Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Love doesn't hate | LGBTQIA+ world project

Quote Originally Posted by UkyoKuonji View Post
    please close thread to avoid any drama that will happen again
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I'm annoyed because the topic has been floating around and nobody official will step in and clarify and clear it up. It is times like these I tend to think that neglect is happening on the forums.

It looks to me like a situation where some guidance is needed because some members on the forum are in a discussion about something being appropriate for the game or not and no one with the power to do so has offered clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Sorry if I made this too dramatic, but I think it's important for everyone to express their opinions.
    Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring the topic but we felt that we shouldn't step in unless there are actual infractions, we want to give you freedom to discuss and share different opinions and thoughts as long as they are given in a mature and respectful way, which is also pointed out in The Growtopian Code.

That's why we will not close the topic, but we will make sure to punish any kind of abusive comments and harassment. Kindly respect each others and keep your discussion on a family-friendly level. Thank you for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring the topic but we felt that we shouldn't step in unless there are actual infractions, we want to give you freedom to discuss and share different opinions and thoughts as long as they are given in a mature and respectful way, which is also pointed out in The Growtopian Code.

That's why we will not close the topic, but we will make sure to punish any kind of abusive comments and harassment. Kindly respect each others and keep your discussion on a family-friendly level. Thank you for understanding.
    Thank you so much for the reply. And also thank you for not closing the tread. I do think it's good for people to let opinions out about the world and idea for my project. I'm going to continue building it too. I just hope everyone can stay civil with it all. Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!
    Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Hi everyone,

What are your thoughts on the world project being proposed? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about it. Actually I understand it's probably not a question you would answer until an actual world was built.

I honestly think when it's narrowed down to a specific group you exclude a lot of other people. I can't say that I'm a member of a specific group but I do understand what it's like to be judged and bullied for the things I enjoy. That's why it was my advice to focus on tolerance for all differences in general.

As different as we all may be none of us want to be abused and we all want respect. That is the theme I would suggest building a world to promote.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 01-22-2020 at 03:12 PM.

What are your thoughts on the world project being proposed? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about it. Actually I understand it's probably not a question you would answer until an actual world was built.

I honestly think when it's narrowed down to a specific group you exclude a lot of other people. I can't say that I'm a member of a specific group but I do understand what it's like to be judged and bullied for the things I enjoy. That's why it was my advice to focus on tolerance for all differences in general.

As different as we all may be none of us want to be abused and we all want respect. That is the theme I would suggest building a world to promote.
    Well the world is going to be about loving who you are and being you no matter who you are. It's just also going to be about LGBT awareness
    Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by DJPMcG View Post
    Well the world is going to be about loving who you are and being you no matter who you are. It's just also going to be about LGBT awareness
    I just cleared an Ocean World I have no use for right now. If you need an empty world you can have it for your project. My older brother would respect your cause.

I just cleared an Ocean World I have no use for right now. If you need an empty world you can have it for your project. My older brother would respect your cause.
    I'm almost done clearing the world actually. Thank you though! I appreciate it!
    Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by DJPMcG View Post
    What we also shouldn't do is use things as an insult if they aren't one. Or even try to insult people in general. And by the way, no one in the LGBT community tries pushing anything onto everyone. I'm just trying to tell people that it's ok to be themselves and that it's ok to love whoever you want.
    I do agree with your point view on this, it a game for fun we shouldnt even bring this subject up
    It enough drama everyday in sb, the less the better, anyone can love anyone it dont matter. Just this kind issue need to be put aside, there ,more issue on a daily. Like crash, bot, spammer, bug,glitch and alot recipe haven't been discover. I'm sorry but there more thing need to be talk about and fix like guild event people have zero contributions and still get token free. Why not talk about those issue we need fix on a daily, and make growtopia a better and fair game.

Knight

Honestly I am so chuffed the moderators are okay with this! Thank you so much I can't wait to get building on it, my exams are ending tomorrow so I'll message you on discord when I'm free then, or we can add on growtopia when you're available.

Also from what I believe, the world is kind of more like an awareness for education purposes type of bulletin board world or so, some cute art or maybe a community center. We will steer clear from religious point of views and try to maintain a purely ethical and reasonable world that won't be forcing opinions onto anybody.

Also to whoever asked earlier about why there is such a big fascination with this thread is because I've been on growtopia around 6 years and this is the first time I've ever seen a project like this! It's so new, so naturally people will be quizzical and a bit worrying of it, however I assure you on behalf of who I have already talked to, we will make it a safe place for everybody, you won't have to be LGBTQ+ to visit and no ideals will be forceful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Q2bunnys View Post
    I do agree with your point view on this, it a game for fun we shouldnt even bring this subject up
    Well... I'm genuinely more excited for this than any project I've ever done in GT in 6 years and I've done WOTDS so yay it's gonna be fun for us don't worry about that

Have a nice day!
    Yours sincerely,

The embodiment of pure ecstasy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erida View Post
    Honestly I am so chuffed the moderators are okay with this! Thank you so much I can't wait to get building on it, my exams are ending tomorrow so I'll message you on discord when I'm free then, or we can add on growtopia when you're available.

Also from what I believe, the world is kind of more like an awareness for education purposes type of bulletin board world or so, some cute art or maybe a community center. We will steer clear from religious point of views and try to maintain a purely ethical and reasonable world that won't be forcing opinions onto anybody.

Also to whoever asked earlier about why there is such a big fascination with this thread is because I've been on growtopia around 6 years and this is the first time I've ever seen a project like this! It's so new, so naturally people will be quizzical and a bit worrying of it, however I assure you on behalf of who I have already talked to, we will make it a safe place for everybody, you won't have to be LGBTQ+ to visit and no ideals will be forceful at all.

Well... I'm genuinely more excited for this than any project I've ever done in GT in 6 years and I've done WOTDS so yay it's gonna be fun for us don't worry about that

Have a nice day!
    Hold up, nobody said that making the world is okay yet. They just stated that we are free to express our opinions about whether to make it or not on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Hold up, nobody said that making the world is okay yet. They just stated that we are free to express our opinions about whether to make it or not on here.
    I also talked to ottowo in the game and he said I should be fine to build the world.
    Howdy

Hey guys, I figured I would try to reply to this thread and address some things from a different perspective.
    Firstly, while I can understand this is an extremely important cause to many people, I’m not quite sure if the best way to address is is through a game (especially GT). I personally feel that in order for people to accept and understand the message behind LGTBQ+, they need to experience major societal shifts in the real world. Most of the players (often children) that you addressed that make remarks like “gay lol” usually say it in a harmless manner. That does not mean they should say it, and that it isn’t harmful, but typically they do not intend to target LGBTQ+ and attack them. They’re young, do not understand the meaning and it’s impact, and find it is something comical.
    Now, this is a video game, so I can’t see any instance where sexuality affects how you play. Aside from the comments you might hear from some people in regards to sexuality, the ability to play and enjoy the game is not at all dependent on your sexuality. As well, the game itself is extremely diverse with many LGTBQ+ accepting cultures, and others that are highly against it, which is again why I mentioned there needs to be societal shifts to see change. It is very hard, especially over the internet, to convince these (young) players from anti-LGBTQ+ countries what it means and the importance. Finally, a lot of people play the game to escape the burdens and topics of the outside world. I don’t care what people say, but this topic IS controversial - this movement alone proves that it is - and some people may not necessarily want that coming into a game that they enjoy.

I won’t be the one closing the thread or shutting the project down, so if you guys are going to debate if this should be allowed or not, you might want to take it up with some Ubistaff members.

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    Hey guys, I figured I would try to reply to this thread and address some things from a different perspective.
    Firstly, while I can understand this is an extremely important cause to many people, I’m not quite sure if the best way to address is is through a game (especially GT). I personally feel that in order for people to accept and understand the message behind LGTBQ+, they need to experience major societal shifts in the real world. Most of the players (often children) that you addressed that make remarks like “gay lol” usually say it in a harmless manner. That does not mean they should say it, and that it isn’t harmful, but typically they do not intend to target LGBTQ+ and attack them. They’re young, do not understand the meaning and it’s impact, and find it is something comical.
    Now, this is a video game, so I can’t see any instance where sexuality affects how you play. Aside from the comments you might hear from some people in regards to sexuality, the ability to play and enjoy the game is not at all dependent on your sexuality. As well, the game itself is extremely diverse with many LGTBQ+ accepting cultures, and others that are highly against it, which is again why I mentioned there needs to be societal shifts to see change. It is very hard, especially over the internet, to convince these (young) players from anti-LGBTQ+ countries what it means and the importance. Finally, a lot of people play the game to escape the burdens and topics of the outside world. I don’t care what people say, but this topic IS controversial - this movement alone proves that it is - and some people may not necessarily want that coming into a game that they enjoy.

I won’t be the one closing the thread or shutting the project down, so if you guys are going to debate if this should be allowed or not, you might want to take it up with some Ubistaff members.
    Yeah I definitely see where you are coming from and you made some very valid points. I think that even though it may not be the 'best way to address it', I believe it's still worth a try regardless. Everything starts somewhere, I personally don't mind if this impacts only one person out of the thousands of players, if it at least makes one person feel a bit better it will be worth it for me.

Do you know how we would be able to get into contact with any ubistaff members to request the building of the world? Assuming we need permission.
    Yours sincerely,

The embodiment of pure ecstasy.