of worlds discouraging auto-farmers should be exempt, but there have been many owners who have signs like this and actively allow and charge additional fees for people to use auto-scripts, and it's not a reliable basis to provide exemptions for.
    Liking your response. High quality and above my expectations of Ubisoft.
    One, I agree it is indeed our responsibility. Never have I ever shirked the responsibility. I would like to make this point clear. Our responsibility to guard the world, mods responsibility to give justified punishments and to ban the bots from the GAME (not world)

Secondly, I would bring you to the second spoiler of the original post. (I'll spoiler it down below). There, I stated some revisions and certain measures that can be taken. I find them to be rather reasonable. Do discuss with the team which one would be more suited. However, do be reasonable. Please do not expect the dude to be checking and pulling every second. That's fairly unreasonable. A pull every 1-5min on each person should be reasonable for both the game and the owners.

Thirdly, it is indeed true that some people do pay lip service and charge additional fees for people while putting up signs for no auto. That's why in my definition for "attempts to combat auto farmer" in no way includes signage only. The best solution would be to see if they regularly pull players in intervals of time. If that's hard for you, looking at the ban regularity of the world is also an option although one might argue the world actually had no autos.

Lastly, I would like to reinforce a point. To everyone saying it's our responsibility and we are expected to monitor the world 24/7, especially after seeing some responses above, let me tell you: It is downright impossible, and thoughtless of one to say that. It's impossible to kick out every auto in the world if one enters when I ban one, there will be no end. Please do recognize the limitations. If you do expect us to do that every second, at every moment, advocating for a total ban on BFG would be better. If you totally ban BFG, the number of autofarmers would be drastically reduced for sure. To all those saying that us owners are lazy and greedy for profit, you do not get the point here. You are thinking micro rather than macro. We are working hard, we are banning them, even though we know it is never enough to totally rid autofarmers out, most of us are playing our part, and in due process, we are just arguing for a revision of the policy, to recognise our efforts. Is that so wrong of us? Why can't anyone in the game get this point. I find this to be rather disheartening. STOP blaming us on the issue. Please just stop. It's unconstructive, it's thoughtless.

I hope people are able to see this situation as one where the world owners will have to collaborate with the moderators. You expect us to ban the players from our world, we do that. We expect you to ban the players from the game, you do that. We expect you to dish out strong and harsh punishments against malicious world owners, you do that. We expect you to dish out fair punishments against owners, you do that. As long as every stakeholder in the game, be it the players reporting the autofarmers, the moderators banning the autofarmers and world owners, the world owners discouraging the use of auto scripts, the people behind the game to launch relevant updates and patches to prevent auto scripts, I believe we would slowly but surely combat auto farmers successfully.

Wow good infoo thank so much

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Exactly. You're supposed to monitor your world while it's running, no exceptions. Even a single minute can benefit an autoclicker greatly. Imagine 10 bfg owners went somewhere for a minute and then players start autoclicking. Just imagine how much benefits they're already getting just by hacking. We don't want to encourage that behaviour so we should do our part and monitor our worlds. We don't want the be the source of benefits for the hackers do we?
    If my eyes are always glued to the screen at all times, at EVERY SINGLE SECOND of me in the world, I monitor. Sounds good? No. By your logic, one minute can benefit them greatly. But if there are 10 breakers in the world, pulling and checking requires at least 30 seconds for about 9 people, the last breaker if he was an auto would have alr been breaking for 30 seconds, he benefitted greatly already. By this logic, you should ban BFGs totally because it's downright impossible to do what you said. To kick every single auto out of the world at every point of time. Impossible.

There's absolutely no way to rid the world of auto farmers as long as one enters the world or a group enters. I ban one, the other 3 keep on breaking they alr benefitted for 5-10 seconds. 3 ppl would benefit for 30 seconds worth of gems. It's your logic. One enters, and he starts breaking. I must keep my eye on him at all times, if he starts autoing i must ban him instantly. At this rate, I must install 5 alt accounts and 5 devices for 5 breakers in the world to monitor them totally so they will never benefit from auto scripting. Now, tell me is that reasonable in any way? If you expect that, I'll instead advocate for a ban on BFGs instead, its impossible. Furthermore, this would only work if nearly all BFG owners are doing it. I ban, the auto clickers merely go to another world and autos. There's no point in banning, he will still benefit from it. It will only work if majority of owners collaborate and the moderators ban them from the game. One cannot expect full compliance. Let's face reality. If many owners do their part, ban them, they will just hop for like 10 worlds and find one that allows auto/less vigilant in auto, or just hop and get banned and hop again, he will still reap the malicious benefits from the auto script. Only when the moderators do their part and ban them from the game, will it truly solve the problem. We are the ppl who dish the warnings, the punishment is from the mods themselves.

Sure, you might say limit the number of people. Yes, I agree. Then, go ahead and limit the number of breakers. I'm fine with that too. But don't expect us to rid all auto clickers at any point of time. Then the policy should change itself instead too.

PLEASE do not say that the chances of any situation I stated above happening are slim. We shld prepare for such situations

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBoi View Post
    If my eyes are always glued to the screen at all times, at EVERY SINGLE SECOND of me in the world, I monitor. Sounds good? No. By your logic, one minute can benefit them greatly. But if there are 10 breakers in the world, pulling and checking requires at least 30 seconds for about 9 people, the last breaker if he was an auto would have alr been breaking for 30 seconds, he benefitted greatly already. By this logic, you should ban BFGs totally because it's downright impossible to do what you said. To kick every single auto out of the world at every point of time. Impossible.

There's absolutely no way to rid the world of auto farmers as long as one enters the world or a group enters. I ban one, the other 3 keep on breaking they alr benefitted for 5-10 seconds. 3 ppl would benefit for 30 seconds worth of gems. It's your logic. One enters, and he starts breaking. I must keep my eye on him at all times, if he starts autoing i must ban him instantly. At this rate, I must install 5 alt accounts and 5 devices for 5 breakers in the world to monitor them totally so they will never benefit from auto scripting. Now, tell me is that reasonable in any way? If you expect that, I'll instead advocate for a ban on BFGs instead, its impossible. Furthermore, this would only work if nearly all BFG owners are doing it. I ban, the auto clickers merely go to another world and autos. There's no point in banning, he will still benefit from it. It will only work if majority of owners collaborate and the moderators ban them from the game. One cannot expect full compliance. Let's face reality. If many owners do their part, ban them, they will just hop for like 10 worlds and find one that allows auto/less vigilant in auto, or just hop and get banned and hop again, he will still reap the malicious benefits from the auto script. Only when the moderators do their part and ban them from the game, will it truly solve the problem. We are the ppl who dish the warnings, the punishment is from the mods themselves.

Sure, you might say limit the number of people. Yes, I agree. Then, go ahead and limit the number of breakers. I'm fine with that too. But don't expect us to rid all auto clickers at any point of time. Then the policy should change itself instead too.

PLEASE do not say that the chances of any situation I stated above happening are slim. We shld prepare for such situations
    Stop exaggerating... Nobody's forcing you to glue your eyes to the screen the whole time. If you think your eyes need some rest then close your BFG. Your eyes should be monitoring the players as long as your BFG is running.

Yes 1 minute benefits an autoclicker. But the only time 10 autoclickers are present at any one time is when you just opened your BFG. After a while there should be a constant of 2-3 players entering and leaving every 30 seconds so that shouldn't be too hard to monitor.

You're making it sound like as if 10 players enter your BFG every 5 seconds and start breaking. I myself own and run a BFG daily. It's not even that hard to monitor your world because there's not much players coming in every minute anyway. Furthermore nowadays there aren't as much BFG opened so autoclickers will take some time finding for the next one to hop to. If every BFG owners were to do their part like me, these autoclickers will eventually give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    i know this might be a long process but how about in that case, if u really suspect those worlds with sign that discourage autofarming but still have autofarmers, u can have the team check the logs if they really allow them. It's better than dropping hammer on honest players.
    Checking logs ain't as easy as it sounds. Quit making suggestions that requires administrator access.

I do agreed that it's a share responsibility, but punish as soon as they catch an auto breaker? Nah that not share responsibility at all, that one side. The owner could have been banning and just missed one. If moderators came and saw that, then just ban that auto. That what u call share responsibility. Unless there is a sign saying allow auto or the world is full of auto and owner is just there watching them. Then sure the owner deserve the punishment
    I keep my stance. Even Misthios agreed. We just need to find a way to know who are really combat those autofarmers and who doesnt.

Banning autofarmers is a share responsibilities, not one side.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    I keep my stance. Even Misthios agreed. We just need to find a way to know who are really combat those autofarmers and who doesnt.

Banning autofarmers is a share responsibilities, not one side.
    Its quite a arbitrary way to decide and as some forumers have mentioned, it can result in unnecessary misunderstanding. I think objective ways to deal with this is preferred. Put in place the need for verification for a repetitive action will be effective, since this will force the auto clicker to have to sit there to keep verifying, instead of being able to leave it on, do something else until the break is completed. the autoclicker will have to then weigh what is more worth it for his time and may then cease doing this if it don't make sense.

I have not much time to research how others tackle this but I am sure we are not alone. If the devs could spend sometime researching how other game developers deal with autoclickers, I am sure there will be some checks we can impose on it.

To be fair to both players and devs, the reality is that it is hard to catch autoclickers as with all games, people are hiding behind the key board. But this is a lot of a smaller issue compared to scams and hacks which I think since ubisoft came on board, has already seen much improvements especially the implementation of the 2FA. Also, game play wise, it has changed fundamentally with the importance of roles, so people who spend time investing in the character will not want to risk wrecking it over some scam/hack.

I am for team work, but the issue we are dealing with, which is catching autoclicker abusers, requires more a technology solution. Our current policing is at best a stop gap measure.

- - - Updated - - -

I also like to add, like for harvesting for example, you can get the tractor to keep moving automatically on any surface (not slime/ice) but the moment you harvest like 50 or so trees, it stops. So such measures are useful to stop someone from auto-harvesting...
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

It's unreasonable for us to have administration check logs for every BFG world before imposing sanctions upon them. That'd be an inefficient way of moderating and wouldn't help the problem of autofarmers in BFGs as it'd take so long to check individual worlds.

However, I can tell you that if you're found to be actively banning and trying to combat the auto-farmers in your BFG you won't receive a punishment from us. We find it perfectly reasonable to provide exemptions in those cases; the guidelines in the announcement will be amended to reflect this as well.

If you do receive a punishment because of it, support is also open for appeals and if they find you were combating the auto-farmers your punishments will be revoked.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

It's unreasonable for us to have administration check logs for every BFG world before imposing sanctions upon them. That'd be an inefficient way of moderating and wouldn't help the problem of autofarmers in BFGs as it'd take so long to check individual worlds.

However, I can tell you that if you're found to be actively banning and trying to combat the auto-farmers in your BFG you won't receive a punishment from us. We find it perfectly reasonable to provide exemptions in those cases; the guidelines in the announcement will be amended to reflect this as well.

If you do receive a punishment because of it, support is also open for appeals and if they find you were combating the auto-farmers your punishments will be revoked.
    I am open bfg more than 1 year and 5 month,open 3 times in a week.i am always find to get the best way how to reduce auto farner,every open i am hard think how to combat auto farmer.
    this is my solution for my experience open bfg.
    1.use setting time 10-20 minuetes
    2.use kick all with random time
    3.use game generator
    4.all in rent room i use sign that write AUTO IS ILLEGAL
    5.each player who rent,if i found auto clicker i will pull.if he afk auto ban
    6.at sign and board no rent for auto.and i have to get explanation that auto is harmful economy growtopia
    That is my advise for bfg owner.
    Mod have ever come to my world while opening bfg.@reg4shi,he summon me and said to me that said thank for support us.that's so memorable.

i will look forward to the change in guideline

Lesser Wizard

Looking forward to this change in the guidelines.
    You don't have to check everyone's log. If there are auto-farmers just dish the punishment, and if the player feels it is unjustified just send a ticket and process it, then decide whether if it is justified or not.
    Strongly believe with such changes, we can work towards an auto-free gameplay experience for all.