Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 81

Thread: News about the virus:

  1. #37
    Master Sorcerer GEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Look at all the documentaries.
    And yes, a more clean country in the north is pretty much safe.
    Top healthcare being them providing a 20 cent mask in exchange for a fortune of 20 USD equivalent.
    I'm comparing how different nations can handle it better.
    Developed nations handle it better, that's just a fact.

    You miss the point.
    Poor countries can not handle a worldwide virus better than rich ones.
    A salary of 350 USD a month can't possibly be good either.
    This is a huge assumption you've made and I'm sure people that are living in the country you call "poor country" is pissed off about the thing you've said to them. Maybe, when you reply, you don't feel like you're attacking/harassing them, but the people who are reading it is surely hurt by the things you have said. It's also pretty rude for you living in this "non-poor-country" to say that you are the best at handling the virus infections.

    I am pretty hurt when you said "Poor countries can not handle a worldwide virus better than rich ones." I assume by saying that you're insulting our human resources that they cannot possibly handle those stuff because we are "poor". We are doing the best we can to reduce or even completely stop the number of infections spreading. We are not racing about who can handle the virus better. WE HAVE CLEAN WATERS. Though some of the rivers look "brown" but we ain't washing our hands in those. The Government is providing us with good water for us to drink, shower, wash our hands, clean our dishes and much more. Not sure what you mean by "Corrupt" here. Some of our people from the council do "Corrupt". You can't blame the country, blame the person him/herself. NO Government is perfect. I think all of the government out there has the same goal, that is to make the whole people living in their country to live more prosperous.

    Let's not compare developed countries and developing countries including their government, especially for this case about 2019-nCoV. I try not to talk about politics because it's not the best to chat here.

    The WHO stated: "Our greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems,". With that said, countries with greater health system should help the countries who have weaker health systems. Even some tables have turned, "WE" some of the poor countries you mentioned are helping the developed countries. For example, based on the things I did... I/we have given some box of masks to Singapore because we know that Singapore is running out of masks.

    As I said, we aren't racing to become "the best country to handle the coronavirus". It's about how we care about other countries that some of them are already severely infected by the virus.


    Critic me if I'm wrong I'll be open and I will apologize of the things I've said that is wrong.
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

    Discord: GENSEAF#1544
    Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
    I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC



  2. #38
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Masks don't help, everyone can wash their hands.
    Poor countries can't deal with it as well as rich nations.
    Nobody has argued against that.
    Lmao just shut up already
    Removed img, please make it smaller. - Corrects

  3. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Lmao just shut up already
    No, let me speak my mind out. The forums are for discussion, if you do not like it, then you can leave.

  4. #40
    Master Sorcerer Oma357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    (JAMMED!)
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Masks don't help, everyone can wash their hands.
    Poor countries can't deal with it as well as rich nations.
    Nobody has argued against that.

    I like how he is referring to 3rd world countries as poor and basically scientifically autistic compared to his magnificent Finland of a country


    Please stop embarrassing yourself
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

    https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

  5. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I like how he is referring to 3rd world countries as poor and basically scientifically autistic compared to his magnificent Finland of a country


    Please stop embarrassing yourself
    I'm not trying to paint on other countries, I'm just saying that they can't deal with the issue as well as developed nations.
    Don't jump to conclusions.

  6. #42
    Master Sorcerer Mc. Zane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pepe Kingdom
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    90% drink black or brown water, the other 10% are considered rich.

    And yes, third world countries are basically screwed. F for you guys!
    Can you not? It's disgustingly rude to tell countries that they are poor when they already know it. You should also stop assuming anywhere else but 'Finland' provides dirty water. Open your eyes.

    P.S. You realise nobody wants to help you right?
    Last edited by Mc. Zane; 02-05-2020 at 12:12 PM. Reason: lmao this guy is rude
    Yep, its me. Your typical meme man who doesn't have a life.
    Anyways, have an addiction to sniffing glue. Nothing else, really.


    Add me on Steam, if you want:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/zanelous

  7. #43
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    90% drink black or brown water, the other 10% are considered rich.

    And yes, third world countries are basically screwed. F for you guys!
    Yikes…you sure this is the point you want to stand by?
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    Whatever timeline I am living in, I want out.

    Contact Info:

  8. #44
    Lesser Wizard WoodBlocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    90% drink black or brown water, the other 10% are considered rich.

    And yes, third world countries are basically screwed. F for you guys!
    Stop generalizing. There are more than what you can see in documentaries. It just makes you seem ignorant. I hope you realize that the way you worded your posts are just inappropriate and rude. It's not helping anyone especially at times like these . Also, no need to wash hands nor wear masks? Doing those two are better than doing absolutely nothing.

    The audacity you have.. it's upsetting.
    Last edited by WoodBlocks; 02-05-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: stop

    | Follow me on instagram: @woodblocked |

  9. #45
    Master Sorcerer Chopin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Timmies
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    No need to panic. No need to wash hands either if you don't live in a third world poor and infected country.
    Firstly, washing hands for 20 seconds can help stop the spreading of germs between people.
    I aced the LSAT

  10. #46
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    47

    Default

    HugeLock, I find it absolutely disgusting how you blatantly insult less developed countries with no regard at all of how it may affect those people who live in these countries. Apart from that, the information you have provided are, as always, either untrue or far from the full truth.

    First of all, most of the people in nations such as Indonesia and China have access to clean, drinkable water . Second of all, having a good healthcare does not mean that a nation is less vulnerable to a viral disease.

    To put in some statistics, the USA and Mexica have been hit the hardest by the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, obvious neither of which third world countries. This is due to the fact that the virus 'originated' from Mexico. Healthcare does not matter as much as geographical location when taking into account how vulnerable a country is to a viral disease such as the one in discussion

    The reason being that for a virus to cause a pandemic, the virus needs to have high lethality, high drug resistance and a relatively complex genetic code. Better healthcare does help slightly, but not that much. This is because antibiotics is the first line of defence against diseases, but they do not work against viruses as they only act upon cell walls (viruses only have protein coat). Vaccines obviously do not exist or are still in research process.

    Lastly, you have stated that masks do not help. However, you will find that masks are extremely efficient at lowering the risk of disease transmissions: even the lower quality masks keep water droplets from penetrating into the body.
    Last edited by Curiosity; 02-05-2020 at 12:56 PM.

  11. #47
    Master Sorcerer Chopin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Timmies
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Like China, Indonesia and Turkey among others.
    Yes, washing your hands is beneficial of course. But with brown or blue water, that might be difficult.
    Secondly, blue and brown water is caused by copper pipes and rust residue respectively. Blue and brown water isn't safe to drink but it definitely is safe to wash your hands with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    That's luxury compared to Indonesia or the other 3rd world countries. Oh my God, they even provide free 15-20c masks that don't help at all!
    Thirdly, cheap masks =/= useless. The sole purpose of store bought surgical masks are to PREVENT the spread of viruses by trapping contaminated droplets from the "patient" inside the mask so the virus cannot spread to other people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    90% drink black or brown water, the other 10% are considered rich.

    And yes, third world countries are basically screwed. F for you guys!
    Fourthly, contrary to popular belief, most third world countries are able to provide their country's residents with clean drinking water. In a study from 2012 from Zimbabwe's National Cencus report, it is shown that the Zimbabwean government has managed to provide safe sources of drinking water to the majority of citizens at least 75 percent of Zimbabweans enjoying access to clean potable water in cities and rural areas. Please let me remind you that Zimbabwe is a third world country notorious for how poor they are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    You miss the point.

    Poor countries can not handle a worldwide virus better than rich ones.

    A salary of 350 USD a month can't possibly be good either.
    Although it is true that poor countries may not be able to "handle" the spread of the disease once it has entered it's borders. A logical option would be to prevent the virus from entering the country at all. Defense is often the best offense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Masks don't help, everyone can wash their hands.
    Poor countries can't deal with it as well as rich nations.
    Nobody has argued against that.
    This is completely false, according to a study from 2012 https://journals.plos.org/plospathog...l.ppat.1003205
    it is shown that masks SIGNIFICANTLY lower the chance of an airborne virus spreading from person to person
    Please do not make up false facts and spread fake news from unreliable sources.
    The ONLY way to stay safe is to be hygienic, wash your hands often, masks do not protect you from the virus, masks only help when everyone wears them. If you want a mask that will actually filter out every particle you breathe in then you must buy the N95 mask. This mask is used by doctors and nurses treating the coronavirus and filters out most particles that you might breathe in significantly lowering the chances of you getting the virus. Wearing the N95 mask for long periods of time may lead to fatigue because of the lack of oxygen.
    I aced the LSAT

  12. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    Secondly, blue and brown water is caused by copper pipes and rust residue respectively. Blue and brown water isn't safe to drink but it definitely is safe to wash your hands with.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Thirdly, cheap masks =/= useless. The sole purpose of store bought surgical masks are to PREVENT the spread of viruses by trapping contaminated droplets from the "patient" inside the mask so the virus cannot spread to other people.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fourthly, contrary to popular belief, most third world countries are able to provide their country's residents with clean drinking water. In a study from 2012 from Zimbabwe's National Cencus report, it is shown that the Zimbabwean government has managed to provide safe sources of drinking water to the majority of citizens at least 75 percent of Zimbabweans enjoying access to clean potable water in cities and rural areas. Please let me remind you that Zimbabwe is a third world country notorious for how poor they are.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Although it is true that poor countries may not be able to "handle" the spread of the disease once it has entered it's borders. A logical option would be to prevent the virus from entering the country at all. Defense is often the best offense.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is completely false, according to a study from 2012 https://journals.plos.org/plospathog...l.ppat.1003205
    it is shown that masks SIGNIFICANTLY lower the chance of an airborne virus spreading from person to person
    Please do not make up false facts and spread fake news from unreliable sources.
    Here comes mr. drama! Yes, I still stand by my point.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •