Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: Legal Gambling

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Slayer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,959

    Default Legal Gambling

    We are all aware of legal gambling. Whether it's from SSU or the upcoming Valentine's event or the current LNY cookie's for the most part every major event in Growtopia has one form or another form of "Legal Gambling".

    They all provide you the chance of getting something "good" for a price. It's now an important part of the game and It's fundamental to how the game operates the economy. My issue isn't with the legal gambling but the lack of alternatives to legal gambling. I believe there should be multiple ways to obtain rare item's from an event.

    The classic way of just chance and another way where it would be alot harder but you have to grind for it and actually put in effort. Creating alternatives would diversify the path to obtaining item's. Having multiple ways of obtaining an items is alot better then the one chance way because it gives alternatives to players who would rather not spin the wheel of luck. When you have a single way of obtaining an item and that way is chance it creates a bad image of the game and it just creates what I call (Disguised Loot Boxes).

    You might argue that we are not directly spending real money for a chance to get an item and you could just farm for gems and spend those gems. That is true but that's not the real problem here sure you can farm and gain enough gems to spin the wheel of luck. But what I would like to see are alternatives to gaining those items. Ways that require alot more work ( as to not impact the % rate) but is an alternative so we as players can decide which way you would like to go.
    wow nice picture

  2. #2
    Lesser Knight BlueEncount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Somewhere in EARTH
    Posts
    37

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    We are all aware of legal gambling. Whether it's from SSU or the upcoming Valentine's event or the current LNY cookie's for the most part every major event in Growtopia has one form or another form of "Legal Gambling".

    They all provide you the chance of getting something "good" for a price. It's now an important part of the game and It's fundamental to how the game operates the economy. My issue isn't with the legal gambling but the lack of alternatives to legal gambling. I believe there should be multiple ways to obtain rare item's from an event.

    The classic way of just chance and another way where it would be alot harder but you have to grind for it and actually put in effort. Creating alternatives would diversify the path to obtaining item's. Having multiple ways of obtaining an items is alot better then the one chance way because it gives alternatives to players who would rather not spin the wheel of luck. When you have a single way of obtaining an item and that way is chance it creates a bad image of the game and it just creates what I call (Disguised Loot Boxes).

    You might argue that we are not directly spending real money for a chance to get an item and you could just farm for gems and spend those gems. That is true but that's not the real problem here sure you can farm and gain enough gems to spin the wheel of luck. But what I would like to see are alternatives to gaining those items. Ways that require alot more work ( as to not impact the % rate) but is an alternative so we as players can decide which way you would like to go.
    you can call that GACHA Boo
    ReDRioT!

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    But what I would like to see are alternatives to gaining those items. Ways that require alot more work ( as to not impact the % rate) but is an alternative so we as players can decide which way you would like to go.
    Splicing with tier items is best way to make growtopia great again in my opinion. Growtopia started and evolved with splicing feature but But sadly we didn't get any item with reasonable recipe in this 2-3years, they forgot about this feature (Developers added few blocks/clothes but almost all of them like tier +15 items(which is almost impossible to splice), 3 YEARS!
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 01-23-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer BoxeyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    978

    Default

    To be honest, they should make rare items that could be made by combining different ingredients or splicing between seeds. Similar to ROOTS but that is involving those mature root cutting to get new stuff. That one, is honestly kinda works, for me since I, myself still running a Root farm, but I believe it work for everybody as well, I hope!

    The fact that combining items for rares is much more satisfying rather than buring tons of locks to get cheap garbage is kind of frustating, sometimes leaving us with wee bit of anxiety. RNG is simply kind of works if our luck is on the spot like getting 2 White Crystals in a row or getting the most valuable prize in the Clash Parkour.


    The splicing mechanic also feels abandoned too, honestly. The only new rare item to make using seed splicing is the Monster Truck (Legen + Mutated), still, its.. kind of not enough.


    We know our Growtopia by plenty of rare, unique, items that is flexable to the public, obtained by luck. Item Of The Month, on the other hand, is a guaranteed item that we got by our own money, the gems we have collected from varoois ways, do feel satisfied a bit. I'm just glad the Devs decided to remove the 4-Color RNG, and also, kind of sad, due to the December 2019's IOTM, the Star Fighter that come with 2 unique design with the same functionality, is honestly pretty cool (to me, idk) and be thinking that, oh I probably think this idea might work for the future.


    I've been thinking, that we should take a break from this "suprise mechanics" and just like, get something cool, guaranteed to get by using such big effort that is worth it. Instead of having little effort of just wasting locks all over.
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

    tubatubatubatuba
    tubatubatubatuba


    #DragonSquad!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer ScammePlse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I funded Ubisoft's server
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    There's not much to argue on this.

    If were not all dumb, then we all for starters, know CNY, Valentine and many other events and scenarios in Growtopia that has RNG are all legal gambling. But this is kinda only touching the surface.

    If you dig deeper, legal gambling can technically be Ubisoft monopolizing this game. Code of conduct forbids casinos and other gambling of any sorts. This way, the only place where your currencies (either WLs or money) goes are either into the game or into Ubisoft's pockets.

    Of course, with this legal gambling. It's basically contradicting the code of conduct but in Ubisoft's defense, it's a way to stay safe from scams. But you got a point, we might need a alternative that's not P2W.
    O how little

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Slayer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Splicing with tier items is best way to make growtopia great again in my opinion. Growtopia started and evolved with splicing feature but But sadly we didn't get any item with reasonable recipe in this 2-3years, they forgot about this feature (Developers added few blocks/clothes but almost all of them like tier +15 items(which is almost impossible to splice), 3 YEARS!
    To be honest you are correct that we haven't gotten anything good under tier +15. That in my opinion should be something else they could work on it would be hard to make a item rare with splicable seeds since they would need to have a rarity (unless they create a new mechanic). I would like to see something else that doesn't involve any sort of rng based and more like a completion map something similar to quests.
    wow nice picture

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer No Emotions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    In a club room
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    it's not gambling if you get something everytime you pay something
    getting a low quality item and a high quality item in two different spins is not the same as getting something and not getting something in two different spins
    Can't find motivation to life. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaca
    I'm done. Monaca out.
    Discord tag: Neisse#4039
    IGN: NoEmotion
    Yes, I'm mean sometimes. Deal with it.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Place Far Away
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    To be honest, they should make rare items that could be made by combining different ingredients or splicing between seeds. Similar to ROOTS but that is involving those mature root cutting to get new stuff. That one, is honestly kinda works, for me since I, myself still running a Root farm, but I believe it work for everybody as well, I hope!

    The fact that combining items for rares is much more satisfying rather than buring tons of locks to get cheap garbage is kind of frustating, sometimes leaving us with wee bit of anxiety. RNG is simply kind of works if our luck is on the spot like getting 2 White Crystals in a row or getting the most valuable prize in the Clash Parkour.


    The splicing mechanic also feels abandoned too, honestly. The only new rare item to make using seed splicing is the Monster Truck (Legen + Mutated), still, its.. kind of not enough.


    We know our Growtopia by plenty of rare, unique, items that is flexable to the public, obtained by luck. Item Of The Month, on the other hand, is a guaranteed item that we got by our own money, the gems we have collected from varoois ways, do feel satisfied a bit. I'm just glad the Devs decided to remove the 4-Color RNG, and also, kind of sad, due to the December 2019's IOTM, the Star Fighter that come with 2 unique design with the same functionality, is honestly pretty cool (to me, idk) and be thinking that, oh I probably think this idea might work for the future.


    I've been thinking, that we should take a break from this "suprise mechanics" and just like, get something cool, guaranteed to get by using such big effort that is worth it. Instead of having little effort of just wasting locks all over.
    You run a root farm.
    May I buy your Bountiful Bamboo Platforms and Ladders. Kinda the Roots, Block and Seeds I need to stock lol
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell SOG 40/WL IN OQ60

    BUY TONS OF BOUNTIFUL PACK 2/1 LEAVE MSG IN OQ60

    Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

  9. #9
    Squire Tituksss GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Only if any admin read that... Why do I post suggestions anyways?
    Dumb ideas machine

    Last Suggestion : Ancestral of Love!

  10. #10
    Knight Geomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    We are all aware of legal gambling. Whether it's from SSU or the upcoming Valentine's event or the current LNY cookie's for the most part every major event in Growtopia has one form or another form of "Legal Gambling".

    They all provide you the chance of getting something "good" for a price. It's now an important part of the game and It's fundamental to how the game operates the economy. My issue isn't with the legal gambling but the lack of alternatives to legal gambling. I believe there should be multiple ways to obtain rare item's from an event.

    The classic way of just chance and another way where it would be alot harder but you have to grind for it and actually put in effort. Creating alternatives would diversify the path to obtaining item's. Having multiple ways of obtaining an items is alot better then the one chance way because it gives alternatives to players who would rather not spin the wheel of luck. When you have a single way of obtaining an item and that way is chance it creates a bad image of the game and it just creates what I call (Disguised Loot Boxes).

    You might argue that we are not directly spending real money for a chance to get an item and you could just farm for gems and spend those gems. That is true but that's not the real problem here sure you can farm and gain enough gems to spin the wheel of luck. But what I would like to see are alternatives to gaining those items. Ways that require alot more work ( as to not impact the % rate) but is an alternative so we as players can decide which way you would like to go.
    Can you give an example? What would be the alternative way to obtain -- let's say Golden Heart Crystal?
    IGN: Geomi
    World: GEOMI

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    2,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geomi View Post
    Can you give an example? What would be the alternative way to obtain -- let's say Golden Heart Crystal?
    golden heart ore
    h

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer 10bang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Eden 6
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No Emotions View Post
    it's not gambling if you get something everytime you pay something
    getting a low quality item and a high quality item in two different spins is not the same as getting something and not getting something in two different spins
    thats still gambling for something in general.

    A popular game that Ive seen the kids play on that thing call a console "Rocket League" had a loot box system which you gambled away your keys (which could only be made by trading or buying them with money) to open a crate that could give you a select item. After a while Psyonix had to completely change the system due to the sheer amount of uproar that came from the community after blowing 200-2000+ keys just to get a common wheel or a import car they didnt want. So in terms of whats happening now, the system is still gambling because it involves luck.

    Note: Definiton of Gambling- Play games of chance for money; bet

    You gamble away your gems (money) for a chance to get a ghc (because who wants a pair of angel wings when you can get a ghc?)
    lazers≠explosions

    MrTorgue

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •