Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuhan Coronavirus

Exclamation Wuhan Coronavirus (Things you might need to know!)

Wuhan Coronavirus
    Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Most of you have heard to a recent outbreak of a virus called the Wuhan Coronavirus. It is spreading quickly in China. The virus started in Wuhan at the end of 2019, one of the most populous city. The viruses originated from animals such as bats, camels, chickens, pigs, and more. The virus itself does cause diseases to animals. The virus wasn’t able to transmit to humans. However, the virus has evolved and can now be transmitted to humans.

World Health Organization (WHO) said that this an emergency in China and it has not yet become a global health emergency. So this virus has the potential to become one. As the condition gets worse, people must be informed about this virus is and what should they do about it.

Update: WHO has declared a public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of 2019nCoV. "Our greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems, and which are ill-prepared to deal with it. We must act now to help countries prepare for that possibility.
    This is the time for facts, not fear.
    This is the time for science, not rumours.
    This is the time for solidarity, not stigma."

What is a coronavirus?
    As mentioned, coronaviruses are viruses that cause diseases to animals. It evolved and it can infect humans. It will give humans a problem in their respiratory system. At the end of 2002, a disease called SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome) has spread worldwide that was originated in China. Around 8000 people worldwide have been infected by this virus and around 770 total deaths. A decade later, something similar called MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) has also infected around 2500 people with more than 850 deaths. It was originated in the middle east. Both of them are caused by the same type of virus which is the coronavirus.

Where did it come from?
    It is believed that the virus came from a seafood and meat market in Wuhan. Some say that this virus came from a bat soup. The bat might not be cooked well so the virus can still live inside the bat. On January 8th, Chinese researches had identified a new type of coronavirus that has been causing sickness around people.

What does the virus actually do when they have reached the human body?
    If you have learned about viruses in your biology class, then you would understand this much easier. They will go to your cells. One virus will land on one of your cells and will inject their RNAs into your cells. The RNAs will invade your cell’s nucleus and it takes over the whole cell. The RNA will use the cell to create new RNAs. Basically, creating babies inside your cells. After it has finished, the new virus will destroy your cell so they can go out. The new cells will repeat the process.

What are the symptoms?
    The symptoms are coughing, headache, aching, fever, difficult to breathe, and fatigue. If one has these symptoms, doesn’t mean it is infected by the virus. Lab tests are required to confirm that the subject really is infected by the virus. Some people have reported fainting during their activity because of this virus. News reported that the youngest victim to be confirmed to have infected by the coronavirus is a 6-month-old baby in Singapore.

How to protect yourself away from the virus?

There are many ways to protect yourself from those nasty infections. If you are in China, wear face masks immediately. Some other country might not be as bad as China, but wearing a face mask is a good way to protect yourself. Avoid eating raw or undercooked animal products. Avoid contacting with animals. In addition, regularly washing your hands using alcohol-based sanitizers. If you do have the symptoms as mentioned above, It is best to visit the doctor and they will examine you even further wether to confirm that you have been infected by the virus or not.

What China’s government has done to reduce the number of infections spreading worldwide?
    The people in China have been told to wear a face mask, in the hope for reducing the number of infections spreading across people. China has quarantined over 13 cities because the news has wildly reported that the virus has been spreading all over the world one by one. Very strict checkups in the airport, making sure that the virus cannot leave China. And so as some of the countries, they are doing checkups for all the people who came from China, making sure that the virus is not among them because it might spread to their country. Schools and some offices are closed until further notice. China bans the trade of wildlife across the country.

Any Cure? Is there a way to kill the viruses?
    As of today (30/1/2020), no confirmed vaccines that could cure the infected. However, some researches have claimed to found a vaccine for the coronavirus. It's being tested.

What are the efforts that the doctors have been doing to the infected?
    All of the doctors working on this case have been equipped with special outfits to protect themselves from the virus. They have been running lab tests to many people to confirm if they got infected or not. A doctor that has been working on the coronavirus has recently died in the age of 62. It is confirmed that he died because of the virus. Doctors also have been working non-stop and getting less rest.

What are the other countries have been doing to get their residences safe?
    Some countries have suspended their schools and visa. They’re keeping all of the people inside their house to reduce the number of infections. Some flights going to China are banned.

What are the countries that have been infected? (5/2/2020)
    • 1. China. >24.000 cases confirmed. ±23.000 suspects. >490 deaths. >892 people have recovered. ±185.000 quarantined.
    • 2. Australia. 12 cases confirmed.
    • 3. Japan. 33 cases confirmed.
    • 4. Malaysia. 10 cases confirmed.
    • 5. Singapore. 28 cases confirmed.
    • 6. France. 6 cases confirmed.
    • 7. Thailand. 25 cases confirmed.
    • 8. South Korea. 18 cases confirmed.
    • 9. The United States. 11 cases confirmed.
    • 10. Vietnam. 9 cases confirmed.
    • 11. Taiwan. 1 case confirmed.
    • 12. Nepal. 1 case confirmed.
    • 13. Hong Kong. 13 cases confirmed.
    • 14. Canada. 4 cases confirmed.
    • 15. Macau. 5 cases confirmed.
    • 16. Cambodia. 1 case confirmed.
    • 17. Germany. 5 cases confirmed.
    • 18. Sri Lanka. 1 case confirmed.
    • 19. UAE. 5 cases confirmed.
    • 20. Finland. 1 case confirmed
    • 21. Tibet. 1 case confirmed.
    • 22. The Philippines. 1 case confirmed. (the person that got infected has died)
    • 23. India. 1 case confirmed.
    • 24. Italy. 2 cases confirmed.
    • 25. The United Kingdom. 1 case confirmed.
    • 26. Russia. 1 case confirmed.
    • 27. Sweden. 1 case confirmed.
    • 28. Spain. 1 case confirmed.
    • 29. Belgium. 1 case confirmed.

(Wikipedia) [note: some info might be Incorrect, please let me know. Since it's getting too much, I might give a link here instead of me updating it once in some several hours. What u ppl think? Some sites has different information than the other ones. Even my list is inaccurate too. :/]

Thanks for reading. Make sure to read more articles about this to keep up to date. I’m sorry if there’s a mistake, please let me know and I’ll change it. Sorry if there are some incorrect usage of grammar. Yes, Grammars and Spellings do SUCK.

Note, I've made a revised version for this article, but I won't change this version tho. You peeps can still understand right???

(sources: Wikipedia, Google, CNBC, Indozone, Aljazeera, Popular Mechanics, NPR, Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, BBC, Channel News Asia, New York Times, Twitter, Instagram, LINE TODAY, ASEAN Briefing, JAKARTA GLOBE, TEMPO, DainikMitra, AlahedNews)
    Last edited by GEN; 02-05-2020 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Updated // Something was wrong // Grammatical Error // Updated Source
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

Discord: GENSEAF#1544
    Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
    I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC

damn.. i know about this outbreak but it spreads faster than i thought.. i guess people in Asia better wear a face mask and well.. 2020 started off bad real bad.

Stay safe Gamers.
    tu me manques.

Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

Damn!
    I was so lazy to actually google about this.

And you came up with this thread!
    NOICE.
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
    *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

Hope they find a cure fast many posts related to this one, I'm very scared now.

I've been wondering (my dad too). This year we have Japan's 2020 Summer Olympics, happening in July , is it gonna be postponed until this virus been settled or least not contagious. My least safe bet is that It'll probably been gone anyways.
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

tubatubatubatuba
    tubatubatubatuba

#DragonSquad!

how everyone in Asia be right now
    Name:  Screenshot_20200126-234342-01.jpeg
Views: 408
Size:  108.9 KB
    IGN : Liquify

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    how everyone in Asia be right now
    Name:  Screenshot_20200126-234342-01.jpeg
Views: 408
Size:  108.9 KB
    it is too big~!
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
    *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    I've been wondering (my dad too). This year we have Japan's 2020 Summer Olympics, happening in July , is it gonna be postponed until this virus been settled or least not contagious. My least safe bet is that It'll probably been gone anyways.
    I actually do some research and stumbled on this site. I think Japan hasn't made any changes to the Olympics Games' main schedule. The virus hasn't become serious yet to Japan. WHO did say that "it has not yet become a global health emergency". So, the game still go on. I'll keep an update on how the coronavirus outbreak affects events such as these.

Well, hopefully, they will figure it out hot to end this outbreak.
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)

I've heard there's 1-3 infected people in Russia too & that's heartbreaking to know that someone's suffering from Coronavirus at the moment, stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    I've heard there's 1-3 infected people in Russia too & that's heartbreaking to know that someone's suffering from Coronavirus at the moment, stay safe
    If you like, you can give a link that has a statement about Russia has confirmed a case about the coronavirus.
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GEN View Post
    If you like, you can give a link that has a statement about Russia has confirmed a case about the coronavirus.
    I've found some information about infected people in Russia here & they've talked about that in the news before

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1123236

I hope that link works but there’s 4 cases now apparently

Also it’s in california
    After like a year I figured out where this was. I’m an idoit

I have nothing else for this area!