Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Spelunkorama Strikes Back

Default [Feedback] Spelunkorama Strikes Back

Name:  Grow_Mining_World_v1.8_alt.png
Views: 867
Size:  225.7 KB

Heya Guys,

We just released the Spelunkorama once again! You can read more about it here.

Do check it out and share your insights about it here, we would love to know what you think about it! Plus, if you have suggestions you can share them here as well

Have fun!

~ NekoRei

So have you guys tried it already? Hahah just eager to know what everyone thinks or if you guys are having issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    So have you guys tried it already? Hahah just eager to know what everyone thinks or if you guys are having issues with it.
    The banner is very interesting, ma’am. I wonder if the door is obtainable!
    I wonder if I could build with it.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

It is spelunkularly awesome!

Honestly, it was better than I expected it would be since I only expected cave like items and then... new blocks came out which are good for building WOTD attempts and especially the new clothings which is designed very well, kudos to the team for your hardwork for this update
    A demon never hides - therefore lurking in the beneath of the abyss, now bow down you puny little mortals!

IGN: Zytran
    World: ZYTRAN
    Instagram: @zytran_gt

Banned

A bit boring and disapointing to be honest. No offense of course.

i dont understand this updatre

Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    I can't seem to find the portal to new cave in newly-caveblasted world even when /renderworld, is it a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggs View Post
    I can't seem to find the portal to new cave in newly-caveblasted world even when /renderworld, is it a bug?
    To see the door to the new mine world you need to have the "Magic Stones" equipped. Use with care tho, they don't last forever.

Ok so, this update is super cool and was the most fun i had with an update in a while due to the exploration aspect, however there's flaws, but i will list pros too, and solutions to the flaws.

.PROS of Exploration: Finding the door portal at first was pretty cool, especially since you need an item to see it and enter it, would be cool if we got more mechanics like this in other blasts, worlds/events and more, or even be able to get items like that to build with.

Then the first time (and sadly only time, more on that in a bit) i went into the new cave was super cool! Being put into this whole new area and seeing where i was with the menu and seeing (Myworld)_0182939191 shocked me so much! You guys learned how to make sub worlds, with a blast and door, from player owned worlds! That has tons of potential in the future, and im excited to see what you'll do with it, the dark background helps with exploring of coarse since you cant see anything around you. The structures and new ores in this layer of the cave is so cool, all the hidden rooms with explosives and i was shocked to see a fire room of sorts at the very bottom of my world. And the fact there was a time limit I think make it nice too.

.FLAWS of Exploration: I said this my only time in the world and its mainly due to knowing all worlds will be similar, no chance for special structures or different items (ores maybe) in said worlds, All rooms hold explosives, and its just feels like I don't know if I'll run through again unless theres a new item from it or achievement. I would add rare structures that spawn, just to give cool things to look at and maybe some item exclusive to said structure. Easy fix i think though. Also issues with the future is that dark backgrounds dont fit every world so maybe if you try something like this again with a different theme, fog, or something of the sort. Also theres no surprise or question how you find the hidden door since around the door the stones are around it, its not hidden, i would removed the stone spawning, and maybe have the item made or gotten to enter or find doors from the items found in the blast or world (Ex. Change the magic stones to breaking cave dirt or mixing cave dirt + aqua cave crystals) something like that. Its straight forward, makes it less fun.

.PROS of Items: The items this update are pretty cool, dragon items, the new mech and drawf items, new easy to obtain blocks. Nothing much i can say here. Also since this doesnt need its own category, the explosive mechanic is super cool and really makes the mine special.

.FLAWS of Items: Issue, they're were all from the same thing, we got them all already even the mech due to how straight forward the update was, all items are gotten from those rare ores. It ruins exploring and trying to find items. All but 1 item is from the ores? Since this is a mine, i would of made multiple ores (maybe some rarer than others or made from other older materials like opal, ruby, emerald, etc.) which would make these items instead of RNG, RNG isnt bad but i feel like this update will die out quick due to all these factors.

MAJOR ISSUE: Little to do, we get items from a new method.. wow, cool way? uh yes! super cool! but we cant do anything with this new stuff tying back to the base game, its just there. I mainly address how to fix this in Item's Flaws. But this update went by way too quick. so i have another suggestion... but im iffy on it.

SPLITTING MONTHLY UPDATES (sorta): Each monthly if it needs it (ex. Transmutata booth, Guild challenges, and store wars should all be at once) but things like this should have 2 parts, I'll use this update has an example. Lets say there was a rare structure in the mines with a broken elevator sorta, or some wall with a key, hidden away in the world with the use of the stones. You can't get in it yet since the update with the item to get in comes out later, after valentines for example we get part 2 of this update with the Magic ore key which uses the new ores we got, this new layer gives a new quest or part to the legendary wizard v.2 or something like that. Im iffy on this idea though since people might get mad that it wasn't done right away but. Thats up to you guys.

OVERALL: 6/10: Really cool ideas concept and potential, but its lack in variety, how easy it is to get all the items/how the update was spoon fed or straight forward, and how it doesnt tie back to anything else/doesn't have long term use, really killed it. Try addressing these issues in future updates.

(P.S. Can we get a variant of magic stones that are transmutatable lol, those are a really cool hand item.)

Lesser Wizard

Default Feedback!

Aite, finally an update to a somewhat dead part of growtopia, I now like the new updates related to the cave blasts, and great items too
    Finally, a goddamn machine that can break all the cave stuffs. It used to be such a pain and it's great that this was introduced.

New clothing items are cool, the goggles on the hat look similar to the ze goggles/ aka MINIONS
    The new balrog wing was a very good addition to this update. Despite it being a remodel of the IOTM golden razor wings, ngl the effects are cool, hope it had slightly more animations though

Overall? Great update, 8/10!!

This update is easy and fun for rich player that have Night vision goggles, tons of cave blast, and new mecha robot to 1 hit block in cave blast & magic cave. For poor player, it's still fun but hard to see because torch & flashlight just give very short range vision.

Overall i like this update, specially for smithing item because it has been 1 year since last smithing item released.

I give rate 7/10
    WRYYYYYYYYYYY....

I must say the blocks and premise of this update are really well done. The block sprites are nicely done, and also tile, which is a definite plus. It's a massive shame that builders cannot utilise the rune door, ore vein, or pure ore blocks for decorating alongside the usable magic-infused stone.

Maybe it would be nice to add alternative blocks to wallpapers that are darkness (so that we can use them elsewhere in other places), as well as alternatives to blocks used in official worlds - such as the new caverns with the magic-infused ore. Another case of this was the sacrificial well; really nicely designed block, but not usable by world builders. I get that this may be a problem for certain blocks and inevitable scamming, but some blocks should be free from this.
    33 World of the Days won.
    3 World Building Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Harvey#7777