Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 204

Thread: Love doesn't hate | LGBTQIA+ world project

  1. #97
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    I thought when the discussion ventured into area of something being allowed or not because of the rules of the game, it should of been a time when some one from the staff would step in and clarify. I lost interest waiting for that clarification.

    I would think that anytime people are discussing the rules and there isn't a clear understanding of something being allowed or not that some one should step up and make it clear.

    I'm disappointed that didn't happen. I'm going to leave the discussion because I have nothing more to add. I hope everyone reaches a satisfactory resolution eventually.

  2. #98
    Lesser Wizard DJPMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA - Ohio
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I thought when the discussion ventured into area of something being allowed or not because of the rules of the game, it should of been a time when some one from the staff would step in and clarify. I lost interest waiting for that clarification.

    I would think that anytime people are discussing the rules and there isn't a clear understanding of something being allowed or not that some one should step up and make it clear.

    I'm disappointed that didn't happen. I'm going to leave the discussion because I have nothing more to add. I hope everyone reaches a satisfactory resolution eventually.
    Thank you for being a part of this discussion. I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Howdy

  3. #99
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    You homophobes need to stop. Don’t promote your hatred in a video game. If someone wants to make a world dedicated to the LGBT community, that’s not a bad thing, nor is it controversial.

    All forms of bullying and harassment are illegal and punishable - including shaming someone for their sexuality. If anything, a world dedicated to LGBT people would show that we’re an accepting community for anyone who wants to play Growtopia.

    It’s 2020. Stop hating people based on the way they were born. Discrimination is against the rules. We must not tolerate intolerance, as paradoxical as that sounds.

    Hating homosexuals is pointless. Over 30 species can be homosexual - and yet we’re the only species that shames homosexuals. Why? The role of homosexuality in an ecosystem is for homosexual parents to care for children that their original parents couldn’t keep up with. Why hate people who’s purpose in nature is to care for children that are left behind?

    Hatred and bigotry are purely pathetic. Keep your hatred out of Growtopia. LGBT+ people are welcome. Stop acting like making a world dedicated to the LGBT community would cause the game to explode or turn everyone gay. That’s not how anything works. Grow up, people.
    Last edited by 72ndSpirit; 01-23-2020 at 02:03 AM.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  4. #100
    Knight hi guise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    coolville
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScammePlse View Post
    Aren't gt players abit young? To understand LGBTQ
    you are never too young to have sexuality forced on you what the frick is this comment even

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    Hey guys, I figured I would try to reply to this thread and address some things from a different perspective.
    Firstly, while I can understand this is an extremely important cause to many people, I’m not quite sure if the best way to address is is through a game (especially GT). I personally feel that in order for people to accept and understand the message behind LGTBQ+, they need to experience major societal shifts in the real world. Most of the players (often children) that you addressed that make remarks like “gay lol” usually say it in a harmless manner. That does not mean they should say it, and that it isn’t harmful, but typically they do not intend to target LGBTQ+ and attack them. They’re young, do not understand the meaning and it’s impact, and find it is something comical.
    Now, this is a video game, so I can’t see any instance where sexuality affects how you play. Aside from the comments you might hear from some people in regards to sexuality, the ability to play and enjoy the game is not at all dependent on your sexuality. As well, the game itself is extremely diverse with many LGTBQ+ accepting cultures, and others that are highly against it, which is again why I mentioned there needs to be societal shifts to see change. It is very hard, especially over the internet, to convince these (young) players from anti-LGBTQ+ countries what it means and the importance. Finally, a lot of people play the game to escape the burdens and topics of the outside world. I don’t care what people say, but this topic IS controversial - this movement alone proves that it is - and some people may not necessarily want that coming into a game that they enjoy.

    I won’t be the one closing the thread or shutting the project down, so if you guys are going to debate if this should be allowed or not, you might want to take it up with some Ubistaff members.
    thank you for your input advice i think growtopia does need to become mature but that is just not happen that is why we need world to promote lgbtqiap+ because it will help people change mind or maybe not change mind but at less respect differents

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    You homophobes need to stop. Don’t promote your hatred in a video game. If someone wants to make a world dedicated to the LGBT community, that’s not a bad thing, nor is it controversial.

    All forms of bullying and harassment are illegal and punishable - including shaming someone for their sexuality. If anything, a world dedicated to LGBT people would show that we’re an accepting community for anyone who wants to play Growtopia.

    It’s 2020. Stop hating people based on the way they were born. Discrimination is against the rules. We must not tolerate intolerance, as paradoxical as that sounds.

    Hating homosexuals is pointless. Over 30 species can be homosexual - and yet we’re the only species that shames homosexuals. Why? The role of homosexuality in an ecosystem is for homosexual parents to care for children that their original parents couldn’t keep up with. Why hate people who’s purpose in nature is to care for children that are left behind?

    Hatred and bigotry are purely pathetic. Keep your hatred out of Growtopia. LGBT+ people are welcome. Stop acting like making a world dedicated to the LGBT community would cause the game to explode or turn everyone gay. That’s not how anything works. Grow up, people.
    thats a slippery slope i can feel myself slide already
    hi guise, im hi, guise, im hi guise, im hi, guise

  5. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    You homophobes need to stop. Don’t promote your hatred in a video game. If someone wants to make a world dedicated to the LGBT community, that’s not a bad thing, nor is it controversial.

    All forms of bullying and harassment are illegal and punishable - including shaming someone for their sexuality. If anything, a world dedicated to LGBT people would show that we’re an accepting community for anyone who wants to play Growtopia.

    It’s 2020. Stop hating people based on the way they were born. Discrimination is against the rules. We must not tolerate intolerance, as paradoxical as that sounds.

    Hating homosexuals is pointless. Over 30 species can be homosexual - and yet we’re the only species that shames homosexuals. Why? The role of homosexuality in an ecosystem is for homosexual parents to care for children that their original parents couldn’t keep up with. Why hate people who’s purpose in nature is to care for children that are left behind?

    Hatred and bigotry are purely pathetic. Keep your hatred out of Growtopia. LGBT+ people are welcome. Stop acting like making a world dedicated to the LGBT community would cause the game to explode or turn everyone gay. That’s not how anything works. Grow up, people.
    There goes the "homophobe" card.

    We are just expressing our opinions.

  6. #102
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    You homophobes need to stop. Don’t promote your hatred in a video game. If someone wants to make a world dedicated to the LGBT community, that’s not a bad thing, nor is it controversial.

    All forms of bullying and harassment are illegal and punishable - including shaming someone for their sexuality. If anything, a world dedicated to LGBT people would show that we’re an accepting community for anyone who wants to play Growtopia.

    It’s 2020. Stop hating people based on the way they were born. Discrimination is against the rules. We must not tolerate intolerance, as paradoxical as that sounds.

    Hating homosexuals is pointless. Over 30 species can be homosexual - and yet we’re the only species that shames homosexuals. Why? The role of homosexuality in an ecosystem is for homosexual parents to care for children that their original parents couldn’t keep up with. Why hate people who’s purpose in nature is to care for children that are left behind?

    Hatred and bigotry are purely pathetic. Keep your hatred out of Growtopia. LGBT+ people are welcome. Stop acting like making a world dedicated to the LGBT community would cause the game to explode or turn everyone gay. That’s not how anything works. Grow up, people.
    Your post is one of the reasons why this entire discussion is so dangerous.
    You're obviously taking this very personal, to the point where you're delusionally making up situations.
    Are these even your own arguments, or are you just repeating what someone else told you when you were younger to the point where you've built up hatred yourself?
    Because that is what WILL happen when parents let unprofessionals manipulate their children.
    It doesn't matter what self-righteous best-thing-ever never-wrong ideology someone is a part of, don't make this a lgbtq thing. It's not about YOU.
    I would've just as much protested if someone asked for public assistance on building an anti-slave, or a pro-religion world.
    No one here who is against the project has voiced or promoted any kind of hatred, they just want to enjoy growtopia without any political drama.

  7. #103
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    There goes the "homophobe" card.

    We are just expressing our opinions.
    If your opinion promotes discrimination towards a minority then we don’t need it in this game, or on this forum.

    Don’t even get me started on your “this game is for 12 year olds” argument. It says 12+.

    LGBT people realize their sexuality when they’re 12 and into their teen years because of puberty. During this time they want to know that they’re still accepted into society, that they won’t be looked down upon based on the way they were born. Any sign of support for them matters.

    If your opinion is that we should stop being accepting of people, your opinion is one of hatred and bigotry, and I’d advise you to keep it to yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Your post is one of the reasons why this entire discussion is so dangerous.
    You're obviously taking this very personal, to the point where you're delusionally making up situations.
    Are these even your own arguments, or are you just repeating what someone else told you when you were younger to the point where you've built up hatred yourself?
    Because that is what WILL happen when parents let unprofessionals manipulate their children.
    It doesn't matter what self-righteous best-thing-ever never-wrong ideology someone is a part of, don't make this a lgbtq thing. It's not about YOU.
    I would've just as much protested if someone asked for public assistance on building an anti-slave, or a pro-religion world.
    No one here who is against the project has voiced or promoted any kind of hatred, they just want to enjoy growtopia without any political drama.
    Nobody made this about politics or morals until the homophobes came in. The original post was pretty simple. Homophobes started this debate, and obviously, you’re one of them. Someone just wanted to make a world and homophobes decided to crash the party, talking about “DoNt makE thiNgs PolitiCal”. If you’re really this mad about me saying that there’s nothing wrong with making an LGBT themed world, I think that shows what you’re really trying to say.

    I’ve been civil. You called ME delusional, said I’m the reason why discussing things is DANGEROUS, and have told me that I’M the one who’s filled with hatred.

    All this just because I want everyone to feel welcome in our community.. (Except for bigots, you know)
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  8. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    If your opinion promotes discrimination towards a minority then we don’t need it in this game, or on this forum.

    Don’t even get me started on your “this game is for 12 year olds” argument. It says 12+.

    LGBT people realize their sexuality when they’re 12 and into their teen years because of puberty. During this time they want to know that they’re still accepted into society, that they won’t be looked down upon based on the way they were born. Any sign of support for them matters.

    If your opinion is that we should stop being accepting of people, your opinion is one of hatred and bigotry, and I’d advise you to keep it to yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nobody made this about politics or morals until the homophobes came in. The original post was pretty simple. Homophobes started this debate, and obviously, you’re one of them. Someone just wanted to make a world and homophobes decided to crash the party, talking about “DoNt makE thiNgs PolitiCal”. If you’re really this mad about me saying that there’s nothing wrong with making an LGBT themed world, I think that shows what you’re really trying to say.

    I’ve been civil. You called ME delusional, said I’m the reason why discussing things is DANGEROUS, and have told me that I’M the one who’s filled with hatred.

    All this just because I want everyone to feel welcome in our community.. (Except for bigots, you know)
    First of all, stop calling us homophobes. Nobody has expressed any hatred towards a minority here, or they would've gotten an infraction.

    Stop making up delusional non-concrete arguments, and accusing the opposer of being 'phobic' towards something.

    Your argument makes no sense, it just accuses everyone of being a homophobe. You're better off making no reply at all, than making an ridiculous, accusative post about the opposers, and I then shaming the ones on your side of the argument at the same time.

    Tl;Dr of your argument is: "there was no problem until you homophobes came in and made it a problem".

    Don't reply to this unless you've got an solid argument.

  9. #105
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    First of all, stop calling us homophobes. Nobody has expressed any hatred towards a minority here, or they would've gotten an infraction.

    Stop making up delusional non-concrete arguments, and accusing the opposer of being 'phobic' towards something.

    Your argument makes no sense, it just accuses everyone of being a homophobe. You're better off making no reply at all, than making an ridiculous, accusative post about the opposers, and I then shaming the ones on your side of the argument at the same time.

    Tl;Dr of your argument is: "there was no problem until you homophobes came in and made it a problem".

    Don't reply to this unless you've got an solid argument.
    Here’s a solid argument;

    Anyone can understand that a simple theme is not against the rules of Growtopia, especially not one which promotes equality and acceptance. After the whole “political” thing passed, you tried to make it an age thing, which I’ve already talked about before. This whole time you’ve been trying to make up reasons that an LGBT themed world shouldn’t be a thing, whether it be politics or age.

    Why would it be such a big deal? It’s just a world theme, and you’ve been trying to find any possible reason to say it’s against the rules/code. Why would you be going out of your way to argue against it unless you were homophobic?

    How about this, you don’t reply to me unless YOU have a solid argument as to why an LGBT themed world is inappropriate. Obviously it’s not against the code or rules, as a developer would’ve stepped in to say so, and this issue would’ve been cleared up a long time ago.

    Obviously, an LGBT themed world is not against the rules, and yet you seem very offended by the thought of it. It somehow got under your skin so much that you had to specifically try to find any possible way that it could go against the code or rules. If that doesn’t scream “homophobia”, what does?

    Hope this has been entertaining for you.

    I say we wait for a moderator/developer to step in and finally end this. It’s up to them. Is promoting acceptance in our community against the code or rules? Is making a simple world theme against the code or rules? We’ll see.

    For now, I’m 99% sure it’s not inappropriate to make a world theme based on acceptance and equality.

    Edit: Not only is this a project to promote equality, it’s also an anti-bullying project. “Gay” is thrown around constantly by kids who are too young to even play the game (see the 12+ rating). Making sure that our community is tolerant is key to making sure that our community isn’t toxic.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  10. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Here’s a solid argument;

    Anyone can understand that a simple theme is not against the rules of Growtopia, especially not one which promotes equality and acceptance. After the whole “political” thing passed, you tried to make it an age thing, which I’ve already talked about before. This whole time you’ve been trying to make up reasons that an LGBT themed world shouldn’t be a thing, whether it be politics or age.

    Why would it be such a big deal? It’s just a world theme, and you’ve been trying to find any possible reason to say it’s against the rules/code. Why would you be going out of your way to argue against it unless you were homophobic?

    How about this, you don’t reply to me unless YOU have a solid argument as to why an LGBT themed world is inappropriate. Obviously it’s not against the code or rules, as a developer would’ve stepped in to say so, and this issue would’ve been cleared up a long time ago.

    Obviously, an LGBT themed world is not against the rules, and yet you seem very offended by the thought of it. It somehow got under your skin so much that you had to specifically try to find any possible way that it could go against the code or rules. If that doesn’t scream “homophobia”, what does?

    Hope this has been entertaining for you.

    I say we wait for a moderator/developer to step in and finally end this. It’s up to them. Is promoting acceptance in our community against the code or rules? Is making a simple world theme against the code or rules? We’ll see.

    For now, I’m 99% sure it’s not inappropriate to make a world theme based on acceptance and equality.

    Edit: Not only is this a project to promote equality, it’s also an anti-bullying project. “Gay” is thrown around constantly by kids who are too young to even play the game (see the 12+ rating). Making sure that our community is tolerant is key to making sure that our community isn’t toxic.
    Nobody is getting bullied in Growtopian for having a different sexuality, unless they go screaming it around, so stop creating any trying to solve problems that were never even there.

    It's not appropriate for Growtopia and it's community.

    Read my previous post.
    This does not belong in Growtopia, the real world can stay outside of the Game.

    You can't base your argument on guesses that a world like that is appropriate or even legal in GT.

    Having an LGBT world is the same as having a pro-religious world, it creates ridiculous amounts of unnecessary drama which nobody wants.

  11. #107
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Nobody is getting bullied in Growtopian for having a different sexuality, unless they go screaming it around, so stop creating any trying to solve problems that were never even there.

    It's not appropriate for Growtopia and it's community.
    I didn’t say people were being bullied for their sexuality. I said people are using “gay” as an insult. When that many people throw the word around in a negative way, it paints that word with negative connotation. If 12 year olds grow up seeing “gay” as being bad, just because they saw it get thrown around in a video game, they’ll be less accepting towards actual gay people due to growing up with that mindset.

    If you think the constant use of the word “gay” in a negative way isn’t a problem, then I don’t really know what to say to you at that point.

    If your only evidence is “it’s not appropriate”, you don’t have a very good argument. How the hell is making a world based on acceptance and combating bullying “inappropriate”?

    Just say “I don’t like LGBT people”. It’s better than grasping at straws like this.

    Just saw your edits, and once again, you fail to give any evidence that an anti-bullying world is illegal in Growtopia. You just don’t like the idea because it has an LGBT theme. Discrimination and promoting acceptance can’t both be illegal at the same time. It’s one or the other, and I have yet to find a single rule saying that making a world based on equality and acceptance is illegal, but I HAVE found a rule that says discrimination is illegal.

    So far, the only one bringing unnecessary drama is you, as much as I hate to say it. I really respected you. I thought you of all people would be okay with an anti-bullying world, no matter what the theme was.

    So, checkmate. End of discussion. I hope we can get past this. I don’t think you have bad intentions by any means, but you definitely need to choose your words wisely.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

  12. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    I didn’t say people were being bullied for their sexuality. I said people are using “gay” as an insult. When that many people throw the word around in a negative way, it paints that word with negative connotation. If 12 year olds grow up seeing “gay” as being bad, just because they saw it get thrown around in a video game, they’ll be less accepting towards actual gay people due to growing up with that mindset.

    If you think the constant use of the word “gay” in a negative way isn’t a problem, then I don’t really know what to say to you at that point.

    If your only evidence is “it’s not appropriate”, you don’t have a very good argument. How the hell is making a world based on acceptance and combating bullying “inappropriate”?

    Just say “I don’t like LGBT people”. It’s better than grasping at straws like this.
    Why should you try to get teach them that Gay is not a swearword in Growtopia, when you could do something that actually works, instead of being a part in destroying the community with drama.

    And besides that, it's the parents' job to do that, not yours.
    Yes, it's not appropriate for Growtopia.

    If you get offended from people saying gay as a bad word, /ignore, was made for a reason, and don't forget the /report also.

    I don't mind people who are different, but I do not like when they are bothering others about issues that don't even exist in Growtopia.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •