Thread: Do you regret playing Growtopia?

Default Do you regret playing Growtopia?

Do you regret playing Growtopia? Do you ever feel that you've wasted too much time? Do you feel like it won't matter anymore later on?

I have played Growtopia TOO MUCH.

I stopped playing Growtopia for "fun" a long time ago. The only reason I play it is to make world locks. Because there is something about earning world locks and hoarding them. There is no fun aspect in it anymore for me. It's a grinding game now.

I used to enjoy building worlds a lot. I built many creative games as well. But now it is impossible to keep people in the world and there is nothing to gain from keeping people in the world.

But earning world locks is not fun. It involves punching blocks or trading the same things for the same prices. Doesn't even help my math.

So a while back.. my mother banned me from playing Growtopia and other stupid grinding video games because she thinks I am addicted. And I probably was.

I'm okay now but I realized one thing.

What would be the effect on a person who played the game so excessively just for world locks when he realizes that the game is being shut down?

I mean it happens with every game inevitably. Or maybe his mother hits him on the head like in my case. Or maybe he just grows out of it like I'm staring to.

Lastly do you think there's anything in Growtopia that can be changed so as to prevent kids from becoming addicts?

Maybe a limit like 3 hours a day of playtime. Because I know a lot of people play for 8 to 10 hours a day.

Of course it is highly unlikely a game company would apply such restrictions and reduce potential revenue.. but what are possible measures?
    removed weird signature
    Please do not use that picture again or I will have to ban you.

I do not play Growtopia as much as I used to for the simple reason of it being boring. I also feel that I've spent too much time to just quit and lose everything. That and my friends are the only things keeping me from quitting.
    Retired poster

idk dude i still play it for the sake of having fun from time to time
    i didnt really have any interest in profiting and the times when i do profit, it's for the sake of getting budget to build a world or just to make music.
    i started playing with my friends again and we decided to build a world for our classroom, just for fun.
    so i'd say i did regret how i played before for the sake of profit. but i dont really regret the fun times i had with my friends in it.

Click This for Stuff About Building Things
    Yes, my username is from that anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satania
    Look, I quoted someone's post!

I started playing a long time ago. All my friends from that time have stopped playing. Most of them. It's kind of scary seeing so many people in my friend list that haven't played for more than a year. And I have more than 80 such dead accounts in my friend list.
    removed weird signature
    Please do not use that picture again or I will have to ban you.

I don't really regret playing this game.

TBH after almost 7 years of playing this game, I never had a single goal but only socialized through this game and I thank this game for that, it also gave me an opportunity to make friends as I was an introverted kid.

As I grow older I don't feel the same for GT anymore and just want to move on, don't get me wrong, games are the best and nothing will ever make me hate them, it's just that the latest community is just so bad and the 2.0 devs aren't as fun as the Rtsoft era, that's why I don't feel the same for GT anymore, it's that simple.
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest content out there

Peasant

I don't regret playing growtopia, but i regret selling Zraei's Dragon Scarf when it was the item of the month...

I regret playing gt in 2018 maybe if I play in 2013 I'm alrd rich
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri Ichigyou View Post
    dating can't be done alone so let's do it together
    Watching Kuroko No Basket I hate sports but i like watching em

No, simply because this game played a part in shaping who I am today. Some people spend lots of time on games and still finish what's needed to be done(school or work). Its all about time management and how efficient you are. You could spend hours on your homework and still have no progression; because you're procrastinating, got distracted, watching videos, fell asleep, etc.

And if a game feels like a chore, just take a break from it. Also just spending all day on homework will cause you to get distracted easily, so a balance between work and play is still important. As for how to split the time, you be the judge.
    Hello.

Yes and no.

I've been playing growtopia since I was 9 years old. That's literally almost half my life. I met so many awesome people and learned so many things. The reason why I said yes is because it made me antisocial at one point. I would play growtopia almost 24/7 if I had the chance to and all that time looking at the screen made me lose my social skills. I would not talk to anyone at school nor at home.
    I also say no because I (somehow) do have friends irl who have played growtopia and while they never play anymore and make fun of me, it's really fun to look back at all the memories we made. It also helped me boost my creativity and made me want to do art

I love growtopia. It's like a drug.

I quit on May 5th, 2020

| Follow me on twitter: @chaddercheese_ |

Lesser Wizard

No regrets, everything we do teaches us something, for example Growtopia and other games. Life is not spending all of our time working, you can always step back and do something you love. I still find the game very promising to its players, the friendships and memories it gives behind the pixels.
    GrowID: ProdigyDawn
    IG: @prodigydawn
    ProdigyDawn#5608

I do not really regret it. I made several really good, supportive friends playing Growtopia; I was always able to exhibit self-control and never played so much it affected me or anything related.

While I do not really enjoy the direction the game is going in, pulling me away from friends takes a bit more than vapid gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chong View Post
    No, simply because this game played a part in shaping who I am today. Some people spend lots of time on games and still finish what's needed to be done(school or work). Its all about time management and how efficient you are. You could spend hours on your homework and still have no progression; because you're procrastinating, got distracted, watching videos, fell asleep, etc.

And if a game feels like a chore, just take a break from it. Also just spending all day on homework will cause you to get distracted easily, so a balance between work and play is still important. As for how to split the time, you be the judge.
    You are still alive! It is nice to see familiar faces.

<3
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

Whatever timeline I am living in, I want out.

Contact Info: