Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 204

Thread: Love doesn't hate | LGBTQIA+ world project

  1. #109
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Why should you try to get teach them that Gay is not a swearword in Growtopia, when you could do something that actually works, instead of being a part in destroying the community with drama.

    And besides that, it's the parents' job to do that, not yours.
    Yes, it's not appropriate for Growtopia.

    If you get offended from people saying gay as a bad word, /ignore, was made for a reason, and don't forget the /report also.

    I don't mind people who are different, but I do not like when they are bothering others about issues that don't even exist in Growtopia.
    Once again, bullying/harassment is against the rules. Using “gay” as an insult is even worse because it is insulting to an entire minority. Because of the widespread use of “gay” as an insult, it is not addressed nor combated by our moderators or developers. Due to an overwhelming majority of players using it, the moderators and developers don’t do much about it. That’s why it’s our job as a community to educate people and teach them to not be toxic.

    If your only defense is “it’s not appropriate”, you don’t have a very good argument. If you think the use of “gay” as an insult is not an issue in Growtopia, you must not pay attention to broadcasts or the players who use it constantly.

    If you want to continue the discussion, answer the question.

    Why is making an anti-bullying world bad just because of the LGBT theme?

    Until you have an answer to that question, please stop repeating yourself, I’ve gone over your points already.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  2. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Once again, bullying/harassment is against the rules. Using “gay” as an insult is even worse because it is insulting to an entire minority. Because of the widespread use of “gay” as an insult, it is not addressed nor combated by our moderators or developers. Due to an overwhelming majority of players using it, the moderators and developers don’t do much about it. That’s why it’s our job as a community to educate people and teach them to not be toxic.

    If your only defense is “it’s not appropriate”, you don’t have a very good argument. If you think the use of “gay” as an insult is not an issue in Growtopia, you must not pay attention to broadcasts or the players who use it constantly.

    If you want to continue the discussion, answer the question.

    Why is making an anti-bullying world bad just because of the LGBT theme?

    Until you have an answer to that question, please stop repeating yourself, I’ve gone over your points already.
    It's not our job to moderate, leave it to the guardians and mods.

  3. #111
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    It's not our job to moderate, leave it to the guardians and mods.
    A guardian told me he couldn’t punish someone for using “gay” as an insult because it would be the same as accepting that “gay” is an insult.

    When your guardians and mods are that incompetent, you kinda have to take things into your own hands.

    You still haven’t answered my question. I’ll ask it again.

    Why is making an anti-bullying world inappropriate just because of the LGBT theme?

    If you can’t answer the question, don’t reply.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  4. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    A guardian told me he couldn’t punish someone for using “gay” as an insult because it would be the same as accepting that “gay” is an insult.

    When your guardians and mods are that incompetent, you kinda have to take things into your own hands.

    You still haven’t answered my question. I’ll ask it again.

    Why is making an anti-bullying world inappropriate just because of the LGBT theme?

    If you can’t answer the question, don’t reply.
    Because it will obviously do more harm than good to the community. I don't get why it needs to be specific in any
    theme.

    Gay can be a bad word if you get offended, in the end games, you're the one determining how you take it.

    I'm not saying it should be used as such, but it is being used but sadly, it is used as such.

  5. #113
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Because it will obviously do more harm than good to the community. I don't get why it needs to be specific in any
    theme.

    Gay can be a bad word if you get offended, in the end games, you're the one determining how you take it.

    I'm not saying it should be used as such, but it is being used as
    such.
    It’ll do more harm than good to address bullying in a new way? Yeah, right. That makes sense.

    We don’t determine how we “take” things. The meaning is found in the context. In what context is someone using the word? That’s what matters and how you know if they’re using it with negative connotation. You’ll learn all about connotation and context in English class. It seems that Guardian hadn’t gotten out of highschool yet or else they’d see that obvious flaw in their logic. That’s why we need to stop accepting 16 year olds as enforcers of the rules in this game.

    The fact that it IS being used as an insult shows that we need to do something, especially since the people who’s job it is to stop bullying are just ignoring it. It’s an even bigger issue than calling someone a curse word, as “gay” warps people’s perception of what it means to be gay when it’s used in a negative way.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  6. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    It’ll do more harm than good to address bullying in a new way? Yeah, right. That makes sense.

    We don’t determine how we “take” things. The meaning is found in the context. In what context is someone using the word? That’s what matters and how you know if they’re using it with negative connotation. You’ll learn all about connotation and context in English class. It seems that Guardian hadn’t gotten out of highschool yet or else they’d see that obvious flaw in their logic. That’s why we need to stop accepting 16 year olds as enforcers of the rules in this game.

    The fact that it IS being used as an insult shows that we need to do something, especially since the people who’s job it is to stop bullying are just ignoring it. It’s an even bigger issue than calling someone a curse word, as “gay” warps people’s perception of what it means to be gay when it’s used in a negative way.
    A world won't change anything, it will just cause drama.
    Half of what you said were baseless opinions.

    You're not their parents, not your job to teach them through a game

    Also, you can't be bullied for being gay unless you run around broadcasting or screaming it.

  7. #115
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    A world won't change anything, it will just cause drama.
    Half of what you said were baseless opinions.

    You're not their parents, not your job to teach them through a game

    Also, you can't be bullied for being gay unless you run around broadcasting or screaming it.
    Do you ever get new points?

    An anti-bullying world with an LGBT theme will show that not everyone is easily and mindlessly manipulated into using the word “gay” as if it’s an insult. It will show to actual LGBT people in this game that not everyone is a bigot or a stupid kid. It might even change some of those kids’ minds, and make them rethink their decision to use “gay” as an insult.

    As I’ve said before, I never said that people were being bullied based on their sexuality. I said that “gay” has been used as an insult to people regardless of whether they are or are not gay, which then gives the word negative connotation.

    I’ve addressed every single point you’ve said. This is an endless loop of me responding to your points logically and you restating the same points. When will you stop?
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  8. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Do you ever get new points?

    An anti-bullying world with an LGBT theme will show that not everyone is easily and mindlessly manipulated into using the word “gay” as if it’s an insult. It will show to actual LGBT people in this game that not everyone is a bigot or a stupid kid. It might even change some of those kids’ minds, and make them rethink their decision to use “gay” as an insult.

    As I’ve said before, I never said that people were being bullied based on their sexuality. I said that “gay” has been used as an insult to people regardless of whether they are or are not gay, which then gives the word negative connotation.

    I’ve addressed every single point you’ve said. This is an endless loop of me responding to your points logically and you restating the same points. When will you stop?
    That would only cause drama, look at this thread.

  9. #117
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    That would only cause drama, look at this thread.
    Yes, the reason this started is because of people like you who tried to claim this is political or an age thing. The only ones who turned this into a debate are the people who were against an anti-bullying world, just because of its theme. You’re not on the right side of this argument.

    This discussion is over.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  10. #118
    Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Eris, Moon
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I’m not going to be using direct quotations because I don’t necessarily want to interupt you guys but I have a few thoughts after reading the past new posts.

    -It is NOT a parent/guardian’s responsibility to teach a child about sexuality, many don’t. I mean it would be helpful if they did and very useful but it would likely be biased and doesn’t happen often. I figured out who I was through myself and LGBTQ+ accepting communities. Communities like the one we are trying to create right now. The only thing my parents contributed was making me insecure and hate myself. I don’t understand why this guy is so opposed to a world that will help others indefinitely, if we get hate for it we can try handle it, we already get enough hate on a daily basis, just because you only acknowledge it now, doesn’t mean hate for people LGBTQ+ hasn’t been happening before this post.

    -Being called ‘gay’ or ‘f*ggot’ as an insult, IS offensive, no matter what way you put it. First off it’s an implication that you are something bad in the eyes of others and that can really affect your mental health if you don’t have ‘tough skin’. Although basically everybody in this game isn’t mature enough to have ‘tough skin’ so yes, it is offensive to be portrayed as some evil being that is often associated with being ‘disgusting’.

    -You can be bullied for being LGBTQ+ on growtopia without ‘shouting it’, I was talking to my friends in a world and there was a few others there, my friend asked me if I got a date for my school formal. I said ‘yeah a cute guy invited me’ (yes I’m a bisexual guy but I had no other photo to put as my pfp). After I said that, two people came over and interupted our conversation. It went a little like this.

    Guy 1: Omg are you gay?
    Guy 2: What the %*$#
    Me: Yeah.. why?
    Guy 2: Ew f*ggot
    Guy 1: Go burn in hell
    Me: What is your problem?
    Guy 1: You’re gay that’s disgusting
    Guy 2: Gay lol your a mistake go kill your self

    People go through stuff like this on this game EVERY SINGLE DAY. Trust me. All I did was talk to my friend and this is what can happen, I’m not ‘shouting it’ e.e
    Yours sincerely,

    The embodiment of pure ecstasy.

  11. #119
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    You still don't believe, that this topic is political?

    This thread started with a lure.
    Vague promises like "Love", or "No Hate".
    The idea was to for some random, unqualified people to teach young players about a modern idea of sexual orientation, which is about the same level of creep as randomly visiting schools, hanging up unapproved flyers and asking the students very personal questions and ranting about their vulgar vocabulary.
    It went on to show that the supporters of the idea are close-minded by denying the opposition their opinion, calling them "homophobic" while not even taking their arguments into consideration.
    For me it ended with some uneducated half-truths and a radical instruction, which is very opposite to what was originally promised:
    We must not tolerate intolerance, as paradoxical as that sounds.
    Is the common excuse of left-winged radicals like Antifa to literally beat people up for having opposing opinions.

    YES, again:
    Having close-minded and unqualified people spread their possibly radical ideas to children is dangerous.

  12. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    You still don't believe, that this topic is political?

    This thread started with a lure.
    Vague promises like "Love", or "No Hate".
    The idea was to for some random, unqualified people to teach young players about a modern idea of sexual orientation, which is about the same level of creep as randomly visiting schools, hanging up unapproved flyers and asking the students very personal questions and ranting about their vulgar vocabulary.
    It went on to show that the supporters of the idea are close-minded by denying the opposition their opinion, calling them "homophobic" while not even taking their arguments into consideration.
    For me it ended with some uneducated half-truths and a radical instruction, which is very opposite to what was originally promised:

    Is the common excuse of left-winged radicals like Antifa to literally beat people up for having opposing opinions.

    YES, again:
    Having close-minded and unqualified people spread their possibly radical ideas to children is dangerous.
    Exactly...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •