Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fossils, Growtokens, and Autoruns.

Squire

Default Fossils, Growtokens, and Autoruns.

Autoruns have been something that have proved great annoyance for many players over the years. These were mainly caused by the old growtoken system. If I remember correctly, the system was changed to stop these annoying autoruns. Players would exploit and waste the time of other players in order to gain growtokens. After the system was changed autoruns began to disapear. But, with fossils, they slowly came back. Now people do it for fossils. I find that many of the worlds I go to, begin with autoruns. Should something be done to stop this from continuing? Is there anything that could be done? Should the way fossils are obtained be changed potentially? Please share your thoughts. note: This is my first post ever
    Edit: For anyone unaware of what an autorun is, it is a world designed to queue players before they reach the advertised world. Players use these to get more fossils than nornally, because players go through x amount of worlds before reaching the world they came for.
    Last edited by Chaoseron; 01-17-2020 at 06:18 AM.

What do you think they should change? Would love to hear your opinion about that first

[ Instagram: @Deterxfox ] | [ Discord: Deterxfox#9428 ]

[ VISIT MY WORLD: ODK ]

Theres nothing we can do if the owner of a world decides to be greedy *lookin' at u buyrayman owner*
    Professional poster

[Goals]
    ·Scam 100DL [REDACTED/100DL]
    ·Be alive [Never complete]
    ·Become the president of the US [Completed]

Contact me:

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Theres nothing we can do if the owner of a world decides to be greedy *lookin' at u buyrayman owner*
    Xad that there greedy
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell SOG 40/WL IN OQ60

BUY TONS OF BOUNTIFUL PACK 2/1 LEAVE MSG IN OQ60

Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Deterxfox View Post
    What do you think they should change? Would love to hear your opinion about that first
    Hmm, well one idea I have as an alternative is rather than fossils spawning from visits, they spawn from rarity. Similar to the old way heart crystals would spawn, and golden booty chests, except for fossils it could be after "x amount" of rarity is broken/farmed in your world, a fossil will spawn. However, this could break fossils, making them overpowered for bfg owners.. A solution I have for this is maybe, there is a random cycle similar to daily quest where only a certain block counts towards the rarity. For example "Today fossil's will spawn in your world per 10k rarity of chandiliers farmed in your world." I understand this method has its ups and downs though, some days there might be expensive stuff in the cycle that people just wont bother with.. Maybe only farmable blocks should be included in this cycle..

Squire

I think that fossils being obtained from world popularity just leads to people being exploited for their time by being tricked fake advertising leading them through potentially countless worlds, (Ive seen loops sending people to where they started, and some players don't catch on) also, fossil spots. People with famous worlds are charging players obsurd amounts of dls, and these unknowing players think they will get their world locks back from fossils, When infact they might in 2years of waiting if theyre lucky. People pay 2-3dls for fossil spots in buy+ worlds and most of the time they will never get fossils. Especially if everyone else with fossil spots are constantly harvesting their fossils. I suppose some owners could nerf this, and only let players harvest their fossils at the end of each week or month, but is this always the case? Does this scenario even happen?

tfw u flex ur high jump + double jump on those who have to buy climbing boots from the vend
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

I agree with this.

BUYRAYMAN is a more popular type of BUY+ world and I fear this will lead other worlds will follow.

Those autoruns are very pesky and waste a lot of time overall. Honestly though....Its gonna be hard. I can't think of a good suggestion to fix this without a complete rework....

Well, the best solution for me would be to use the rating system. Fossils are items that spawn based on popularity of worlds. The only other popularity based thing we have right now is the rating system. I do see a lot of problem with this too(like people making groups to /rate 5 all their worlds).

A possible way to partly counter what I said is to give a maximum amount of ratings a day. The fact you COULD(emphasis on could) rate 1000 worlds 5 in one day,even if it doesn't really do anything right now feels kinda broken of an idea.

Another thing to partly make it more balanced/weaken the use of alts and fake accounts to rate would be the use of levels. I can't explain it all,so I'll just give an example of what would happen.

A level one rates 5
    +1% for fossil to spawn

A level two rates 5
    +1.01% for fossil to spawn

A level 101 rates 5
    +2% for fossil to spawn

This will be calculated at the end of every growtopia day.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    I agree with this.

BUYRAYMAN is a more popular type of BUY+ world and I fear this will lead other worlds will follow.

Those autoruns are very pesky and waste a lot of time overall. Honestly though....Its gonna be hard. I can't think of a good suggestion to fix this without a complete rework....

Well, the best solution for me would be to use the rating system. Fossils are items that spawn based on popularity of worlds. The only other popularity based thing we have right now is the rating system. I do see a lot of problem with this too(like people making groups to /rate 5 all their worlds).

A possible way to partly counter what I said is to give a maximum amount of ratings a day. The fact you COULD(emphasis on could) rate 1000 worlds 5 in one day,even if it doesn't really do anything right now feels kinda broken of an idea.

Another thing to partly make it more balanced/weaken the use of alts and fake accounts to rate would be the use of levels. I can't explain it all,so I'll just give an example of what would happen.

A level one rates 5
    +1% for fossil to spawn

A level two rates 5
    +1.01% for fossil to spawn

A level 101 rates 5
    +2% for fossil to spawn

This will be calculated at the end of every growtopia day.
    Interesting...

Squire

I agree with you on the rating
    It's a change that wouldnt impact fossils as much as other methods I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoseron View Post
    Interesting...
    So how about me? I make fossils by farming in my world. And no one visits there i get no rate. So i don't deserve fossils, cause greedy kids abuse system? Nice..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoseron View Post
    I agree with you on the rating
    It's a change that wouldnt impact fossils as much as other methods I think.
    If ppl can make unlimited spam bots and farm bots, they can make also unlimited rate bots. So yeah..

Actually.. They made rule with billboards in trd worlds so they can add new rule about autorun too. If owner abuses fossil system with auto run, just nuke the world. Simple and easy. If owner is owner of famous buy+ he will get million reports per day and then just give one warning and if no change, nuke whole world. Only way how these greedy selfish kids can learn is, that devs force them to behave.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Banned

I don't think it earns them any fossils, since the players are in there for under 20 seconds.

Autoruns with slime designs or falling designs are fine, but the climbing ones and the lava ones are just awful. People created this kind of thing so people who bought the link from those worlds will profit more. This also prevent spammers spamming on the trade area.
    I have been playing this game since 2016!

I'm the guy who often misspelled growtopia to "groetopia"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coldshots View Post
    Autoruns with slime designs or falling designs are fine, but the climbing ones and the lava ones are just awful. People created this kind of thing so people who bought the link from those worlds will profit more. This also prevent spammers spamming on the trade area.
    That is the greediest, most disgusting method to manipulate people into buying overpriced asbestos, wings or climbing boots.

Like in a world where you buy raymans.

Im fine with the auto runs tbh

WHAT IM NOT FINE WITH IS THE VENDING MACHINES THAT FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY ASBESTOS BOOTS AND CLIMBING BOOTS IN EVERY POPULAR BUY+ WORLD.....
    lazers≠explosions

MrTorgue

Autorun is just like a "terms and conditions" if you dont want to use it just leave...
    but forcing people to buy overpriced items just to get inside that was way too far greed.

anyways if you wanna see a satisfying auto run set this destination on a door EURYBFG:XTRY

IGN: EuryX

Goals

1.Get to Level 125 : [125/125] [ √ ]

2.Get the 1st BGL : [ Impossible ] [ X ]

3.Upgrade Guild to Level 15 : [ 9/15 ] [ X ]

4.Recycle 200 Magplants and Quit Growtopia [ 8/200 ] [ X ]

Free BFG @ EURYBFG

Quote Originally Posted by 10bang View Post
    Im fine with the auto runs tbh

WHAT IM NOT FINE WITH IS THE VENDING MACHINES THAT FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY ASBESTOS BOOTS AND CLIMBING BOOTS IN EVERY POPULAR BUY+ WORLD.....
    Oh this game just always surprises me with how dumb **** people can come up with
    I don't play this anymore

My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

If you think buyrayman is bad have you checked out Buyvend.
    wow nice picture

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    If you think buyrayman is bad have you checked out Buyvend.
    Some worlds don't require you to have a short auto run, YOU NEED A Parkour with climbing shoes and asbestos lol, owner writes " Spammer filter" but puts a vend with wings or needed clothing to pass the filter.

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanJr View Post
    Some worlds don't require you to have a short auto run, YOU NEED A Parkour with climbing shoes and asbestos lol, owner writes " Spammer filter" but puts a vend with wings or needed clothing to pass the filter.
    Yea those world's are very annoying to say the least. But for Buyvend it's basically multiple people who bought links and they all have gotten banned so now the people that owned fossil spots in those links have used game generators to link to their world. But yea "Spam filters" are just another word for I would like to capitalize on your inconvenience.
    wow nice picture