Thread: The new super GBC and point systems are misleading

Default The new super GBC and point systems are misleading

Before I begin I just want to state that my opinion is based on giving the players more information on what they are getting into and not about the percentage/drop rate.

The Growtopia team can't control what players do but I am arguing for giving the player's all the information and letting them make the decession.

So they have a 4x chance of giving you a golden heart crystal when you break 100 regular gbc. That sounds like a horrible deal in my opinion it seems like a over absorbent deluxe cracker. The new "point" system just promotes players to spend more gems for a 4x chance of what is already super low. They should have shared the approximate odds just so it could be more transparent and people could go into it willingly but at this point just feels like a cash grab. I agree that GBC's have been around for a long time and at this point it's not their fault if they don't share anything but with the introduction of the point system they should. Since now it keeps track of how many you have broken and as far as I know you can't turn it off so it's a constant reminder. If nothing comes out of this thread please give us the opportunity in the settings to disable that as a parent control feature.

I know their reasoning behind the Super GBC since it wasn't there in the previous years so players actually have a better chance of getting a GHC this year then they did last year. But the whole point approach is not right and they could have come up with something else. They alwase try to make an argument for transparency and how they will change in the future but I don't really see it.

It is clear that Valentine's Day is a big profit maker which I understand games need to make money/ be profitable to continue on but just put the approximate odds and what 4x actually means just so the player has a choice.
    Last edited by Slayer7; 02-13-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling/ Bolding words
    wow nice picture

That's exactly what it is its a marketing strategy my dude
    Get a DL [X]
    Get 10 DL [X]
    Get 50 DL [X]
    Get 100 DL [X]
    Get 150 DL [X]
    Get 200 DL []
    Reach 50 Level [X]
    Legendary Dragon []
    DR. Title[]
    Legend Title[]

If normal Golden booty Chest has 0,01% chance to get GHC. Super one has 0,04% chance, Great deal!
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by VoVoGames View Post
    Are you sure its 0.01% chance? Because that means you can get up to 10 ghc from 1000 gbc, which is insane and you are too lucky if you get even 1!!!
    No those are ofcourse not the odds he is just stating how the points are multiplied when you have a sGBC. Also they are alot lower then 1%
    Last edited by Slayer7; 02-13-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    wow nice picture

Lesser Wizard

Are you sure its 0.01% chance? Because that means you can get up to 10 ghc from 1000 gbc, which is insane and you are too lucky if you get even 1!!!
    The sentence started with if
    ign: DylanRider

some random stuff at VLRA!

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie View Post
    The sentence started with if
    I Apologies.. Didn't noticed this..

-ZweckGT

0.01% is 1 in 10000 not 10 in 1000
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Sewing and smithing service!

Lesser Wizard

Default I wanna say this.

I understand your complain about the percentage of getting the ghc but if the chances gets higher do you think the golden item will be smth special? its about luck lets deal with it. I spend 40dls and didnt get any just angel the rarest but still good update. Lets enjoy the valentines its a game

Quote Originally Posted by kpnicko View Post
    I understand your complain about the percentage of getting the ghc but if the chances gets higher do you think the golden item will be smth special? its about luck lets deal with it. I spend 40dls and didnt get any just angel the rarest but still good update. Lets enjoy the valentines its a game
    I absolutely understand that but if you read the thread (the first two sentences) that's not what I am trying to point out. The problem isn't the percentage it's the transparency behind it.
    wow nice picture