Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 502 error (Forums) and can't login (Growtopia) 60% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    I thought they separated it during 2018..
    well idk, my GT server won't let me play whenever the forums is down or overloaded
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest content out there

Yesterday I was ready for spamming in forum but nvm the forum error
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri Ichigyou View Post
    dating can't be done alone so let's do it together
    Watching Kuroko No Basket I hate sports but i like watching em

Bumping this thread,Due to im experiencing it getting 502 error and as well 504 sometimes when i try to check the forums for updates, However i only experience it on forums not on the game itself..

Edit:It happened again for me i got 502 error, and 403 error. I've added the said images so that you may able to see it.
    Name:  cap1.png
Views: 67
Size:  112.9 KB,Name:  cap-2.png
Views: 65
Size:  106.0 KB
    Last edited by hatsune; 02-09-2020 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added some screenshot for the said error.
    Owner Of BSR . your anime Song World In Growtopia

Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    Bumping this thread,Due to im experiencing it getting 502 error and as well 504 sometimes when i try to check the forums for updates, However i only experience it on forums not on the game itself..

Edit:It happened again for me i got 502 error, and 403 error. I've added the said images so that you may able to see it.
    Name:  cap1.png
Views: 67
Size:  112.9 KB,Name:  cap-2.png
Views: 65
Size:  106.0 KB
    fact: if you make new thread any sub forum its said 403 Forbidden
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    GT and GT Forums has the same server meaning if the forums gets attacked (ddos) then GT might crash aswell...

im not 100% sure but it looks to me that everytime I get disconnected in GT I also get kicked off the forums/error 403/502.

But I also have a theory that the NGINX thingy could be responsible aswell (but if it did, alot of forums&sites might be down aswell)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    I thought they separated it during 2018..
    The game gets its data (IP and stuff) from an API endpoint in growtopiagame.com itself.
    When the website is down, the game will use the alternate server (most likely growtopia2.com) and if that's down too, then you're screwed.
    Other than that, the game runs on a different machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ColderMan View Post
    The game gets its data (IP and stuff) from an API endpoint in growtopiagame.com itself.
    When the website is down, the game will use the alternate server (most likely growtopia2.com) and if that's down too, then you're screwed.
    Other than that, the game runs on a different machine.
    To be honest, they should run the forums on other server that they have, which means it would not affect the other on both ends. Cause if the server for the forum would die,and as well the game's main server it would cause a lot of chaos. cause we would not know the news with regards to what had happened.

P.S I do sometimes look only on the forums for the news on the game, cause i do not trust their other social platforms. {Kinda sucks i know.}
    Last edited by hatsune; 02-09-2020 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Re-phrasing my post.

Banned

To be honest, they should run the forums on other server that they have, In that way the forum server would not get down if the server for their game has any problems. cause if i understand you correctly it means that if both servers are down and the game is down we will be unable to what had happened.
    In that case, the forum will be moved to forums.growtopiagame.com and SEO will be screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by myLocation View Post
    fact: if you make new thread any sub forum its said 403 Forbidden
    When the server is overloaded (error 502/503) it will automatically execute 403 Forbidden, meaning the server doesn't allow any movements...
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest content out there

Quote Originally Posted by ColderMan View Post
    In that case, the forum will be moved to forums.growtopiagame.com and SEO will be screwed up.
    It depends if they move it on a crappy new server or not, cause if the server for the forums is stable it would run just fine, rather than. Giving 502/403 errors which make the forums look crappy imo.

Banned

It depends if they move it on a crappy new server or not, cause if the server for the forums is stable it would run just fine, rather than. Giving 502/403 errors which make the forums look crappy imo.
    The thing is, when a DDoS occurs, server performance is not the main factor to stop a DDoS (well unless you own Google's servers). What count here is the services you use to mitigate the DDoS (like CloudFlare)