Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ancestral Charms for World effects

  1. #1
    Knight
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    69

    Default Ancestral Charms for World effects

    We do have the Emerald Lock, that gives everyone the chance to get more gems, it's somewhat like a public "Riches"

    We do have the Xenonite Crystal to enhance the capabilities of all players in the world.

    How about Ancestral Charms for worlds?

    It would be really nice to have new charms that would increase effects by a tiny percentage (0.5% - 1%) of all players in a world.

    [Public advantage]
    • Ancestral Charm of Dimensions - Extra Blocks for all
    • Ancestral Charm of Riches- Extra Gems for all
    • Ancestral Charm of Wisdom - Extra experience for all



    [Only of advantage to people with access to a lock]
    • Ancestral Charm of Time- Reduced provider time for all
    • Ancestral Charm of Life - Reduced growth time for all



    Not everyone has the DLs to level an ancestral item, with those Charms there would be Worlds of sort that increase certain effects.


    Either it could be possible to place all charms individually into a world for all effects at once, or, to limit effects, make it 2 toggle charms.

    • Ancestral Charm of Gain (Dimensions OR Riches OR Wisdom) - by combining a Level 1 of each
    • Ancestral Charm of Reduction (Time OR Life) - by combining a Level 1 of each + ?




    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Deterxfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Dont know if i should agree with you or not..

    [ Instagram: @Deterxfox ] | [ Discord: Deterxfox#9428 ]

    [ VISIT MY WORLD: ODK ]

  3. #3
    Knight
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I think it would have an interesting social factor to it.

    As a BFG owner, you can get more blocks in return, which makes it last a tiny bit longer, or give your breakers more XP, or gems, with Charm and Emerald Lock.

    Not every individual has Ances, not to say leveled Ances, so if you share tasks of harvesting providers, or planting, at least your friends who don't, will still have a reduction effect while helping you out.

    Those who say extra blocks are too op already just don't know the math... even if there were level 10 Ances, it would not be 100% more of level 5, but rather less than 25% more than that of level 6.

    Consider it a world boost, similar to what a guild potion can do for Guild members.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mountarreat View Post
    Those who say extra blocks are too op already just don't know the math... even if there were level 10 Ances, it would not be 100% more of level 5, but rather less than 25% more than that of level 6.

    Consider it a world boost, similar to what a guild potion can do for Guild members.


    IT IS OP.

    kinda insulting you even mock our math skills
    Every % counts in farming. This can no joke, actually be the difference between farmable and non farmable. Some item that was out of reach before definitely will be farmable with just a 1% increase.

    People pay literal DLs to upgrade their ances. Tesseract from level 1-6. Yes, for visuals, but also for farming unfarmable. The closer an item drop rate gets to 100, the more farmable it becomes. This increases exponentially. A good way to visualize what I mean is...

    Imagine a block has a 99% chance to drop back when breaking and you only had one. Yes, you will probably get the block back, but theres still a 1% chance(1 out of 100) for it to not drop.


    If we increase it by 1% though...to 100%. Well... the odds of the block coming back is guaranteed(1 out of infinity)


    This is obviously an extreme example, but I am just trying to show in a simple way that if you increased the percentage by even 1, it truely can change a lot of things.




    Plus it still sounds broken....did you see how much the emerald lock cost? Like 13 DLs! It just gives an extra one gem. Imagine how much that thing your suggesting would be worth in the economy.


    Also, for the two items to speed up grow time or producer time is "pointless". This is because it removes your initial reason. The initial reason given was noobs can't afford a ancestral Tesseract. On the other hand, these two speed reductions can only be used with people with access to the lock. For the most part, only the owner would be doing the planting and harvesting....and if he has an admin to do it instead, it would probably be cheaper to buy two ancestrals of the same kind than the ancestral charm your suggesting. (And if your block is mean't to be cheaper than 2 ancestrals....well...no. same kind of point with how a seemingly useless emerald lock with a bad buff is 13 dls. So if your item were to be added, it would be a lot.)



    Whew. A lot of writing. I am too lazy to explain every single down side for this, but my strongest points are given.



    Also, there are probably typos...I'm too lazy to address....I gotta do homework now as of the time of writing this. If a sentence is really not understandable, feel free to quote that part and I'll further explain.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  5. #5
    Knight
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    IT IS OP.

    kinda insulting you even mock our math skills
    Every % counts in farming. This can no joke, actually be the difference between farmable and non farmable. Some item that was out of reach before definitely will be farmable with just a 1% increase.

    People pay literal DLs to upgrade their ances. Tesseract from level 1-6. Yes, for visuals, but also for farming unfarmable. The closer an item drop rate gets to 100, the more farmable it becomes. This increases exponentially. A good way to visualize what I mean is....


    People sure pay a lot of DLs, but that doesn't mean they understand the math. Every 1% increase will get you about 100 extra blocks per 10,000 Blocks broken.

    If you farm non-farmables, you won't even get than many blocks from a single farm with fuel and staff.

    The rarest of rare harvests I have ever experienced in Growtopia, yielded 8,835 Blocks from 2,698 Trees, a factor of ~3.275.

    The average lies somewhat around 2.8 with fuel and Dreamcatcher Staff. For simplicity, let's just call it 7,500 Blocks.

    A Tesseract of Dimensions : Level 6 won't get you that far, that is why it is not overpowered at all, compared to the Diamond Locks you dish out.

    I mean, you gotta have some benefit, if you pay that much to level your Ancestral powers to Level 6, right?

    You can't safely farm beyond SSP seeds without any added effect, maybe Level 10 will just do that, cover SSP Seeds until rarity 21 with just fuel.

    But beyond, still, you need temporary effects like potion and clover to make the cut, hence it's not op. Tesseract of Dimensions : Level 85 might grant close to a 100% trigger of extra blocks


    The cost of the charms don't matter, as it doesn't matter with ancestral items, too, same with the emerald lock. It's just a way of consistency, to grant more of the powers available to the people in a world, like xeno.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •