Thread: Best way to make profit?

Default Best way to make profit?

So since I’m a little (ok a lot) rusty concerning this game, what’s the best way to make a profit? World locks are still the currency right?
    Smash that flag counter in the face

Thanks Topazi for this portrait of me.

World locks, diamond locks, the new fancy blue gem locks, though the latter is still only limited to the creme de la creme.

Farming is still the mainstream profiting method, though there's a few alterations to it now. there's the normal way, the break for gems way (you either host it, but you'd need an initial investment of about 50 dls (0.5 bgls just because i forgot to mention the value of those earlier), or you break for gems in one such world) and then there's the unpopular method of roots, which nobody has really explored yet.

I guess WOTD building is a pretty lucrative 'business' now, though it leaves a pretty bad aftertaste saying it that way. I only say that because the trophy price has skyrocketed. You shouldn't build for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    World locks, diamond locks, the new fancy blue gem locks, though the latter is still only limited to the creme de la creme.

Farming is still the mainstream profiting method, though there's a few alterations to it now. there's the normal way, the break for gems way (you either host it, but you'd need an initial investment of about 50 dls (0.5 bgls just because i forgot to mention the value of those earlier), or you break for gems in one such world) and then there's the unpopular method of roots, which nobody has really explored yet.

I guess WOTD building is a pretty lucrative 'business' now, though it leaves a pretty bad aftertaste saying it that way. I only say that because the trophy price has skyrocketed. You shouldn't build for profit.
    Oh alright so really farming is still the mainstream way of making world locks. What are some good farmable these days?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
    Oh alright so really farming is still the mainstream way of making world locks. What are some good farmable these days?
    Pepper trees and laser grids seem to be the meta, though I myself would recommend farming rice or sugarcanes. Maybe stick to farming for gems while it is still valentine's week because you can sell the booty chests for expensive. Rice and sugarcanes are easy to break and they grow fast. Their seeds are also one of the more expensive ones. Additionally, sugacane seeds can easily be sold in BUYSUGARCANE due to the public bulletin board. Perhaps not a good long term strategy, but could help when growing your initial capital.

Lesser Wizard

Farming is the risk-free approach. Laser grids and pepper trees are quite decent.

You can try profitting with geiger too if you can afford a shoulder cannon

Lesser Wizard

one option is providers, but the profit has decreased so much and seems to be getting worse that it's not really worth it anymore unless you have the free time.
    IGN: Endearing
    Goals: Golden Angel Wings

"I was born with the gift to not give a f***" - Russell Westbrook

I just hate the fact that farming is pretty much the only way to get out of "Poverty"... Years ago you could just trade your way up to riches, but nowdays price checks are everywhere.
    IGN: Masaxi

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Agentti View Post
    I just hate the fact that farming is pretty much the only way to get out of "Poverty"... Years ago you could just trade your way up to riches, but nowdays price checks are everywhere.
    Well, imo farming has always been the way to escape poverty. It's the only way to actl earn wls out of nthn. From 0 wls to 10wls, the best option was to farm, basically breaking blocks, plant seeds rinse repeat. From 10 to 1dl its always still farming becuz the capital is low, which meant farming was best suited for them.

Alternatives are always there, and are sometimes better. But most of them require an initial investment+budget. Trading upwards is still a relevant and popular method, but well u need a budget and investment for sure.

I personally like farming in a certain bfg world. The profit is decent but it's a risk free method so why not? For 3 min I can get 1.2k gems. That amount of gems is a pretty good profit for valentines event cuz those valentine packs are worth around 5000/4wls.

Note : I'm using rayman and I don't know the exact time/gems for a single fist
    I have been playing this game since 2016!

I'm the guy who often misspelled growtopia to "groetopia"

Thank you for all the help everyone! I’ll get on it.