Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the developers planning on improving the ROOTS update?

Lesser Knight

Default Are the developers planning on improving the ROOTS update?

I know people feel that ROOTS is a waste of an update, but at least hear me out...

Anyways, the ROOTS update is an update that has so much potential. First of all, the Bountiful Blocks, Wallpapers, Backgrounds, etc added look super nice and are quite affordable for a majority of the player-base. Second of all, the new spin at farming is something that offers farmers a nice alternative (not now, but could).

Cons about ROOTS that should be revisited and perhaps improved upon:

More Bountiful Blocks, Wallpapers, etc
    I know this one is a bit of a stretch, but its actually valid. We have a great variety of Bountiful items already in the game, but only a limited amount. Also, there needs to be some sort of "tier" system for these blocks. Ubisoft could add some exquisite style bountiful blocks (gemstones, signs, blocks, etc) that require many roots use and are higher tier. Furthermore, they could add more "middle tier" and "lower tier" blocks that would be accessible to most of the player base. The fascinating look and possibly rarity of these tiers would encourage players to work toward them, and perhaps a good use for the numerous roots in the game. Also a great option for world building, hence the current Bountiful items validating this.

ROOTS gems needs to be better than farming
    Don't get me wrong, farming is a great way to get gems. However, when the ROOTS update was first introduced, Ubisoft claimed it was for skilled and more patient farmers. Why not reinforce this patience by rewarding players more? The incentive of more gems would push players (especially those that want instant rewards) to achieve better by working harder and longer, which is not a bad thing.

ROOTS mechanics (little thing)
    As a roots farmer myself, I want to mention that we need some way to break roots. There are moments when I regret roots farming a certain bountiful item, and I can't break the root (forcing me to replace the fertile block itself). There are possibly other mechanics improvements, but I can't think of any others as of now.

More apparel and other cool items made using ROOTS
    Ubisoft added the Samurai set during PAW which was a great idea: an incentive to use roots for a great reward. I think that was sufficient evidence backing the idea that we need more items that would fascinate players (cool effects, looks, etc) encouraging them to use roots. There are farmers with thousands and thousands of unused roots, waiting for many more uses (considering the current items are not sufficient and inexpensive).

Demand Inflicting Incentive for ROOTS
    There needs to be some major demand for ROOTS at some point. Farmers have piled thousands on thousands of roots, and other events are receiving more demand from carnival, daily challenges, monthly events, etc. Whenever something can be mass produced, I feel like a sufficient and elastic way to rid these items is necessary, and in this case ROOTS would be one of them.

If you have any suggestions to solve these problems, feel free to leave it down below. Remember this is just my opinion, so if you disagree that's totally fine!
    Last edited by Matrices; 02-28-2020 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Changed to discuss issues with the ROOTS update (versus) should they improve it

Lesser Knight

BUMP! Any opinions or anyone agrees?

i would assume if anything just more items for it which wont do it anygood, i think the main issue with roots is thats its limited to those set items.

Honestly ubisoft has tons of good ideas but they either get stale fast, or in the month theres nothing to them to last.

Major examples being roots, Mining (this month's update), mutant (that should of been with chemicals), guild challenges

To tell you the truth. I still haven't touch any items or such, that were released from the ROOTS update. It probably would be improved... but probably going to take awhile.
    O how little

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    i would assume if anything just more items for it which wont do it anygood, i think the main issue with roots is thats its limited to those set items.

Honestly ubisoft has tons of good ideas but they either get stale fast, or in the month theres nothing to them to last.

Major examples being roots, Mining (this month's update), mutant (that should of been with chemicals), guild challenges
    I agree. Maybe they should add some sort of RNG use for roots? Players seem to have so many roots piled up with no use or demand for them

Red face hi

Maybe at some point they will
    I believe in making the impossible possible, because there's no fun in giving up ā¤šŸ˜‰
    I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer everyday ā¤šŸ¤—

Lesser Wizard

Pls do! I have 400+ bountiful monkshood trees

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ByTrollerloz312 View Post
    Pls do! I have 400+ bountiful monkshood trees
    I have like 1000+ random assorted roots that won't sell due to no uses. I've seen players with over 5k roots just holding onto them waiting.

Hopefully something will be done.

When first came out I farm a bit of the soil, and like gave up,( didnā€™t really want to farm for profit and such) realize that if you want to mix item you need to do a lot like splicing similar and gave up for a week and prices drop a lot which is pretty much a waste of time since no gems,
    when they rework it with more gems I already gave up the roots update
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

Hmm make the seeds kinda a daily quest thing. And a new quest giver who needs tons of roots
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 56/125
    Sell Some STUFF IN OQ60
    Buying List:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-have-a-list-)

Lesser Knight

BUMP! Any other meaningful feedback or possibly from Ubisoft?

Talking Hi

Still no updates about ROOTS.
    I believe in making the impossible possible, because there's no fun in giving up ā¤šŸ˜‰
    I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer everyday ā¤šŸ¤—