Thread: A Growtopia API for developers.

Lightbulb A Growtopia API for developers.

If growtopia had a public API that could check player status and more that would be interesting.

This could be useful for a growtopia marketplace.

Let's say someone adds an item to the marketplace and someone wants to buy the item from the seller.

Instead of going in game and typing /msg <username> to see if the user is online the marketplace website could just indicate that the user is either offline or online via red or green dot beside the seller's name by using growtopia's public API.

There are obviously other good uses to this API besides a marketplace (Couldn't think of any other)

I understand that there might be down sides to this if more information other than status is given to the developer, but hey it's just a suggestion.

Guess that would put some load on the server.
    Technology is amazing!

Don't forget to check out this awesome website!

Quote Originally Posted by senorMatt View Post
    If growtopia had a public API that could check player status and more that would be interesting.

This could be useful for a growtopia marketplace.

Let's say someone adds an item to the marketplace and someone wants to buy the item from the seller.

Instead of going in game and typing /msg <username> to see if the user is online the marketplace website could just indicate that the user is either offline or online via red or green dot beside the seller's name by using growtopia's public API.

There are obviously other good uses to this API besides a marketplace (Couldn't think of any other)

I understand that there might be down sides to this if more information other than status is given to the developer, but hey it's just a suggestion.
    This would certainly be interesting but I do not see the point of going to a website to find sellers of specific items when I can do that ingame.
    Retired poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    This would certainly be interesting but I do not see the point of going to a website to find sellers of specific items when I can do that ingame.
    Same, although I sometimes use this if I'm too lazy.
    Technology is amazing!

Don't forget to check out this awesome website!