Thread: Is my world good enough for WOTD?

Default Is my world good enough for WOTD?

Name:  deringwoods (1).png
Views: 115
Size:  704.8 KB Please honest thoughtsName:  deringwoods (8).png
Views: 28
Size:  716.5 KB New one!
    Last edited by 5Special; 01-25-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 5Special View Post
    Name:  deringwoods (1).png
Views: 115
Size:  704.8 KB Please honest thoughts
    Yes it is, the parkour looks the same though, but it will do!
    I see a lot of effort was put into it, I like it.

Lots of parkours nowadays use a layout similar to yours (cave underneath some sort of forest.) You built it well overall, but it is a bit uncreative.
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Thanks man, appreciate it

So uh, I've decided to test the world and here's my first impression. The world has too many checkpoints, the amount of checkpoints is too much. There are checkpoints too often. You should def reduce that. Try not to put these checkpoints right after the start of the next level, let the player proceed a bit in the new level in order to reach the checkpoint. Let the player feel the taste of the parkour by failing and trying again and again so they can pass the parkour to reach the checkpoint. (Update, this does not apply to the cave. I like the rare checkpoint usage in the cave.)

Attachment 230557

Ok so here's something that I've noticed, it's not a problem, though, to make the parkour a bit harder and challenging, try to put spikes after the slow-falls. The reason why I'm pointing this out is that to make the quality of the parkour better.

Secondly, try to make sure that you have a few of those short jumps in your parkour. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Attachment 230558

Ok, so I've just noticed you have to 2-spike come out's which is quite good. I definitely like that.

By the way, I see a lot of paints used. That's quite a lot of WLs spent on, Damn. If you're willing to use this much paint, I have an idea in my mind, you could use some stack of ice in the world. Try to put ice in parkour and paint them to Green as it's the theme of the world.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 02_24_02 (2).png
Views: 63
Size:  148.9 KB

As for this area, I suggest you put spikes down there, actually, I'll use the planner to show you what I'm talking about

Name:  Cernodile's Tools - World Planner - Google Chrome 21.01.2020 02_27_09 (2).png
Views: 62
Size:  11.5 KB

Alright, I've just encountered this part, this is what I've been searching for in the whole parkour area and what I was talking a paragraph ago, try to have this more often in your parkour. (Update, I've just encountered once again, ok, it's a good sign.)

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 02_37_03 (2).png
Size:  103.5 KB

So one thing I've noticed in the world, you have too many spikes which aren't used in the parkour but which are rather used in the design, you could use other blocks such as hedges and other Jungle-themed blocks in the world instead of wasting your spikes

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 02_40_29 (3).png
Size:  58.9 KB

The parkour in the cave is definitely OK, it's challenging parkour, I like it, it definitely has the short jumps and slow falls I'm talking about, +1 from me. (Update, the cave got me so hard, this is what I've been waiting since the start.)

The use of spikes here is very good, you should have this more often

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_00_42 (2).png
Views: 60
Size:  337.7 KB

Welp, I just got disconnected in the middle of the parkour so I had to re-start the world and I can quite say the first level was easy, however the cave got me really hard. I had a fun time dealing with all those spikes in the cave. I can definitely say the cave was extremely testing the skills.

And there's this one thing which I have no idea what it is, so, I'm just going to show it from the render.

Name:  how to screenshot in windows 10 - Google Search - Google Chrome 21.01.2020 03_22_21 (2).png
Size:  279.4 KB

So while I was in this part, I had the idea of using the Darkness and Black Wallpaper together. It would improve the quality of the parkour.

Overall, this world is definitely WOTD worthy however the Jungle theme is too common and overused. I'll be honest but the blocks used are too common and overused as well, you could try to mix different blocks to create your own type of jungle in your next world which would be creative and good. The first level was easy which definitely made me stick to the world and the rest of the parkour was really challenging. I like the world.

However I'm not a good parkour-ist, it took me around an hour to finish the world while writing this reply and doing the parkour at the same time. Thanks for the experience, nice world overall.

Hope you like it.

Default Ree

Made the spawn look alot better, won't show in render tho.. sorry for that but u can experience it in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    So uh, I've decided to test the world and here's my first impression. The world has too many checkpoints, the amount of checkpoints is too much. There are checkpoints too often. You should def reduce that. Try not to put these checkpoints right after the start of the next level, let the player proceed a bit in the new level in order to reach the checkpoint. Let the player feel the taste of the parkour by failing and trying again and again so they can pass the parkour to reach the checkpoint. (Update, this does not apply to the cave. I like the rare checkpoint usage in the cave.)

Attachment 230557

Ok so here's something that I've noticed, it's not a problem, though, to make the parkour a bit harder and challenging, try to put spikes after the slow-falls. The reason why I'm pointing this out is that to make the quality of the parkour better.

Secondly, try to make sure that you have a few of those short jumps in your parkour. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Attachment 230558

Ok, so I've just noticed you have to 2-spike come out's which is quite good. I definitely like that.

By the way, I see a lot of paints used. That's quite a lot of WLs spent on, Damn. If you're willing to use this much paint, I have an idea in my mind, you could use some stack of ice in the world. Try to put ice in parkour and paint them to Green as it's the theme of the world.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 02_24_02 (2).png
Views: 63
Size:  148.9 KB

As for this area, I suggest you put spikes down there, actually, I'll use the planner to show you what I'm talking about

Name:  Cernodile's Tools - World Planner - Google Chrome 21.01.2020 02_27_09 (2).png
Size:  11.5 KB

Alright, I've just encountered this part, this is what I've been searching for in the whole parkour area and what I was talking a paragraph ago, try to have this more often in your parkour. (Update, I've just encountered once again, ok, it's a good sign.)

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 02_37_03 (2).png
Size:  103.5 KB

So one thing I've noticed in the world, you have too many spikes which aren't used in the parkour but which are rather used in the design, you could use other blocks such as hedges and other Jungle-themed blocks in the world instead of wasting your spikes

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 02_40_29 (3).png
Size:  58.9 KB

The parkour in the cave is definitely OK, it's challenging parkour, I like it, it definitely has the short jumps and slow falls I'm talking about, +1 from me. (Update, the cave got me so hard, this is what I've been waiting since the start.)

The use of spikes here is very good, you should have this more often

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_00_42 (2).png
Size:  337.7 KB

Welp, I just got disconnected in the middle of the parkour so I had to re-start the world and I can quite say the first level was easy, however the cave got me really hard. I had a fun time dealing with all those spikes in the cave. I can definitely say the cave was extremely testing the skills.

And there's this one thing which I have no idea what it is, so, I'm just going to show it from the render.

Name:  how to screenshot in windows 10 - Google Search - Google Chrome 21.01.2020 03_22_21 (2).png
Size:  279.4 KB

So while I was in this part, I had the idea of using the Darkness and Black Wallpaper together. It would improve the quality of the parkour.

Overall, this world is definitely WOTD worthy however the Jungle theme is too common and overused. I'll be honest but the blocks used are too common and overused as well, you could try to mix different blocks to create your own type of jungle in your next world which would be creative and good. The first level was easy which definitely made me stick to the world and the rest of the parkour was really challenging. I like the world.

However I'm not a good parkour-ist, it took me around an hour to finish the world while writing this reply and doing the parkour at the same time. Thanks for the experience, nice world overall.

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by 5Special; 01-25-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Any way i could change the parkour?