Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 37

Thread: Growtopia has become about world locks and mindlessly punching blocks

  1. #25
    Master Sorcerer your0ruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,702

    Default

    By the way I have met quite a few people that have spent their entire vacation playing growtopia. They play for more than 12 hours a day. What do they do? They sit in trade worlds and trade a single item for fixed prices to earn world locks. Do you see how this can be damaging to their mental health? They've sacrificed spending time with their family to stare at a screen and either trade people or hold two buttons.

    But of course, most video games have such addicts and there is nothing we can do about it. It's just sad that nobody plays the video game for fun anymore. Growtopia fails at being the type of game which requires a lot of grinding as well. Because there are plenty of people that use unfair means such as bots and get away with it.

    I wouldn't recommend Growtopia to anybody anymore. I would make a fool out of myself if I did. But there was a time where I got all my friends to play together with me and we enjoyed invading worlds being zombies. But now, you cant move a block beyond the white door at any world that isn't a casino or drop game. Everybody is busy making world locks you see.

    Whenever I do play, I go to social worlds. That hasn't died yet. But there are plenty of the other apps if all you want to do is meet people. Why Growtopia? A game where nobody wants to talk to you if you don't have clothes worth 1000 hours of gameplay?
    Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
    -heth mumu

    Quote Originally Posted by your0ruler View Post
    also.....


    This cute teddy bear will cry if I get an infraction.
    Pic removed, please refrain from using naked women in your signature

  2. #26
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Alot of people really roasted the OP....


    I feel he is semi-right though...
    Although I actually DO think growtopia is about the same now as before, he did make a fair point about more spleefs. I want to say there still are spleef games and such(I run into about 4-10 a day). But back then, it was a lot more common.



    Sadly, we can't turn back time, only move forwards. A message mostly for the OP here, growtopia is/was fun for three reason to me. The abundance of spleef, socializing, and new updates/features.

    Sadly the first one has gone, but you can still social. As long as you treat people well, you can find some really cool people in the community.

    If Growtopia is boring, I also reccomend switching focus. I used to focus on spleefs and fashion shows alot. I still kinda do...but..... I also am getting into Pet Battles which are completely new grounds here for me. If you try something else, it may respark your interest!
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  3. #27
    Master Sorcerer TobyLerasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Yeah but the "old times" aren't coming back, they are gone. However I miss them too, we can't bring back the old times, no one can. The game improved in some aspects and whatnot. Comparing..it's normal, it's human nature. I say just do whatever you want to do, do things which you find fun to do. It's not a must to contribute to what the rest of the community is doing. All of us have different interests and what we find fun.

    Yeah the community has changed but there's not much we can do for that. People come and go, communities change with-in time. It's just like real life. There are still good people in this game and in this community. Time goes on, people change, things differ.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    I will keep my opion short.

    The parts of Growtopia that I most enjoyed were discovering new things and building worlds.

    I still remember the thrill I got from splicing new things and discovering which block was farmable. But now there is Wikia so nobody really splices things unless it's to make world locks by selling them.

    Spleef's and minigames were the most fun things. These aren't the only things that people hosted though, people would come up with all kinds of ideas and games to keep people in their world.

    It was the best part of Growtopia in my opinion.
    You can still continue doing the things which you find fun to do, don't let other factors get on your way. For mini-games, I don't think people really find them fun anymore? I'm not sure...
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

  4. #28
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    I enjoy punching blocks and making world locks.

  5. #29
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Please do note that things may change, it's up to you to accept the change or not. If something that is before was gold, something that is "today" can be also as gold as the before. Maybe it's because Growtopia is expanding especially its community due to new items being added every month. New ways and methods of stealing items has been arising. Ubisoft's also using Seth's game engine so not all things are possible.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  6. #30
    Lesser Wizard Sumotravis30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    yes.
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    I am a 2011 player and I miss buildo so much n ocasino only drop game not #legal

    #blessed #2020sucks #

    Ubisoft make so many poop update like fishing update and pet battle update so poopoo !!
    tAKe dAt bACC aBt PEt BAtTliNg yOu fOPdOOdLxnajqoncqbvvhkqhchkznq

    But yea. Most updates are pretty forgettable. To add to that, I'm pretty sure pet battling isn't made by Ubisoft, although they seem to forget about updating the new abilities from the new pets for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    The only thing I'm still here for is pet battling and building a world from time to time. I have literally like 1% of my networth as pures lol, everything spent on battle pets
    yasss fellow pet battler! +1

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseneck View Post
    I agree. When it became all about wls and dls, it took a turn for the worse. SSDD.
    I'm pretty sure adding to the fact that a handful of people sell dls for real money makes it even worse, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Alot of people really roasted the OP....


    I feel he is semi-right though...
    Although I actually DO think growtopia is about the same now as before, he did make a fair point about more spleefs. I want to say there still are spleef games and such(I run into about 4-10 a day). But back then, it was a lot more common.



    Sadly, we can't turn back time, only move forwards. A message mostly for the OP here, growtopia is/was fun for three reason to me. The abundance of spleef, socializing, and new updates/features.

    Sadly the first one has gone, but you can still social. As long as you treat people well, you can find some really cool people in the community.

    If Growtopia is boring, I also reccomend switching focus. I used to focus on spleefs and fashion shows alot. I still kinda do...but..... I also am getting into Pet Battles which are completely new grounds here for me. If you try something else, it may respark your interest!
    Agree! Heck, maybe if some people really wants this, then y'all could form like some sort of small community that has similar thoughts and opinions and then everyone there could live GT like the way it used to be.

    oh, about pb - are you that new to pb though?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Yeah but the "old times" aren't coming back, they are gone. However I miss them too, we can't bring back the old times, no one can. The game improved in some aspects and whatnot. Comparing..it's normal, it's human nature. I say just do whatever you want to do, do things which you find fun to do. It's not a must to contribute to what the rest of the community is doing. All of us have different interests and what we find fun.

    Yeah the community has changed but there's not much we can do for that. People come and go, communities change with-in time. It's just like real life. There are still good people in this game and in this community. Time goes on, people change, things differ.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can still continue doing the things which you find fun to do, don't let other factors get on your way. For mini-games, I don't think people really find them fun anymore? I'm not sure...
    "Old times" won't come back. But you sure hell can relive them with your friends too.

    Oh, and btw if you want to take it, I challenge you to innovate a simple, fresh and fun mini-game that anyone will be interested in, with or without a prize, preferably without one.
    This is Sumo. He's just a random level 67 Growtopian.

    That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

  7. #31
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    let me counter every of your opinion with mine:
    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post


    I still remember the thrill I got from splicing new things and discovering which block was a farmable. But now there is Wikia so nobody really splices things unless it's to make world locks by selling them.
    what do you want to do about this I wonder? deleting Wikia and let people be ignorant forever once the seed-splicing fun gets old? This is like old disconnected people saying "gosh kids these days only stare at their phones without ever going outside" they still could, but they chose to, their fault. Plus by saying that people prefer taking a look at Wikia than ignoring it and just splicing seeds, you're saying looking the Wikia is inherently better than (IMO) frustratingly finding the recipes of what you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    Events are nice. But I prefer events like balloon wars, pandemics and pet battle events. They are more involved. But still they don't give you anything that you just can't buy from some other player.
    duh...it's a trading game for a reason. The high price already justifies the items' rarity. If they just give everyone an untradeable item though, it kinda kills the point of the item being unique.

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    I used to especially enjoy the carnival. But I feel the carnival is useless now. The only reason people go there is for the ringmaster. Again the problem is because the prizes are tradable.
    As I said though, if something becomes untradeable but readily available to everyone, you wouldn't think of the item as "rare" or anything, contrary to it having a price which presents its rarity (price manipulation considered)
    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    Lastly my biggest disappointment is that spleefs and minigames have completely disappeared. Taking their place on the exit screen are casinos and drop games.

    I'm not complaining about the casinos. There is nothing we can do about them. But since there are no people hosting games or other fun stuff at their worlds, the only thing on the exit screen are these scams.

    Spleefs and minigames were the most fun things. These aren't the only things that people hosted though, people would come up with all kinds of ideas and games to keep people in their world.
    they still do come up with new games once in a while though. I haven't played for years so I couldn't tell for sure how prevalent casinos are, but I'm more than sure that spleef worlds and the likes are everywhere. Don't take stuff to the extreme.
    It was the best part of Growtopia in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    Now that there are no growtokens there is no reason for people to "waste time" keeping people in their world.
    I'd half disagree and half agree with this statement. Nowadays were the old honor system a thing you wouldn't get anything were it not a trade world (which kills the purpose of making a fun game world). If they change it so that you could get tokens regardless of honors there'd be a lot of sb-ers which I doubt your everyday spleef host could keep up with. If they could somehow balance that though, then it'd be great.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Creatorss View Post
    Well to be honest I agreed 100% with you man I just hope sometime they will do something about this By the way really nice calm speach I love it and not only that, This words are all truth.
    I'd love to call you out on your mindless post spamming.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    The reasoning behind what you are experiencing for the most part can be explained psychologically allow me to clarify. People experience emotions from the past more strongly than the present and your first time's are always more memorable. The reasoning behind this is when you say something was amazing or really good you are comparing it to what you have seen so far. So when the game was first introduced to you. Subconsciously you remember the evaluation for the event but forget the reason why which is there wasn't anything similar or like Growtopia for you to compare it to.

    In saying all of that I am not trying to say there hasn't been any issues or things that could have been done differently. But for the most part it's the same as before people will always complain about how good it was in the past it's just human nature.
    Yeah it's true. I firmly believe that people are inherently selfish and they always compare their self experiences with others' (sometimes, in a distorted way so that theirs could be better). The "I listen to older music so I'm better than today's generation" or the "I'm old and I'm successful because I work hard, kids these days are lazy" types are the prime examples of this thinking.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

    goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

  8. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    This is why I've mostly moved into other games. I don't longer play that much Growtopia, because it's boring with all the features already discovered, without mentioning the toxicity part.

  9. #33
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    You have been playing long enough to know that there was not a time where people were not pursuing world locks.
    Of course, but unlike now, hoarding world locks just for the sake of it wasn't the main goal of the game.

    Signature v9.2


    Art by Intensifies (thank you!)
    https://i.postimg.cc/NjzM0nBP/20200311-223919.png
    Previous sigpic by Parpul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  10. #34
    Squire Nuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    somewhere safe from kpop
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    I will keep my opion short.

    The parts of Growtopia that I most enjoyed were discovering new things and building worlds.

    I still remember the thrill I got from splicing new things and discovering which block was a farmable. But now there is Wikia so nobody really splices things unless it's to make world locks by selling them.

    Events are nice. But I prefer events like balloon wars, pandemics and pet battle events. They are more involved. But still they don't give you anything that you just can't buy from some other player.

    I used to especially enjoy the carnival. But I feel the carnival is useless now. The only reason people go there is for the ringmaster. Again the problem is because the prizes are tradable.

    Lastly my biggest disappointment is that spleefs and minigames have completely disappeared. Taking their place on the exit screen are casinos and drop games.

    I'm not complaining about the casinos. There is nothing we can do about them. But since there are no people hosting games or other fun stuff at their worlds, the only thing on the exit screen are these scams.

    Spleefs and minigames were the most fun things. These aren't the only things that people hosted though, people would come up with all kinds of ideas and games to keep people in their world.

    It was the best part of Growtopia in my opinion.

    Now that there are no growtokens there is no reason for people to "waste time" keeping people in their world.
    70% of what you said here is untrue. Alot of newbies still host and play spleef (though spleef games would be harder to find since most spleef games rely on broadcasts to invite people), minigames and participate in carnival games for worldlocks that could buy them a new set; but what you said about the casinos I can agree, but gambling in the game isnt "nothing we can do about them", the disgusting amount of casinos in the game can be fixed by removing the roulette block from the game/remove it's text when punched. Roshambo blocks can have the same fate since noone plays RPS in the game for fun anymore

  11. #35
    Master Sorcerer Chopin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Timmies
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Lol gt has been declining since 2016 what can I say
    I aced the LSAT

  12. #36
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I remember during the first winterfest when Dgate PVP game concept just got invented,

    Me and other 50+ players played for hours and still not tired.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •